• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Sleeping Beauty Castle Miniature?

Does anybody have any information about the sleeping beauty castle miniature by olszewski when it comes to sales and availability?

I checked if the Disney store in downtown disney near disneyland had any in stock and they were all out. So i'm wondering if anyone knows when they do get in stock, or if they are even making more of these miniature castles.

I got my cinderella castle through the phone and i was extremely lucky, as they said that we got the last one for the rest of the year (gasp).

Yeah i felt sorry for all of the other peeps who would call later lol .

So any information about the availability of this castle is appreciated! Thanks!

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Miniature?

If you're having no luck w/ Disney direct, one or two are usually for sale on ebay.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• Distant Disneylandaholic

These are considered "Open Edition" rather than limited, so my guess would be they will continue to be available from time to time. You can try calling Disneyland DelivEARS at 1-800-362-4533 and ask them. I believe they can see stock from all over the resort (World of Disney, DL and DCA), and I've found they can often give you a feel for when a particular sculpture is due back in stock. I think the current retail on this is $295. There's currently a Buy It Now on ebay in the stores with an asking price of $349.99 if you want to pay a premium, and not get a 10% discount if you have an AP or a Disney VISA. Good luck! It's worth tracking down, and you should eventually be able to find one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Dr. G is correct. It's an open edition and should still be available on and off depending on their stock. But it hasn't been retired as far as I know.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Fantasmical!

It hasn't been retired... I saw one piece in one of the main street art gallery stores mid July, and you can also call World of Disney and order them.

You might also want to check Roberts site (there's a couple "official"ish ones so look for the one that's been updated last) to see when he may be doing a signing.

He will sometimes bring different older pieces to signings (non disney park signings) or shows and you could luck out and buy it directly from him and get it signed, or bring a piece to him you already bought and he will sign it. If you can get an e-mail to him he's an amazing guy and might actually bring a piece to a non-park signing just for you and sign it.

When they release new pieces he will usually go to a park and sign the new pieces (For the collectors, he actually signs first day pieces differently than he signs it any other day)

Also, be aware that Disney tries to get as many people through signings at a park as they can and they may not want him to sign other pieces you've brought with you. Robert doesn't like not being able to do this and is an amazing guy who loves to talk to each person if he can. If you're every lucky enough to see him somewhere else than a park he has some amazing stories about his background in miniatures and about each one of the pieces. He often travels with pieces he's working on which is fun to see. And if you ever get to talk with him you'll be amazed at his character as much as you are at his artistic talent, he's great with kids even if they're handling his current project piece. :O

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by srcrbrandon View Post
    It hasn't been retired... I saw one piece in one of the main street art gallery stores mid July, and you can also call World of Disney and order them.

You might also want to check Roberts site (there's a couple "official"ish ones so look for the one that's been updated last) to see when he may be doing a signing.

He will sometimes bring different older pieces to signings (non disney park signings) or shows and you could luck out and buy it directly from him and get it signed, or bring a piece to him you already bought and he will sign it. If you can get an e-mail to him he's an amazing guy and might actually bring a piece to a non-park signing just for you and sign it.

When they release new pieces he will usually go to a park and sign the new pieces (For the collectors, he actually signs first day pieces differently than he signs it any other day)

Also, be aware that Disney tries to get as many people through signings at a park as they can and they may not want him to sign other pieces you've brought with you. Robert doesn't like not being able to do this and is an amazing guy who loves to talk to each person if he can. If you're every lucky enough to see him somewhere else than a park he has some amazing stories about his background in miniatures and about each one of the pieces. He often travels with pieces he's working on which is fun to see. And if you ever get to talk with him you'll be amazed at his character as much as you are at his artistic talent, he's great with kids even if they're handling his current project piece. :O
    lol that sounds cool but really all i'm worried about is being able to get one lol i don't care really if it's signed or not and i don't care about the value either it's just so perty lolz.

Oh and also, i don't have an AP cause i really can't go THAT much (i'm 15) so yeah the only store i can cross my fingers on is the one in downtown disney. Wish me luck . We're going on my birthday XD.

Of all the pieces, I think this is the one you can count on them getting more of. Lots of people who wouldn't be interested in the entire collection would still be interested in buying just the Castle--plus the Castle could serve as the "hook" to people interested in buying other pieces. I've been to Disneyland about a dozen times over the past year and never seen it out of stock. I think you just ran into a rare sold-out spell. So, while it may take a little while to get it back in stock, you should be able to get it with little problem.

Good luck!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    lol that sounds cool but really all i'm worried about is being able to get one lol i don't care really if it's signed or not and i don't care about the value either it's just so perty lolz.

Oh and also, i don't have an AP cause i really can't go THAT much (i'm 15) so yeah the only store i can cross my fingers on is the one in downtown disney. Wish me luck . We're going on my birthday XD.

• Geoff London

Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

It's great to pint that out, but if the original poster is willing to wait and is able to go buy the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney, he should be able to get one without paying that eBay markup. That's something like $150 more than retail! Another option is DeliverEars (see number in other posts)--which would only end up being about $45 more than retail (but that includes shipping, so not a bad deal at all).