Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Avanzino Shadowboxes - Future Wish Lists

It's my understanding there will be 2, one for Halloween and one for Xmas. Woot!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Banned User

Holy cow! There goes my Europe budget! haha!

Hey there collector friends!
    Thanks for saying such nice things about my shadowboxes. I'm always glad to hear that people like them and are looking forward to more of them. I too hope that someday they will re-release the lands pieces. I have brought that up and will continue to pitch it.

As far as my other pieces go here's what I can confirm. We have had to move production of them to new facility so there will be a break of several months in getting some of the ones already sold back in the stores. They include:
    1. Haunted Mansion
    2. Tiki Room
    3. Tinker Bell
    4. Pirates of the Caribbean
    5. Disneyland

In addition, the HalloweenTime version of the Disneyland shadowbox is being produced and I think that there will be a certain number of them available this season but I cannot guarantee that. If not it will be available next year. This was due to the changing of the factory. The Christmas version will not be for sale until 2009 since that one was not even begun before the previous factory shut down.

As far as future pieces go I am still in the development/approval phase for the Jungle Cruise box and that is the only new one I am currently working on.

Thanks again for your interest and I will be sure to let you know if anything new develops.

Sincerely,
    Dave Avanzino

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Dave:

Thank you SO much for the update. Thanks for pitching the re-releases to Disney--hopefully they'll listen It is great to know what's going on. Your work is incredible!

Best wishes in everything, and I'm excited to see the 3 new boxes (JC, Halloween & Cmas)!

•   

can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!! I suppose this lull allows time for some backtracking of pieces missed. (trying to see my glass half full here!!)

• Banned User

Is the Haunted Mansion Shadowbox still available for purchase?

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Is the Haunted Mansion Shadowbox still available for purchase?
    From the artist's post above it could mean that it is out of stock for a few months while the facility issues are resolved. If you or a friend are near Disneyland and could stop in, that might be easiest/quickest/cheapest. If you aren't near the park, Disneyland DelivEARs is probably best: 1-800-362-4533. If they have it in their system, they'll pull one for you and send it off, with a shipping charge of course. I don't see any on ebay right now, so Disneyland may be out. Good luck--it's worth tracking down if you can!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by davanzino View Post
    Hey there collector friends!
    Thanks for saying such nice things about my shadowboxes. I'm always glad to hear that people like them and are looking forward to more of them. I too hope that someday they will re-release the lands pieces. I have brought that up and will continue to pitch it.

As far as my other pieces go here's what I can confirm. We have had to move production of them to new facility so there will be a break of several months in getting some of the ones already sold back in the stores. They include:
    1. Haunted Mansion
    2. Tiki Room
    3. Tinker Bell
    4. Pirates of the Caribbean
    5. Disneyland

In addition, the HalloweenTime version of the Disneyland shadowbox is being produced and I think that there will be a certain number of them available this season but I cannot guarantee that. If not it will be available next year. This was due to the changing of the factory. The Christmas version will not be for sale until 2009 since that one was not even begun before the previous factory shut down.

As far as future pieces go I am still in the development/approval phase for the Jungle Cruise box and that is the only new one I am currently working on.

Thanks again for your interest and I will be sure to let you know if anything new develops.

Sincerely,
    Dave Avanzino
    Thanks for keeping us up to date. I really love the work you do and I sincerely hope Disney listens to you, and the collectors and decides to re-release the lands series!

As for the delay in the Halloween and Christmas versions...well, I'm kind of relieved that I'll have time to save up money for both, LOL! Although I will attempt to get the Halloween one if it's released this year.

• Banned User

I need to get Tinkerbell. I know they still have it and I just need to bite the bullet. It's so darn cute!

I am WAY excited for Jungle Cruise!!!

Smile Re: Avanzino Shadowboxes - Future Wish Lists

Does anybody know when the Disneyland Halloween box is going to be realeased. I called deliverears twice and they keep saying that they dont have it. any help would be greatly apprechiated!!

•   

Keep trying...someone's already selling them on the secondary market, so Delivears must just be outta stock.

Smile Re: Avanzino Shadowboxes - Future Wish Lists

If delivears is out of stock then that means that Disneyland and DCA is out of stock because thats were they pull there merchandise form if I am correct. I wonder if they will get more in stock soon or if they will wait closer to Halloween to get them.

Sad Re: Avanzino Shadowboxes - Future Wish Lists

Just wanted to let every one know that when I called delivears today that they said they werent expecting the hallowen boxes in until end of september.

Hi Again. I believe that my Disneyland Halloween Icon Letter Shadowbox is now for sale at the Disneyland Resort. I'm not sure if you can get it through DelivEars yet but I know that people have bought them at the park already.

Dave Avanzino

• Banned User

They are on Ebay already, which is frustrating to those of us who would like to buy from the park!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast