Updates from the Once Upon a Time Panel!

Hi everyone! So sorry for the confusion. I accidentally turned this post into one about the Legends Ceremony, but I will be updating this to be all about Once Upon a Time! There is so much news!

(Jump to post number 6 below for the full story)
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-13-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Re: Review of "ABC's Once Upon a Time: Behind the Fairytale"

The panel has just begun!
    Last edited by SarahSnitch; 08-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

What happened with Once Upon a Time?

I guess we will find out....

ONCE UPON A TIME!

Hollywood Gift Collections
    www.startowngifts.com

• Avid MC reader since 2005

So, no news then? I was looking forward to hearing something about the show.

The panel, hosted by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, started with a 20-minute sneak peek of the upcoming ABC television show, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland - which is produced by the creators of the hit show with a similar name, Once Upon a Time. The clip was a mashup flashing between current day Alice and the time she spent in Wonderland. Alice seems to be in an insane asylum where doctors are talking to her and insinuate that they she is making up these stories about Wonderland. The clip flashes to actual Wonderland where we are shown what we believe to be Alice's boyfriend, who is the genie from Aladdin. He appears to be killed - an event that pushes her over the edge (i.e. into insanity). At the end of the preview, a new character, the knave, comes to Alice and says her genie isn't dead. This is where the story will start from!

The producers stated that there will be plenty of homages / references to Disney’s cartoon Alice in this new tv show. They also said that the knave of hearts has a surprising background. This could mean it's someone we already know from Once Upon a Time, or perhaps a new Disney character. Who knows!?

After the sneak peek, the panel moved on to the popular Once Upon a Time, which is about to start its 3rd season. The season premiere will feature Felix, a lost boy, and Rumplestilskin talking about getting Henry back.

The first five episodes of the next season will focus on how Hook became a pirate. Three cheers for more Hook! Am I right?

Tinkerbell and Prince Eric (and of course Ariel), will DEFINITELY be in the next season! There was heavy hinting that Ursula will be featured too and that she may be someone we already know! Kitsis and Horowitz said they would love to put Tiana and Rapunzel in at some point.

There will be no main characters from OUAT in OUATIW, but Cinderella and Grumpy will be in the pilot episode. I'm excited for this because we haven't seen Cinderella in a while!

It was stated that the creators would like to explore more lands (as they have been doing with Wonderland and Neverland in seasons 1 & 2). They said they would like to explore Oz at some point!

It was clearly pointed out that there may not be a Mad Hatter in OUATIW, most likely because the actor that plays Jefferson is busy doing thew new Captain America movie. Poor Jefferson!

This was a very informative panel where the fan questions provided us with the most new info! If you have been loving OUAT, you will probably really enjoy OUATIW, which will feature a few old characters, LOTS of new characters, and even more Disney favorites (some that aren't even exclusive to the classic Alice tale!). Feel free to post your reactions and thoughts!
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Just wanted to point out.. these are not "Disney" Characters. Although Disney did do adaptations of a lot of the folks we have met so far.. these characters all have very long histories prior to those adaptations.

• I'm wishing

Thanks for the update, Sarah! I wanted to see that panel, but there was always way too much to do and not enough time to be everywhere!

I'll be looking forward to both shows premiering soon!