Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Let the adventures begin. Live action at the Walt Disney studios

The live action film presentation was probably one of the most difficult presentations to procure a seat for. Guests lined up at the wee hours of the morning outside on Harbor to attempt to get a seat.

Visions of crazy previews danced in everyone's heads. What would we see previews of? Certainly we could count on a ton of "Saving Mr. Banks material but what after that? Marvel? Disney Nature? A sequel to the Lone Ranger?

If you were one of the lucky few to get in you eagerly awaited the start of the show. The house lights dimmed and we were treated to a sizzle reel featuring Maleficent, Saving Mr. Banks, Avengers, Star Wars and more. The beginning always promises a grand entertainment and revelatory journey. But did the presentation live up to our expectations?
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 08-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Re: Let the adventures begin. Live action at the Walt Disney studios

Alan horn calls Disney the"greatest company on Earth". It is certainly one of them. The company grew under Bob iger beginning with the acquisition of Pixar. Then in 2009 the company acquired Marvel. Then Last year they got lucasfilm. All of these were brilliant acquisitions but what would Disney do with them?

Alan Horn explained that while all of them approach movie making differently, quality and storytelling are what they all find most important. This was encouraging to hear.

Alan welcomes lucasfilm to the Disney family officially to loud cheers from the crowd. But little else was shared of the upcoming Star Wars films aside from a release date of July 2015.
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 08-10-2013 at 12:36 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Now on to Marvel. President of marvel studios enters the stage and announces Thor The Dark World. And now n e tended scene from the movie. Thor lands on a battlefield and begins helping a fellow immortal in battle. He is then faced with a large stone monster that he promply destroys with his hammer. ok, expected.

Natalie Portman and Anthony Hopkins appeared on stage to introduce the next clip and the crowd cheered.
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 08-10-2013 at 12:49 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

The cast of Thor: the dark world including Natalie portman and Anthony Hopkins arrive onstage to a standing ovation and we see an extended clip of the new film

Next up is a look at captain America: the winter soldier. Big. Loud. Entertaining. Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, and Anthony Matthews chatted next about finishing the film. The. Of course we got to see one more rough cut clip

Finally we see a rather awful clip from 2015 guardians of the galaxy. Not bad

Now on to Disney nature

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Disney Nature was but a blip on the radar as Alan Horn briefly announced a new Bear film and shared the trailer. Nothing major here.

But speaking of bears the went straight on to the new Muppets Most Wanted. The new Muppet film will feature Ricky Gervais, Ty Burell and Tina Fey along with a host of other cameos. A caper film, it's the story of a mastermind thief, who looks exactly like Kermit aside from a well-placed mole, that is intent on stealing the crown jewels of England.
    The clips that we saw, along with an extended musical number with Gervais, was wonderful and seems to keep the tone and energy of the original film intact.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Well, I think that the one thing that I am most happy about is what they did NOT announce. Not Jerry Bruckheimer productions were announced during the presentation in the arena. Instead we were treated to the Muppets, Star Wars, some quality Marvel movies and promising prestige pictures like Saving Mr. Banks and Maleficent. Let's hope that most of these films are good.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Infinitized!

No Tron 3 or Black Hole remake news?

Nothing about Pirates 5?
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

• Minion

What was the news about Into the Woods?

• No Disassemble!

How was the Angelina Jolie surprise appearance?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Yeah, I want to hear about Angelina Jolie, too! And how was the clip of Maleficent? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    No Tron 3 or Black Hole remake news?
    I've said it before and will repeat it here: The Black Hole could be a good Opera. A Shakespearian storyline, big, bold characters, life or death conflict between Good & Evil, scenes out of Heaven & Hell, and
    Spoiler
    (nearly) everyone dies at the end.
    Last edited by Freddie Freelance; 08-11-2013 at 05:50 PM. Reason: add spoiler

• I'm from Canada eh!

GREAT news about the Muppets.

• The Disneyland Bro

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    What was the news about Into the Woods?
    Casting was Meryl Streep as the Witch (bleaaaghh), Johnny Depp as the Wolf, also with Anna Kendrick and other stars (but I don't recall their roles being announced).

Not sure if it was news or just reminding us what we already know, but it will come out around the holidays in 2014 (so just a little over a year from now), and it will be a musical comedy... HOPING that is just their marketing ploy, because if you're familiar with Into the Woods, it is not a comedy at all. It has comedic moments but it's really dark, tragic, and pretty heavy. Though Sondheim wouldn't have signed off the rights to it if it didn't match the vision he wanted so maybe we shouldn't worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by monorail91 View Post
    Casting was Meryl Streep as the Witch (bleaaaghh), Johnny Depp as the Wolf, also with Anna Kendrick and other stars (but I don't recall their roles being announced).

Not sure if it was news or just reminding us what we already know, but it will come out around the holidays in 2014 (so just a little over a year from now), and it will be a musical comedy... HOPING that is just their marketing ploy, because if you're familiar with Into the Woods, it is not a comedy at all. It has comedic moments but it's really dark, tragic, and pretty heavy. Though Sondheim wouldn't have signed off the rights to it if it didn't match the vision he wanted so maybe we shouldn't worry too much.
    Thank You, When I heard The Hilarious Comedy" Into The Woods "I nearly fell out of my chair. Its Sondheim..Sondheim hasn't been hilarious since "Forum". And why not cast Bernadette Peters in the role she created. I don't understand Hollywood
    " Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed"
    G.K Chesterson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast