Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast

• 'splosions

Re: Toy Collecting Chit-Chat thread.

you gonna give me something shiny Barbossa?

• mountains beyond mtns.

I just watched the first installment of GI Joe Resolute - frakkin' awesome!!!!

You can watch them on adult swim's site right now.

I'm anxious to hear what Coheteboy thinks of the first 2 installments (#3 is available for viewing on youtube as well but probably not for much longer) being that he's probably the biggest Joes fan among us.

I want every possible figure from the series now! Must recreate scene in briefing room with entire Joe roster!
    Last edited by brand42; 04-17-2009 at 11:19 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I liked it enough! Need to watch it when I'm not at work though so I can really pay attention.

Oh and... OMG OMG OMG

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900441

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    yeah, saw that in my email yesterday. Hope they make a Donald and Goofy one too. (they can just steal the design from Kingdom Hearts 2! )

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

oh that is AWESOME!!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'd love to start a thread for GI Joe Resolute but it would probably be only me and Coheteboy chatting in it.

Parts 7 and 8 were awesome! Is it Thurs yet? I can't wait for the next installments.

Really? GI Joe? Oh. I haven't heard anything about GI Joe for a long time now. What I remember is my brother had GI Joe collections then and when I borrowed, he gets mad.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mces0421 View Post
    Really? GI Joe? Oh. I haven't heard anything about GI Joe for a long time now. What I remember is my brother had GI Joe collections then and when I borrowed, he gets mad.

Hehe well, there have been many spin-offs of G.I.Joe cartoons, the most recent one being Sigma6.

RESOLUTE is the name of the latest incarnation debuting on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. You can watch the first 8 chapters (5 minute segments) on youtube and adultswim.com.

Basically... it's a [strong] PG-13 animated toon for the fans of the original series that have grown up and continued being fans. So basically, all your favorite characters are there, some have changed genders (Dial Tone's a chick now), and well... death is a high possibility now to many characters!

The only thing I DON'T like about the cartoon is the generic sounding voice talent. There's no personality at all. The old cast was just that good.

Oh well... I don't think there's any more Resolute toys coming out than what we've already seen. And the DESTRO and STORMSHADOW I got look NOTHING like the cartoon!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Those Playmates Star Trek figures are actually out at Walmarts already. As it's not a line that I'm going to collect, I didn't really look at the figures in great detail.

I'm actually just 2 short of the Mcdonald's Monsters vs. Aliens set. I'm just missing Galaxhaar (though I passed him up twice to get other characters) and the Galaxhaar ship. I think there's an Insectosaurus plush so I'll have to look for that in stores.
    i think i just got the ship/
    Its #6/8 in the series

they are all supposed to be kids bop today..guess this is cleanup for them XD

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hehe well, there have been many spin-offs of G.I.Joe cartoons, the most recent one being Sigma6.

RESOLUTE is the name of the latest incarnation debuting on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. You can watch the first 8 chapters (5 minute segments) on youtube and adultswim.com.

Basically... it's a [strong] PG-13 animated toon for the fans of the original series that have grown up and continued being fans. So basically, all your favorite characters are there, some have changed genders (Dial Tone's a chick now), and well... death is a high possibility now to many characters!

The only thing I DON'T like about the cartoon is the generic sounding voice talent. There's no personality at all. The old cast was just that good.

Oh well... I don't think there's any more Resolute toys coming out than what we've already seen. And the DESTRO and STORMSHADOW I got look NOTHING like the cartoon!
    There are only 3 or 4 voice actors for Resolute. I guess if you're only making a 60 min. mini series, you can try to get away with having your actors do multiple roles. Even the Clone Wars series does that. I recognized Duke's voice as Wolverine from Wolverine and the X-Men and the voice is probably better suited for Logan than Duke.

With Res. Destro and SS, I think the point was to look like the Resolute comic versions, not necessarily the show. However, photos have surfaced of more Resolute figures. I saw a carded SS so that should be coming out. There will also be Destro, Tunnel Rat, Wild Bill, Snake Eyes, Beachhead. You know Hasbro would never pass up an attempt to sell repainted figures!

I hope they don't stop there because I definitely want an Arctic Scarlett, Dial Tone, Gung Ho.

Btw, parts 9 and 10?? Even better than 7 and 8! I would pay to see this in a theater.

• MiceChat Moderator

I didn't buy the shoot out in part 9. And Zartan's voice! UGH.

It's a great cartoon but it's really hard for me to let go of the original characters.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I didn't buy the shoot out in part 9. And Zartan's voice! UGH.

It's a great cartoon but it's really hard for me to let go of the original characters.
    I'm okay with the part 9 shootout. It's the part 10 shootout that makes me laugh the more I think about it. Roadblock/Gung Ho and Destro/Baroness were pretty close and yet couldn't hit each other. Even more hilarious were how amateurish Destro and Baroness were to not even notice that the hatch had opened and that the hostages were escaping. Come on, they're better than that! Come to think of it, Cobra has been downright moronic in this series, aside from destroying all of Moscow.

To rectify that, I suggest they make a prequel and call it Cobra Resolute!

Scarlett made the wrong choice btw.

• 'splosions

I recognized Duke's voice as Wolverine from Wolverine and the X-Men and the voice is probably better suited for Logan than Duke.
    Steve Blum. its a fact he uses the same voice everywhere

• mountains beyond mtns.

Barbossa!

I know you were wondering about Star Trek fast food toys. Well Burger King has them! Super D style like the Star Wars ones from a few years back. New Star Trek Movie Toys Coming To Burger King - Star Trek - ToyNewsI.com

• Infinitized!

Barbossa!

I know you were wondering about Star Trek fast food toys. Well Burger King has them! Super D style like the Star Wars ones from a few years back. New Star Trek Movie Toys Coming To Burger King - Star Trek - ToyNewsI.com
    Uh-oh, 16 toys altogether. That's going to be a lot of burgers. Brings back memories of last summer with the Iron Man, Indy, and Hulk toys. I think I may just get the ships; the Enterprise, the warbird, and the shuttle. This promo might stick around for a bit this year. last year they switched them too fast and were around for maybe only a few weeks each.

Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast