• Minion

20th Anniversary Hocus Pocus Event

Anyone else going to this? Bought my tickets and wondering what cast/crew will be there!

Available Exclusively to Gold and Silver Members

You will be required to show your D23 membership card.
    Overview
    Tickets
    Details
    D23 celebrates 20 spellbinding years of Hocus Pocus with a screening of the film and Q&A with members of the cast and crew. $25 per person.
    Tickets for 5 p.m. show
    Available Now ►
    Tickets for 2 p.m. show are sold out.
    To be announced.
    “I put a spell on you…”
    Prepare for a day of magic and mayhem as D23 celebrates the 20th anniversary of the wicked comedy Hocus Pocus. The festivities kick off with a screening of the movie, which stars Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy as a trio of witches accidentally brought back to life on Halloween and determined to steal the life essence from the town’s children so they can have immortal life.

Following the screening, guests will enjoy a Q&A with members of the cast and crew, who after 20 years are returning to the Lot where they filmed many scenes for the movie. After the Q&A, guests will have the opportunity to meet select members from the panel for autographs as well as an exclusive shopping experience with limited edition Hocus Pocus merchandise. Participating cast and crew will be announced at a later date.

We look forward to seeing you for some bubble, bubble, toil, and trouble!

NOTE: Available only to D23 Gold and Silver Members in good standing. Members may reserve a ticket for themselves and one (1) guest. There are a limited number of tickets available. D23 Members will be required to provide their membership number when reserving tickets. Tickets may be picked up only with a valid photo ID AND D23 MEMBERSHIP CARD. D23 Members who do not bring their membership card may not be admitted to the event. Ticketed Members who do not attend the event forfeit their place as well as all experiences, benefits, and gifts associated with the event. If you wish to request sign language interpreting services for this event, please submit your request to [email protected] at least two weeks prior to the event date. All D23 Special Events are subject to change without notice. There are no cancellations or refunds, and tickets are not transferable.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Re: 20th Anniversary Hocus Pocus Event

Hey guys! My partner and I had a wonderful time at this event this weekend. This was my first D23 event and I became a member just so I can go to it! Hocus Pocus is the very first film I ever saw in theaters as a kid. The movie itself holds a very special place in my heart and I find that I can watch it anytime throughout the year and just get in the Halloween spirit.

The event had two showings, one at 2:00 PM & 5:00 PM. We were able to get tickets to the 5PM showing and arrived at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank at 3:30 PM. The check-in was very simple and easy, we received a program, two Hocus Pocus pins (retail for $20 each) and some candy. I was very surprised to receive a pin for myself and my guest and these retailed for $20 in the store and our tickets alone to the event were $25/each. Not bad in my opinion!

After receiving our program/pins we were then led to the Hyperion Room where we could see actual movie props and then able to purchase some Hocus Pocus merchandise. I was very surprised by the lack of Merchandise, one LE Poster, movie poster, Hocus Pocus Pin (that we already received), the movie itself and soundtrack. I would have loved for a T-shirt! We bought the LE poster that later would bend at the hands of TSA on the way home and we bought the soundtrack because John Debney was there to sign!

We waited for the first showing to be released and were able to walk around and see some of the studios, which is always a fun experience! After the first showing was released, Thora Birch (Dani), Vinessa Shaw (Allison), Omri Katz (Max) and Doug Jones (Billy the zombie) came out for photos and autographs. We were then led into the showing and before the movie they had a panel of cast & crew talking about the movie. I was so happy to see Kathy Najimy there, such a delight to see her in person!

It was amazing to see the movie on the big screen again, and I thought the event was well worth the $25/person price tag. I took some photos at the event and would love to share those with you. Enjoy!

Jeff Wayne

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing! Love, love, LOVE that movie! I can only imagine how great it was to watch it there.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Can you post a picture of the pin and any other gifts you got?

• Minion

Jeff Wayne