Page 24 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1421222324252627344974 ... LastLast

• Infinitized!

Re: Toy Collecting Chit-Chat thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Egads... I went to Target today and was shocked at what I saw on the pegs. No, it wasn't the toy itself. It was the PRICES.

Standard Star wars figures have gone up to $8.66!! No, sir, i do not like it.
    Our local TRU got the lenticular eye Cars, and the price went up on them too. From $4.99 they went up to $6.99. When I started buying Cars toys they were $3.50.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

When I started buying Cars they were $2.99.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

When I started buying Cars they were $2.99.
    Wow! All I got to say is they aren't worth $6.99.

• My silly Friend Ariel

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Did you see the Walmart exclusive DCUC 5 pack as well? (Superman, Batman, Two Face, Luthor, Catwoman)

From wave 9, I only really want Black Canary but feel a bit compelled to get Green Arrow as well.

No they didn't have any of the 5 pack. The only one I want from that group is Lex. I don't want another Batman or Superman. Catwoman dosen't look right and Two Face he's ok but I really don't want him. I when back to Wal-Mart today for the usely grocery day and they didn't have any of wave 9 the 3 that where there where gone and Target only had Blue Aquaman, Cyborg and 2 Firestorms.

• we jumped out a window

I don't suppose that any of us are going to pay for the MOTU "Club Eternia" subscriptions?

I thought about it but decided not to as I don't want every figure in the line and have not been buying every figure (and then there are those that I just missed out on like Hordak). As it does not included the bonus figures, some of which I'll definitely want, I'd still have to try my hand during Matty MOTU mornings anyhow.

Even though there's an MOTU film coming and undoubtedly a figure line to accompany it, I'd rather get the characters I want now in the Classics line rather than risk seeing accelerator suit He-Man fighting against Skeletor in a movie Megatron styled suit of armor. And Battle Cat is completely mechanical. Hey, you never know!

• MiceChat Moderator

I passed on the Eternia club too. The fact that you have to pay shipping separate for each figure every month... even if you want to order something else, that's what kept me from buying. I'm supposed to be saving money for something like that, not spending more. And yah, there's a $20 fee that gets you Wonder-Bread He-Man but I really don't need it.

• we jumped out a window

Oh, I forgot to mention about the lack of combined shipping. As if Mattel hasn't done enough ridiculous things lately!!!! Like I don't know, the Gleek fiasco?? I didn't put one and one together at the time when I was at the SDCC Mattel line but I did see lots of people, after making their purchases, come back to claim that they had not received their Gleeks. Sure....

I just hope that if I get Adora and Armor He-Man in January, that they'll combine shipping.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

I passed on the Eternia club too. The fact that you have to pay shipping separate for each figure every month... even if you want to order something else, that's what kept me from buying. I'm supposed to be saving money for something like that, not spending more. And yah, there's a $20 fee that gets you Wonder-Bread He-Man but I really don't need it.
    Wonder bread He-man?

is this eternia club a new club that you get 1 figure a month?

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    Wonder bread He-man?

is this eternia club a new club that you get 1 figure a month?

Yup, Wonder Bread He-Man was a figure promotion from the old days where He-Man was dressed up in black Zodak armor. The Eternia club charges you $20 for every new figure release + a $20 sign-up fee. BUT you do get a free "Wun-Dar" that will be shipped with another figure of the month.

So it's worth it if you don't want to stress out the morning of every release and just let the figures arrive at your door. But since i'm into multiple toy lines, it's just too much of an add-on.

Wouldn't mind the loaf of bread accessory though:

• we jumped out a window

Coheteboy,

I know you have some of those McFarlane Guitar Hero guitars for sale in your thread. By any chance did you open any of them and would they be to scale with 3.75-4 inch figures?

I'm looking into doing some Guitar Hero figure customs but it would be pointless without little guitars for them. (Yes, I know McFarlane has a figure line as well but they haven't made any of the characters that I rock out with when I play the game.)

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Coheteboy,

I know you have some of those McFarlane Guitar Hero guitars for sale in your thread. By any chance did you open any of them and would they be to scale with 3.75-4 inch figures?

I'm looking into doing some Guitar Hero figure customs but it would be pointless without little guitars for them. (Yes, I know McFarlane has a figure line as well but they haven't made any of the characters that I rock out with when I play the game.)

They're a little large for 3.75-4" figures, but perfect for 5-7" figures (ninja turtles, marvel legends, etc).

Observe:

• we jumped out a window

Coheteboy, thanks for the response and especially for the reference photos.

Speaking of reference photos, I did an online search for photos of the SDCC She-Ra from a few years back (also for customizing purposes) and came across your guest review for Mr. Crawford's well known figure review site.

Anyhow, thanks for the guitar photos. I'm using 4 inch figures so I may be able to use those if I cut off part of the fretboard and then reattach. I don't really care about accuracy in that regard (though as a guitar player, I should!) I'll paint the bodies too as I prefer solid colors (that goes for plastic toy guitars, virtual on screen guitars, real guitars) and don't really like the graphic patterns. I'm sure I'll have no problem finding those guitar packs at TRU and Walmart!

Another option might be to have the figure hold a thrashed/smashed up guitar and then I could sort of get around the scale issue.

Anyhow, thanks for your help!

• MiceChat Moderator

Hey if you wanna buy my guitars, have at it!

• we jumped out a window

My lack of interest in Rise of Cobra notwithstanding, TRU's 2 Movie Joe figures for $10 was a great deal so I picked up Firefly and Cover Girl. Most likely I'll use them for custom projects so no photos will be posted of them.

• Disneyland Enthusiasts

not sure if you guys covered this already...

brand & cohete - we noticed that a lot of the SDCC "exclusives" didn't have the SDCC logos. in those cases.. are they still SDCC Exclusives?
    http://findingmickey.com
    the hidden mickeys and details of disneyland resort