• Still lost in Neverland

Angry Gentle Giant Screws customers

OK, so there were "exclusive figures" from Gentle Giant at the San Diego Con. I couldn't go. Then on this past Thursday I get an email from Gentle Giant that the so called exclusive figures are now on sale to the premium club members but that on Saturday August 2nd, that's today, they would to on sale to the general public. Well if you follow the link provided in the email, they go to a error page that the link is outdated. On that page is a link to their blog. They have the same thing posted there with links. The links there also go to a dead end but there is a place to make comments. I was not alone. There are 54 so far of ticked off club members and fans about this. Most of them are avid Star Wars fans who wanted certain exclusives and they are the ones that are really mad. Me, I just wanted the Fred and George Weasley busts. A couple of others mentioned them as well.

No one is at Gentle Giant today so nothing is being done about it. People are furious with them. Even the phone number posted on their site is wrong. I went to E-Bay and did a search for the Fred and George Weasley busts and found one guy who had them up for $5.00 more that GG was asking, so I got them. Paid by Pay Pal instantly and it's done.

Added my two cents to the blog comments and told them they were losers. They are going to lose a lot of fans and club members over this. A horrible way to run a business and a horrible way to treat fans and customers.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• we jumped out a window

Re: Gentle Giant Screws customers

I've stopped collecting GG's products but I see very little has changed about them. They're still very much the moneygrubbers that they are.

At the Star Wars Celebration IV event last year, I had done some online preorders for some of their exclusives. All I had to do was pick them up and it was supposed to be a painless process. Well, just finding the line for preorders was a task in and of itself. (The line to purchase was extremely long). Plus it took much longer to process preorders than it should. On top of that, many collectors (not including me, fortunately) were not able to pick up their preordered items because they were "sold out already". Maybe I'm expecting too much but when something is "preordered", it should be set aside and not sold to other people.

• Circle of Ancients

I've heard nothing but bad things about GG's customer service and web troubles. A LOT of people don't collect from them anymore. Which is probably why, even for some VERY sought after items, you only had 54 people looking for them.

Sorry you had the issues, but glad you got what you wanted. $5 over the list price isn't bad at all. Take some pics and share them when you get them.

• Still lost in Neverland

I bought one on Ebay for $5 more than what GG was asking. It arrived today in the box and in perfect shape. So I am happy. At least I got them. Now I have to find the right place to showcase the Twins in the Harry Potter display room.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples