• The Disneyland Bro

Saving spots in line

Hi! This will be my first D23 Expo (or any Convention like this, I've never done Comic-Con or the like). Is there a general policy or unwritten rule as far as saving spots in lines goes? I'm going with one other person, and there are several times where one of us could wait in line while the other does X activity; is that something that's frowned upon, or is that pretty common / acceptable at the Expo?

I just want to make sure I don't do anything to ruffle feathers. Savings spots in line bugs me at the Disney Parks, but unsure of what's acceptable at events like D23.

Thanks!

Re: Saving spots in line

This is a personal opinion, but it sort of depends on what is happening, and how many people are leaving the line (Disney may have official policy on this). If one or two people in your group are leaving to use the bathroom or get a coffee/snack, I have no problem with that. If they are leaving to do something else entirely (like go see an exhibit), that's a little more iffy. I'd be quite angry if anyone was holding spots in line for a large group of people, particularly in the morning, just so that some of the people could sleep in. I'm always fine with one parent with a small child going off with that kid while the other parent waits in line.

My personal attitude is that if you are in line for the event, that should be your focus for that time period. Sure, you may need to use the restroom or grab food, but you aren't trying to do something completely different. I'm sure that others here have differing feelings.

By the way, staff members for the upstairs events were generally okay with people leaving the line for a few minutes to get some water or use the restroom at the last expo, but they often had the line in a separate room, so that a huge group of people couldn't easily join in with one person holding a spot (which isn't to say that didn't occasionally happen). Not sure how much the StagePass process will change this.

• Minion

Honestly, nobody will care if it's just you and 1 other person. Most everyone has an issue when 1 person saves spots for 5 people or more, especially when in line for the smaller venues, as they can only hold a small amount.

Yeah, I have to agree with both above. I feel like leaving lines for long periods of time (like to see another exhibit or showfloor) or saving spots for 4+ people, especially when they don't show up until right before the panel will make a few people angry. But if you need to get out of line to go to the bathroom or make a quick starbucks run (which I plan on doing for my boyfriend and I in the morning) you should be okay.

On a somewhat related note, is anyone planning on having someone run over to the stagepass line in the morning before they let us in to the D23 Arena? I'm worried about how fast stagepass tickets will run out for the afternoon shows. Thoughts on that?

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN

l'm a newbie here. I am thinking about doing that since more than likely I am going to be dying for a cup of coffee by then and will have to do a coffee run while we wait.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Quote Originally Posted by JDisneyB View Post
    On a somewhat related note, is anyone planning on having someone run over to the stagepass line in the morning before they let us in to the D23 Arena? I'm worried about how fast stagepass tickets will run out for the afternoon shows. Thoughts on that?
    I was under the impression that the afternoon shows won't be available for stagepass until noon. I thought you could get one stage pass first thing for a morning show, and then one stage pass at noon for the afternoon shows. Aren't the arena panels at like 10?

Also, I read a LONG time ago that this year they were going to do wristbands for waiting in line, so you had to be there when they handed out the wristband but then could go to the bathroom and stuff and still get back in. I haven't heard anything about it since, did they scrap this for the stagepass?

• No Disassemble!

So Disney doesn't do what comic con did this year then, which was hand out bracelets to every person that was in line and then later refuse those who happened to be away from their party when the bracelets were being handed out?

In my opinion this system sucks especially when your wife is pregnant and can't sit on the floor.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Disney Trivia Queen

I'm 27 weeks pregnant right now and would still prefer the wrist bands... I would rather stand and wait until they hand out the bracelets and then take my potty/finding some place more comfortable to sit than have one person save a place in line for their 10 friends!

Dinglehopper, no actually morning panels don't have any stagepasses. At 9 am you can get stagepasses for shows that are from noon to 3 and at 12:30 you can get a stagepass for an after 3pm show.

So I'm not sure if waiting until after the first arena show would be too late to get a stagepass for smaller afternoon panels or if you can even wait in the regular line at all.
    Not counting on any regular lines because it seems like they are handing every seat out as a stagepass and not reserving any for regular line guests. Regular line seems like a waitlist type thing.

I guess I'm just going to have to wait until the first day to figure everything out. Interested to see how the stagepasses and new D23 arena line work out.

CHRISTINA&JUSTIN