• That's Hawt

What Is Disney Vacation Club????

Ok, for those of you who don't know I work at a hotel in the Lake Tahoe area. I was just informed today that we are booking reservations for the Disney Vacations Club ... so, my question is ... What is the DVC???
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I think it is a timeshare? But I am not totally certain about that- the properties are in Florida, right?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• That's Hawt

Obviously not all of the properties are in Florida ... im in California!
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    well, you posted earlier that you had access to properties all over the place, so I just assumed that you weren't limited to booking vacations in california- silly me

I hadn't heard that DVC had moved to the west coast- last I heard their plans to purchase a property in California had changed and the Radisson bought it- obviously I was mistaken. But again, I am pretty sure it is a timeshare.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• That's Hawt

Well, our management company has properties all over the country but I personally only work at one hotel. I think it is interesting ... and I think it's a great idea for our property ... I was just wondering exactally what it is ... but the thing that is interesting is that we aren't owned by Disney in any way ... so I don't know how it works other than an agent from Disney calls us...

DVC is a time share. DVC has resorts in Vero Beach, Florida; Hilton Head, South Carolina; and at Disney World. There are no resorts in California at this time and DVC is not revealing any firm plans for a DVC resort in California in the near future.

• Minion

As for California, I have no idea where Disney could build timeshares unless the bought someone out and that's not going to happen. Marriott has timeshares either on or nearby the proposed site in Newport Beach. Back in college, I do know that Disney was thinking about developing a timeshare resort and even had some plans drawn up but it never materialized past that. I think that many residents protested the plan. In all honesty, I don't blame them.

• That's Hawt

I am a reservations agent ... and I just got the memo that we would be booking Disney Vacation Club ... it tells us that an agent from DVC will call us, no guests can call and book ...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    As for California, I have no idea where Disney could build timeshares unless the bought someone out and that's not going to happen. Marriott has timeshares either on or nearby the proposed site in Newport Beach. Back in college, I do know that Disney was thinking about developing a timeshare resort and even had some plans drawn up but it never materialized past that. I think that many residents protested the plan. In all honesty, I don't blame them.

They backed out and Marriott picked up where disney left off....

Disney has been rumors to be planning some in CA for a while.... maybe some near DL...

• That's Hawt

Well, I can guarantee you this is not a rumor ... I have the paperwork right in front of me ....

• That's Hawt

Ok, well I was looking at the DVC web page and I think we may be a part of either their World Passport Collection or Concierge Collection ...

• Minion

I can't wait to try out the Resort at Squaw Creek - it looks beautiful. According to the DVC info, members can't book until November 24 of this year there. It's listed as part of their Concierge Collection.

DVC works like this: You have your DVC "Home" Resort where you can book 11 months out (that resort is the one you have your point contract with) - you have priority over those members that don't have points at your "home" resort. Then you have the "other" DVC Resorts in case you want to try a different one (for variety, location, available activities, etc) - those ones you can book 7 months out. The DVC Resorts are Boardwalk, Old Key West, Beach Club, Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head. In case you want to go outside the DVC Resorts, you have your other choices like the Disney Collection (Disney Cruise Line); World Passport Collection (through Interval International); Concierge Collection (like Lake Tahoe, Washington D.C., New York, Hawaii - quite a few really nice options); and the Adventurer Collection (Holland America Line cruises, African safaris, Italy biking tours, Costa Rica Eco-trip, Martha's Vineyard experience, etc.). You use your points for those ones also.

Another California resort that has just been added that looks really nice is the Monterey Plaza.

Anyway, if you're curious as to the number of points per night to stay at the Lake Tahoe Squaw Creek, it's as follows:

Nov. 24 - Dec. 15 -----------31 Forest View
    -----------------------------38 Valley View
    Dec. 16 - Dec. 31 -----------69 Forest View
    -----------------------------76 Valley View

(Just to compare point-wise to a DVC Resort, let's use a Boardwalk Studio as an example because I imagine the Squaw Creek rooms are typical hotel-type rooms - not the 1-, 2-, or 3-bedroom villas that are available in a DVC Resort):

November 26-30 ------------Sun-Thu-----12 9 (Standard View)
    -----------------------------Fri-Sat------23 21 (Preferred View)

December 1-14 ------------Sun-Thu -----12 9 (Standard View)
    -----------------------------Fri-Sat ------22 20 (Preferred View)

December 15-23 ------------Sun-Thu-----12 9 (Standard View)
    -----------------------------Fri-Sat------23 21 (Preferred View)

Just an example for those who may be interested in DVC.
    Last edited by Trish; 06-12-2005 at 07:51 PM.