Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast

• King of Los Angeles

Re: Toy Collecting Chit-Chat thread.

I go every year with work....VIP passes means no standing in line!

• 'splosions

Im' already booked at the Hawthorn Suites off Hwy 8. FREE hot buffet breakfast, free parking, free wifi and full kitchen suites.

yeah, love that hotel.

My strategy is taking family that just wants to spend time at Sea World or Shoreline and let them take my car as long as they drop me off at the Covention Center

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hmm... i need to talk to my peeps. they were in charge of hotels. Since I started going to comic-con, i never ever booked a hotel and I've always somehow managed to get a room that someone else couldn't fill up completely or someone got an extra.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    As far as I am concerned, you can talk about any toys, including Disney related.
    Cool thread. See what you can find on a lazy Saturday afternoon?

I started out in Action figures back in the mid-nineties when my kids were small. I even started selling them in full-page ads in Action Figure News and Toy Revue.

Back then I would meet the KayBee Toys delivery trucks at the loading docks with coffee and doughnuts. The managers would let me off-load the action figures to the side, then cherry-pick the rarities for resale. I know it pissed off other collectors, but I rationalized it by saying I was taking hundreds of dollars out of their inventory every week. Why shouldn't I get some preferential treatment.

Anyways, I soon decided if I put as much energy into my contracting business as I did into my aftermarket toy business, I could be a success. So I sold off my action figures and moved into GI Joes. After awhile that lost it's luster, so I moved into tin litho battery-operated toys from the 50's and 60's.

I LOVED the use of color on the tin litho, but I kept having problems with the electrical components due to bad soldering during construction in Japan and the constant vibration during shipping. Eventually, I got out of battery-ops because I got tired of taking them apart and working on them. Plus, you never knew if you were going to have problems when sending the toy to a buyer. Good riddance.

So, I went a little further back in time and started collecting tin and celluloid wind-ups. These are great toys. They display well, and they work when you take them out of the cabinet to show someone what they do. Here's a look at my collection.

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Nice display, Charlie! I also hate you.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• King of Los Angeles

For any interested...I'm having to get rid of my 1979 Black Hole action figures. Check out my Toy Shop thread.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Browncoat, I know you were searching for Transformers Animated Wreck-Gar. Well, I went to 2 Targets and 1 TRU today and saw Wreck-Gars at all 3 stores so it might be a good time to check your local toy retailers.

I was at Universal Studios Hollywood today, looked inside the Marvel gift shop and they actually had Marvel Universe 3.75" figures. For $15.25 each!!!! They also had Marvel Transformers for $30 each.

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Browncoat, I know you were searching for Transformers Animated Wreck-Gar. Well, I went to 2 Targets and 1 TRU today and saw Wreck-Gars at all 3 stores so it might be a good time to check your local toy retailers.
    Thanks! I actually found 2 at my local Target the other day and picked up a Swindle cause he was on sale. I haven't decided if I want to do the main cast of TF:A yet as I've mostly just been picking up the ones I'm most interested in but my collection is getting pretty full...

my main focus I've decided is the 12 + 1 world warriors from SOTA's Street Fighter line. I've got Ryu, Ken, Guile, Sagat, Blanka and Akuma so far.

I picked up a few varients like Previews Shin Akuma and Evil Ryu at Comic-Con as well as the Toyfare Dan Hibiki.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Great collection, Charlie. The bear reminds me of one my grandparents had. The bear looks the same, but it played a different instrument,

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    my main focus I've decided is the 12 + 1 world warriors from SOTA's Street Fighter line. I've got Ryu, Ken, Guile, Sagat, Blanka and Akuma so far.

Whew, good luck with that. Cornerstorecomics had Zangief and Dhalism and E.HOnda at one point. Since you work in Anaheim, maybe you can head over and see if they have any more. Use cash though and don't get Credit Card swindled... though I think they have it all under control now.

Also Zangief and Dhalism and E.Honda are pretty fragile figures.

Were you still interested in the Snake-Eyes?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Whew, good luck with that. Cornerstorecomics had Zangief and Dhalism and E.HOnda at one point. Since you work in Anaheim, maybe you can head over and see if they have any more. Use cash though and don't get Credit Card swindled... though I think they have it all under control now.

Also Zangief and Dhalism and E.Honda are pretty fragile figures.

Were you still interested in the Snake-Eyes?
    yeha, they didn't have a Player 1 Zangief or Dhalsim unfortunately and I overheard him mention the credit card thing to someone on the phone.

I found a few 1/6 figs i need to get too.

and yes i am. i just found my checkbook if you want me to send it to you that way

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'm already down for 3 of Mattel's Comic Con exclusives - Buzz Lightyear, Anti-Monitor and Justice League Unlimited Hal Jordan/Abin Sur/Sinestro.

Please Hasbro, don't make anything that I'll want and that way I won't have to waste 2 hours in your line!

• mountains beyond mtns.

I believe Barbossa had asked about this summer's fast food toy/movie tie-ins. Well, Burger King is going to have toys for GI Joe Rise of Cobra.

Also, Resolute is FINALLY going to premiere this month on the 25th.

• 'splosions

I love my Resolute Cobra Commander

• mountains beyond mtns.

I just hope we get more Resolute figures, especially another version of Storm Shadow shown here Toy News International - Daily Action Figures Toy News, Reviews and Discussions.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I believe Barbossa had asked about this summer's fast food toy/movie tie-ins. Well, Burger King is going to have toys for GI Joe Rise of Cobra.

Also, Resolute is FINALLY going to premiere this month on the 25th.
    Also, Burger King will be promoting Star Trek, but looks like rather than toys they will be having drinking glasses available. Who knows, maybe they'll have toys as well for the kids meals. Here's a pic of the promo poster for the glasses:
    http://img.trekmovie.com/images/st09/kingt.jpg
    The BK Star Trek promo begins May 4.

I'm kind of hoping BK promotes Iron Man 2 next year as they did the first.

Wow, only a couple more weeks and the summer 2009 movie season is upon us. But, I don't think 2009 will be as big as the 2008 summer movie season was. (and it was off to a bad start with the stolen Wolverine)

Oh, and speaking of Star Trek, here's a look at some of the 3.75" figs mad by Playmates:
    http://trekmovie.com/2009/04/13/play...s-375-figures/

Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 567891011183358 ... LastLast