Question D23 Expo First timer - Tips and Tricks!

Hey All,

This is my first time attending D23 Expo! My girlfriend and I are so excited and cant wait.

What are some must do's?

Any tips for first-timers?

How does the limited merchandising work? Is it first come first serve? Each expo day do they add/release more items?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Re: D23 Expo First timer - Tips and Tricks!

The limited merchandise is first come fist served and it opens at 9:00 am for D23 members and 10:00 for general admission. There is usually something different being released each morning and sometimes different things at different stores (there's the Disney store, the Disney dream store and Mickey's of Glendale) However, I don't think I've only seen the special release limited edition stuff at the Disney and Disney dream stores. Get there early especially if it's a vinylmation release!!!

Plan your trip ahead of time, figure out which panels are most important to you and get the stage pass ticket. Definitely leave time to walk around the show floor, there are lots of great booths and some cool freebies!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by carlosar33 View Post
    What are some must do's?

Because there is so much going on at the Expo, the "must-do's" are different for everyone! The most popular pavilion is normally the Parks and Resorts pavilion and this year, the Journey into Imagineering theme is going to be very popular. I also have it on good word that the 2 Studios Arena presentations are going to be huge, with some really big star appearances. Definitely hit up some of the smaller panels as well, as they are very fun, informative, and intimate.

Any tips for first-timers?

Just take it easy and enjoy yourself. All too often people get caught up in the crowds and madness of it all that it just isn't fun anymore. If you take it slow, make reasonable priorities, and adjust to the situation then you'll have a blast.

If you have your heart set on attending one of the smaller panels, make sure you get a StagePass. They are the only way to guarantee a seat in the smaller rooms. If you are set on seeing an Arena presentation, get there early! The Arena is big, but many people were still turned away last year.

Hope that helps! Have a great time!

Bring water and wear comfortable shoes. Make sure to shop Mickey's of Glendale and possibly the Treasures of the Disney Archives store (though be prepared to wait in long lines at checkout at the Archive store-nothing was barcoded in 2011 so EVERYTHING had to be typed by hand-hopefully they corrected this problem!)
    The arena panels are great, but if you have trouble handling crowds of people-stick to the smaller panels.
    Above all-HAVE FUN!!!

• The Disneyland Bro

Quote Originally Posted by Dinglehopper View Post
    The limited merchandise is first come fist served and it opens at 9:00 am for D23 members and 10:00 for general admission. There is usually something different being released each morning and sometimes different things at different stores (there's the Disney store, the Disney dream store and Mickey's of Glendale) However, I don't think I've only seen the special release limited edition stuff at the Disney and Disney dream stores. Get there early especially if it's a vinylmation release!!!
    Will they make that information known the day of, or as you enter, for which locations are offering limited merch? All the releases I've seen are just what merch will be available period, not starting such-and-such day.