How early to be sure to be in Sat movie presentation?

Ill be watching for reports from Friday, but I was wondering when most folks think would be the safe time to be there to ensure a seat in the main arena for the movie presentation at 10:30? Since those going to Legends will likely have to skip it, I'm hoping that helps.

I have my tickets I got in the mail, I assume those ARE my badges, and I don't have to trade them in?

i sure hope they have a humane system and give out wristbands at some early time to those waiting, so you know you have a seat, and can then go from there.

jason

• Minion

Re: How early to be sure to be in Sat movie presentation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    Ill be watching for reports from Friday, but I was wondering when most folks think would be the safe time to be there to ensure a seat in the main arena for the movie presentation at 10:30? Since those going to Legends will likely have to skip it, I'm hoping that helps.
    It really just depends how early you want to get there. Considering that the Arena queue opens at 8am, I would suggest to be in line by 7am. The queue system they are using this year is very different from previous years, so nobody really knows for sure. But I think being in line before 7 is pretty safe.

I have my tickets I got in the mail, I assume those ARE my badges, and I don't have to trade them in?
    Those are your badges for the weekend. At the door, you will receive a lanyard to put the badges in as well as the Expo guidebook.

i sure hope they have a humane system and give out wristbands at some early time to those waiting, so you know you have a seat, and can then go from there.
    No wristbands, but there is a StagePass system. Essentially, you go to the distribution area to get a ticket for a presentation in the smaller stages. More info can be found on the Expo website.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    It really just depends how early you want to get there. Considering that the Arena queue opens at 8am, I would suggest to be in line by 7am. The queue system they are using this year is very different from previous years, so nobody really knows for sure. But I think being in line before 7 is pretty safe.

Those are your badges for the weekend. At the door, you will receive a lanyard to put the badges in as well as the Expo guidebook.

No wristbands, but there is a StagePass system. Essentially, you go to the distribution area to get a ticket for a presentation in the smaller stages. More info can be found on the Expo website.
    OK, 7 is about what I was thinking. As for wristbands, I was meaning for those in line, to keep tons of people from showing up last minute to a place holder.

one more thing. No signs are up yet, but I'm assuming the entrance will be the main one on Katella?

jason

• Minion

OK, 7 is about what I was thinking. As for wristbands, I was meaning for those in line, to keep tons of people from showing up last minute to a place holder.
    Nope, no wristbands. They have been replaced with the StagePass system.

one more thing. No signs are up yet, but I'm assuming the entrance will be the main one on Katella?
    The main entrance of the Convention Center is actually closer to the Hilton than anything. On the map, it is labeled "Lobby." So you can get there off Katella, but also West and Harbor.

• The Disneyland Bro

Oy...how bad of lines should we expect? I would have guessed 2 hours at the worst (this is my first D23 Expo, btw) - how much earlier in advance can you start lining up for stuff?

Sounds like I need to get there early. At least at won't be as bad as the George Lucas panel at Celebration V in Orlando. The line started at 8 PM the night before...

5AM. Today was worse than 2011 in many ways - especially getting into the Expo itself. I will never do another D23 Expo, Today wasn't sold out and it was a bit crazy. Can't imagine tomorrow with the additional Star Wars and Marvel folks. Good luck.

Correction: just saw on the Expo site today sold out. Hope you like crowds tomorrow!
    Last edited by FenderP; 08-09-2013 at 03:07 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^how was it worst? I went the last two Expo's and the first time was great but last year the line was horrible

is the system even worst?

Well I have never been to D23 before but it took them forever to get D23 members into the general area. I arrived around 7:45 and did not get in until around 9:45.

I also talked to people in line who told me that when they arrived at 6 am there were already around 1000 people lined up for that first event. Needless to say it's going to be an early morning tomorrow.

What time does the parking at the Convention Center open? I liked the lot that lets out right where you line up for the Arena in the morning.
    Last edited by FlynnLives; 08-09-2013 at 06:34 PM.

• Disney Trivia Queen

Parking lot opens at 4. When it says on the site that they will not allow people to line up before 5am assume that's when you should get there. For the last convention that's what time we got in line and were about in the same places we were this year getting there at 5. I don't like the stage pass system but I don't think this year is worse as far as lines and crowds.