Hat Box Ghost Large Figure

Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase this figure? E-bay had one but the seller is essentially price gouging. If you know where there are any other cool Disney or just cool Halloween items that are for sale I would love to know where to find them. Thanks in advance!

Re: Hat Box Ghost Large Figure

I had this as one of my search items on ebay for the last year and they do come up for sale from time to time - I was able to snatch one a few months ago for around $300 when they normally sell for over $500 so keep looking!

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by moses1 View Post
    Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase this figure? E-bay had one but the seller is essentially price gouging. If you know where there are any other cool Disney or just cool Halloween items that are for sale I would love to know where to find them. Thanks in advance!
    Out of millions of items for sale on eBay... you found only one? Sounds like it's pretty rare! It's not "gouging" if someone will pay/has paid that amount. It's the market price for such a collectible... i.e. that's what it's worth! How much are they asking?

I have one... still in the box. And it's not for sale.
    --Jonathan

Rather arrogant and snobbish reply, you really did not need to post this. Hooray for you that you have one and are willing to rub it in.

• Banned User

Rather arrogant and snobbish reply, you really did not need to post this. Hooray for you that you have one and are willing to rub it in.
    I don't think so. I think he was telling you the way it is. If it's rare, people will pay a lot more for it. That's life.

Look I am looking for the figure, trying to do something very special for someone, I need people who can help me. Most on this site seem pretty cool. I can not pay $500 or more so it does not matter if over paying does not bother you. Please help me make someone happy, while I can.....

• Banned User

Look I am looking for the figure, trying to do something very special for someone, I need people who can help me. Most on this site seem pretty cool. I can not pay $500 or more so it does not matter if over paying does not bother you. Please help me make someone happy, while I can.....
    I don't have a Hatbox Ghost. If I had 2, I'd sell you one. I am sorry you can't do this, but, sadly the going rate for stuff that's no longer for sale is out of your price point. I wish I could help you out there. Good luck though, may you find what you seek for a better price.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, I will keep looking. The one on e-bay did not receive ANY bids at the inflated price so I know I am not the only one that thought it was out of line. Just the way that one response was written I would guess that is also the seller on ebay as they appear to share the same author. Not that any of that matters. Again thanks for the thoughtful reply.

• GO DBACKS!!

I have one. If I was going to offer it for bid on eBay I'd start it at $1000 because I love it that much. Maybe everyone else who has one feels the same. I don't consider that gouging, it's called a free market. An object is worth what someone will pay.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

Nobody bid on it at $500 so go ahead and list it at $1000. This is not why I started this discussion. Now can we get back to finding one at a fair price? I was hoping to make a last Halloween for someone special so please not more comments on free market, help me help someone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Just doing a quick search on ebay and other disney collecting sites yielded no results. I think unfortunately this is going to be a rather hard to find collectible. Perhaps for the Mansion's 40th there will be more HBG merch available? It's coming soon (Sept 9) so I think your best bet would be keep checking ebay until then, and hopefully some open edition HBG merch will be around for you.

Hope this helps.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Have you tried calling Disney's DelivEARS at 800-362-4533? They can help you with the purchase of items carried in any of the parks. It is possible that one of their locations still has one in stock. It is worth a shot.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Thanks Dusty and Yoyo for addressing my question. I have spoken to Deliverears, no luck. That is a good suggestion about the 40th. I will certainly watch out for that. I have alerts set up on ebay and a couple of other places so that is covered too..... Thanks again, now your the kind of people I hoped to find at this site.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

It could be taken as "arrogant" that you come in here and post for the first time expecting someone to deliver a highly coveted collectible to you for dirt cheap. Maybe it was the use of the word "gouging" that I took offense to. That and your continual insistence that the actual market value is not a "fair" price.

BTW, what I did not do in my OP was use words like "arrogant" and "snobbish" to describe your post because that could be construed by some as a personal insult, and that would be against MC rules.

I hope that you find what you are looking for, but I don't know why you expect to get it for less than what it's worth.

As for current availability, I believe this piece has been retired for a long time. One of the reasons that this piece is so rare is because it is extremely fragile. Two boxes of this piece that I received had the head broken off. The neck is very thin and the resin used is very brittle. I think this also contributed to the reason why they stopped production on this piece, they had too many returns.

Seriously, your best bet for a bargain like that is a continual search of eBay. Occasionally sellers place stuff for sale with BIN and have no idea what they're worth. The chances are slim but it is possible. And definitely buy insurance if it is being shipped!!

Good luck.
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 01-23-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    --Jonathan

The funny thing about this piece being so rare/expensive now is that it WAS dirt cheap back during it's production run. They didn't sell out at $175 and disneyshopping.com regularly had them on sale for less, finally moving it to the disneyoutlet.com website where it could be obtained for less than $100. Leftovers even made it to Disneyland in person to be sold to a wider audience...who woulda thought? I mean, I'm glad the value has increased but it's sort of ironic in retrospect...good luck to you!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails