Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Toy Collecting Chit-Chat thread.

In the initial releases, the first Iron Monger figure had a red chest piece. This might have been due to the various stages of production when Hasbro didn't have enough accurate information to finish the figure... so they went with 'red' for the bad guy.

The second Monger figure came out later and had the Jeff Bridges head inside with the corrected blue chest light.

The new Iron Monger you saw is probably just an adjusted version to be more film accurate. They were able to do this because the toy line was a 'super fist smash' hit. If the toyline failed, there would only be a red variant.

What's more rare? I dunno if I can answer that but I think it's more important to have the one that's film accurate.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Infinitized!

^Interesting. It would be a neat idea if they came out with another variant: put a super brite LED in there so he lights up. That idea could work on the Mark 1 Iron Man suit, but I don't know if it would work with the Mark 3 suit, as space is tight on that one. Kind of tempting to get another Iron Monger and get out the Dremel and make a custom.

• Shablagoo!

The New Hope Wave (with Stormtrooper Han and Luke) of Star Wars figures has been spotted. Watch your local stores.

Also pictures of the new Really Big Vehicle have surfaced. It is the Turbo Tank from Clone Wars and Episode 3.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Ack! I'm still trying to find a Magnaguard and Space Clone from Clone Wars wave 4!

The Turbo Tank is great but unfortunately, just like with the AT-TE and Falcon, I won't be buying one.

• Infinitized!

In case anyone is collecting the Speedracer toys, at the local Walmart they have them on clearance for 50 cents.

• Infinitized!

Today's Indiana Jones acquisitions:
    Nothing!

I went to the local Walmart hoping to complete my 2nd set of KotCS figs and all the Hasbro figs were gone! It was a sad day indeed. The only things on the shelf were one Mr Potato Head and the Mutt Williams plastic knife playset. Oh, they did finally get the new legos in. The other Walmart across the lake still has quite a few figs (sadly no ToD) so i'll check it out on Saturday. To complete my second (sealed) set of all figs I still need:
    Wave 1: Indiana Jones (whip action), Sallah, Belloq, Monkey Man,
    Wave 1 Deluxe: German Soldier 2-pack
    Wave 2: Indiana Jones with RPG, Mutt Williams (t-shirt), Russian Soldier
    Wave 2 Deluxe: Indy w/ Horse, Temple Pitfall, Temple Trap, German w/ motorbike
    Wave 3 Deluxe: Cairo Henchman 2-pack
    Wave 4: Indy w/ Sword (2), Short Round (2), Mola Ram (2), Chief Temple Guard, Temple Guard
    Vehicles: Cloth Canopy Cargo Truck
    and the Akator Playset.

On the bright side, if we do get an Indy V, they're expanding our Walmart into a Supercenter Walmart, so hopefully there will be a bigger selection next time. If only we had gotten Toht...

Here's hoping for Indy V!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I thought that I was done with Indy acquisitions as well but over the last few days I got a Marion for $3 something and a Titanium Rocket Sled for $2.98.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I thought that I was done with Indy acquisitions as well but over the last few days I got a Marion for $3 something and a Titanium Rocket Sled for $2.98.
    What bugs me is it seems Indy is marked down at all the Walmarts, London Drugs stores, and Real Canadian Superstores for clearance, yet at Toys R Us and Zellers the figs are still regular price! Even the 12" ones: at Walmart they were $5, at TRU $29.99

I was lucky to get the whole Titanium vehicles set for $2 apiece. Last time I was in the other Walmart (we've got two here) all they had left were two Jungle Cutters. Even the Adventure Hereos sets have all disappeared, those were pretty much gone before Christmas.

The new Indy LEGO sets have shown up. They look great! I like the Flying Wing. I just wish I had some more money now so I could get them. I saw some leaked photos of the Temple of Doom Mine Track set that will be coming out this year. Looks like it's going to be a fun set! Here's a link to a pic of the LEGOs that are being released in August:
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/images/new.../indysets1.jpg

• Shablagoo!

My WalMart has not got anything in weeks. They have had the aisle reset, but no new product. Star Wars Leagcy Wave 5 has been spotted at the local target though.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post

The new Indy LEGO sets have shown up. They look great! I like the Flying Wing. I just wish I had some more money now so I could get them. I saw some leaked photos of the Temple of Doom Mine Track set that will be coming out this year. Looks like it's going to be a fun set! Here's a link to a pic of the LEGOs that are being released in August:
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/images/new.../indysets1.jpg
    I saw the Temple of Doom car chase set and the Flying Wing set today at my local WalMart. I agree that they both look awesome! I'm going to buy the Flying Wing soon, and add it to my other original Indy trilogy sets I have.

• King of Los Angeles

Anyone heard of any good toys coming out for Witch Mountain? The Bounty Hunter was designed by the same people that designed Alien and Predator so I'd love to have a great figure.

• Infinitized!

New York ComiCon GI Joe exclusives, scroll down the page a bit for the pics and a description:
    New York Comic Con - February 6-8, 2009

Some Star Wars and Star Trek exclusivs too, as well as one item for Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm curious how many people will be at this event with all the economic stuff happening right now.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Speaking of economic stuff, Star Wars figures are now $8.70 something at Target. Ouch! Definitely no more troop building for me.

• Infinitized!

Speaking of economic stuff, Star Wars figures are now $8.70 something at Target. Ouch! Definitely no more troop building for me.
    I was watching a business news clip on CTV's website and they said that one of the toy companies experienced slow sales during the holidays, so they'll be raising the prices. I can't remember if it was Mattel or Hasbro. I know both companies were mentioned in this clip. It probably was Hasbro then.

So, they get all this stuff manufactured for dirt cheap in China. Wouldn't it be smarter to lower the prices a buck or two in these tough economic times so they can make more sales? It has me wondering where the suits at Hasbro are putting that money. They're going to be getting even less sales if they're raising the prices.

• Resident Daydreamer

Wow
    Your Life is an occasion, so rise up to it.

Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast