Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So furious!!!!!

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Angry So furious!!!!!

I signed on at exactly 10am this morning so that I could purchase 2 VIP Sorcerer Package tickets for the D23 expo, and it said they were sold out! How could they already be sold out at the exact moment they went on sale?!?! I am so incredibly pissed off. I put myself down for the wait list since that's my only option. But I don't want to be on a wait list, I want the tickets! I called in, e-mailed in...but haven't got a response from anyone yet. Ugh, this whole experience is so aggravating!

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Re: So furious!!!!!

Has happened to me also. Seems a lot depends on where you are in the county and how you info is routed to their computer. Those seconds count. Anyway just relax a little and buy general tickets. You still get to see everything and that $2000 will buy a lot collectables to bring home.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    Has happened to me also. Seems a lot depends on where you are in the county and how you info is routed to their computer. Those seconds count. Anyway just relax a little and buy general tickets. You still get to see everything and that $2000 will buy a lot collectables to bring home.
    I'm sorry this happened to you all

I was able to get a Sorcerer's Ticket, but they sold out MUCH quicker than in 2013. This year these tickets were gone in literally 10-20 seconds. I couldn't believe it. I just got very lucky I guess. In 2013 it seemed the tickets were still for sale for about 5-10 minutes in.

My guess is that they have raised the price on the tickets but also decided to lower the amount of people in the group. In 2013 there were 300 of us and it was just too many. They may have cut it down to 150 (or who knows, maybe even lower!) and that is why the tickets were gone in a heartbeat.

Again, I feel really badly. I remember missing out on tickets for a few D23 events. The "Disneyland Off The Map" event where you got to go in Walt's Apartment, The Dream Suite, and Club 33 I missed out on and it sold in SECONDS. I was furious! I emailed and everything. The most you can ask is just to be put on the waitlist.

Ethan

Sadly same luck for me, I moved a small mountain at work to push back an important meeting 15 minutes, still came out wait listed at 10:00.

I was hoping to snag Sorcerer tickets to make them the cherry on top of my "Surprise Super Anniversary Disney Vacation" I've been planning for my partner, though I'm sure she'll love it just as much with normal passes.

I'm hoping they soft capped the tickets with 80-85% available on the site and kept the rest to add through waitlist, and just hope I got near the top, gotta dream right!

Edit: To add I did email the D23 ticket people to ask about the wait list, their response was as expected: there were an extremely limited number of Sorcerer tickets, if more become available, the waitlist will be notified. Here's hoping for if!
    Last edited by silvanoshei; 08-14-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Sorcerer tickets were gone so fast. D23 must have cut the number way back. Best guesstimate is going to noticeably less than 120 tickets total.

Quote Originally Posted by Infin B Yond View Post
    Sorcerer tickets were gone so fast. D23 must have cut the number way back. Best guesstimate is going to noticeably less than 120 tickets total.
    My guess is that they cut it in half... from 300 down to 150.

It was supposed to be 200 in at the 2013 Expo but it went up to 300 when they starting all the waitlist people on. I don't think they are going to make that mistake again.

The fact that they supposedly sold out in less than 3 minutes is RIDICULOUS. If they're that limited then they NEED to allow for more. If I along with others on here could not get tickets when we signed in right at 10am that is completely unfair, and to be honest it's totally b*llsh*t. I am still super pissed off about this. I wanted/want Sorcerer tickets SO BADLY I'm going out of my head.

• Selfie Expert

If I were paying that much for tickets, I wouldn't want it to be something that was over-crowded. It's unfortunate and frustrating that you missed out, but to demand that they increase the number (and based on previous reports, cause a decline in the experience by offering too many spots) isn't the best solution. By increasing the price, they tried to offset demand. I know it's still a bummer.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo Mouse View Post
    The fact that they supposedly sold out in less than 3 minutes is RIDICULOUS. If they're that limited then they NEED to allow for more. If I along with others on here could not get tickets when we signed in right at 10am that is completely unfair, and to be honest it's totally b*llsh*t. I am still super pissed off about this. I wanted/want Sorcerer tickets SO BADLY I'm going out of my head.
    Unfair, b*llsh*t, super pissed off, going out of my head? Really?

Wow! I can totally understand frustration, disappointment, sadness. Hopefully after a few days you will calm down some.

Life's too short and life isn't always fair. Take care.

So sorry you weren't able to buy your tickets. This is exactly the reason I discontinued my D23 membership. The few events they offered seemed to be last minute (making it hard to arrange to attend) and/or sold out within minutes. After two years of that nonsense, I gave up on them.

^Yeah my language was pretty strong Roger, I apologize if it made you feel uncomfortable. I'm just incredibly aggravated with the whole situation. I've wanted to have Sorcerer Package tickets for each expo I went to/will go to, and the way this one went down with them being unavailable when I made a point to be it at exactly 10am just infuriates me.

M.M. I think that you're missing the point of the Sorcerer Ticket. It's a ultra special reward for D23 (paying) Members. Could you imagine such a thing @ Comic Con In San Diego. They sell out of multi-day quickly (much, much quicker then D23, and at several times a larger larger number of tickets available), now a "Sorcerer" ticket for Comic Con would be available for how long on opening day of sales? Too many people think that that ticket is something other than a Disney Dream Experience that you can purchase if you're lucky enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Infin B Yond View Post
    M.M. I think that you're missing the point of the Sorcerer Ticket. It's a ultra special reward for D23 (paying) Members. Could you imagine such a thing @ Comic Con In San Diego. They sell out of multi-day quickly (much, much quicker then D23, and at several times a larger larger number of tickets available), now a "Sorcerer" ticket for Comic Con would be available for how long on opening day of sales? Too many people think that that ticket is something other than a Disney Dream Experience that you can purchase if you're lucky enough.
    I understand exactly what a Sorcerer Ticket is all about. I've been a ("paying") D23 Gold Member since the beginning, and have been to the expos and many other D23 events. First of all, comparing this situation to Comic-Con is unuseful because this is Disney and the dynamics of a Disney event, let alone one that only happens every two years, are different from the Comic-Con phenomenon (to fully explain it would be a whole other conversation). Second, I fully understand the nature of Disney dream experiences, like being able to dine at Club 33, or spending a night in the Dream Suite at Disneyland or Magic Kingdom. But to me, and maybe this is just me, "extremely limited number of tickets" doesn't equate to "if you sign in at the exact moment tickets go on sale you still won't be able to get tickets." That's the part that drives me nuts.

In all honestly this sounds like a temper tantrum. I get that you really wanted to do this. I would want to do this If I had that kind of money too. Its just part of life. offering more tickets would take away from the significance that the sorcerer ticket offers, I mean to be able to say i was one of only 150 or 300 people at a D23 event to have that ticket is pretty special not count all the other perks. I think the comiccon argument is relavent here its very similar, even if its not a disney even. It about a huge amount of people all wanting the same ticket and selling out too fast. Someone has to be left out, if you got the ticket then someone else would now be in your shoes, would you want that on someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by ducktales View Post
    In all honestly this sounds like a temper tantrum. I get that you really wanted to do this. I would want to do this If I had that kind of money too. Its just part of life. offering more tickets would take away from the significance that the sorcerer ticket offers, I mean to be able to say i was one of only 150 or 300 people at a D23 event to have that ticket is pretty special not count all the other perks. I think the comiccon argument is relavent here its very similar, even if its not a disney even. It about a huge amount of people all wanting the same ticket and selling out too fast. Someone has to be left out, if you got the ticket then someone else would now be in your shoes, would you want that on someone else.
    Oh I admit I had a tantrum over it, I'm totally an emotional person, especially when it comes to the things that are most special to me. But maybe too I'm just the only one voicing my frustration on MiceChat, as I know multiple other people are are as pissed off as I am about they way it all went down, they're just not on online forums.

Also, offering more tickets DOESN'T take away the significance of the VIP experience. Just because there are more people who are able to experience the same cool thing as you, does that make you think all the incredible perks, swag, VIP treatment you're getting are less special? If you won $1 million, and then someone else won $1 million dollars, would you really be upset that you were no longer the only winner? Why not have more people be able to experience the joy? Ducktales you asked if I "would want that on someone else" if I got a ticket and someone else didn't. NO. I want MORE people to be able to take part in this special thing. Obviously they can't increase the number from whatever it is 150 or 300 to like 10,000. I get that. But making the process more fair would be a great start. Perhaps simply stating that there will be a drawing of all the people who signed in within the first five minutes who wanted Sorcerer package tickets. When tons of people sign in at exactly at 10am (even moving business meetings and such to do so, as some above have mentioned) knowing that they're doing everything humanly possible to be ahead of others purchasing tickets...then to be immediately told that there are no tickets left at 10am, well that's just insane. Let the consumer know in advance what the situation will be and help prevent the great frustration that people like me and many others experience. Does that make sense?

They increased the price from $1000 to $1500 last time, and now to $2000. That already weeds out a lot of people. I saved up for a LONG time to be able to afford tickets for my mother and I and if this were not a super special thing for us believe me I wouldn't be as upset.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast