• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

eFX to Launch New Disney-Inspired Collectibles This Fall

Snow White-Inspired ‘Heart Box’ Is First in Collection
    to Be Previewed at Comic-Con and D23 Expo

BURBANK, Calif. (June 9, 2009) – Bringing together the masterful storytelling of Disney with the renowned artistry of eFX Inc., an all-new line of limited-edition collectibles will be unveiled this September, inspired by some of Disney’s classic films and the comic antics of the Muppets.

These new collectibles extend the magic of Disney into pieces that recall the beauty and spectacle that is unique to Disney, beginning with a tribute to the “fairest of them all,” Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

eFX plans to preview several pieces from its new Disney collection during San Diego Comic-Con in July, and at Disney’s first-ever D23 Expo, Sept. 10 to Sept. 13 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

The premiere release in eFX’s new Disney line is the exquisitely designed “Heart Box,” inspired by the designs of the wicked Queen in Disney’s first full-length animated feature. Presented to the Huntsman, the Heart Box was intended to be used as proof of Snow White’s demise. As befits the coolly glamorous wicked Queen, eFX’s Heart Box is intricately constructed from solid hardwood and its opening features an imaginative 24-karat gold-plated heart that locks with a dagger.

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Heart Box meticulously recreates the design of the film’s original animation, with rich, vivid colors and the attention to detail and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of eFX.

The Heart Box sits on an ornate, museum-quality display base that features a sculpture of the wicked Queen by renowned artist David Kracov, with whom eFX has developed a successful, ongoing collaborative relationship. Pre-orders for the Heart Box will begin shortly after Comic-Con, at http://www.efxcollectibles.com. Each “Heart Box” will include an individually numbered plaque and will not exceed 500 pieces worldwide.

“We have long been Disney fans ourselves, so developing authentic, detailed collectibles is tremendously exciting for us,” said Bryan Ono, president of eFX Inc. “With inspiration from Disney films and characters, we look forward to extending the magic of Disney even further into the lives of collectors.”

Upcoming pieces in development by eFX include:

• Full-size, highly detailed “Photo Puppets” of favorite Muppet characters, including Rizzo the Rat, Miss Piggy, and Pépe the King Prawn;

• An incredibly accurate, four-foot replica of Capt. Nemo’s Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which will offer features not incorporated in any previous model of this iconic submarine;

• Replicas and collectibles based on such classic Disney entertainment as Mary Poppins, Peter Pan and Pinocchio.

More details about eFX’s current and upcoming collectible pieces can be found at the eFX Inc. website, http://www.efxcollectibles.com.

An exquisite Heart Box inspired by "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" is among the first high-end collectibles to be produced by eFX Inc. Pre-orders will take place shortly after Comic-Con on the eFX website, http://www.efxcollectibles.com.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Re: eFX to Launch New Disney-Inspired Collectibles This Fall

That is beautiful.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

hopefully the Pepe, Rizzo, and Piggy will be not too much money.

Still waiting for Fozzie though!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

LaTimes blog talks about D23's presence at comic-con but also shows pics of the first ever 4 foot model Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, made by eFX:

Hero Complex | D23 at Comic-Con and beyond (and the first look at the new Nautilus) | Los Angeles Times

It's going to be on-sale to collectors next year as part of the prestige line of items for serious collectors, but it makes its debut at Comic-Con. Here's a bit of the product description for this lavish rendering of the famed vessel from "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea," which was produced by eFX Inc.:

The approximately 1/45th scale Nautilus from eFX will offer extraordinary details, including internal and external lighting and re-creations of both the lush salon and the all-important wheelhouse, providing collectors with the opportunity to peer into the inner sanctum of this enormous underwater vessel.

Inspired by the remarkable, unforgettable designs of legendary Disney designer Harper Goff, the Nautilus from eFX combines the graceful elegance of the submarine’s riveted exterior with incredibly accurate interior details never before offered by eFX in a high-end collectible of this type...The Nautilus from eFX is being hand-crafted from resin with machined and die-cast metal, and injection-molded ABS details. The edition size will be limited to no more than 500 pieces, and each Nautilus replica will come with a specially designed display base, numbered plaque and Certificate of Authenticity.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Oooh I love that box!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Its Beautiful.. i feel like getting one.. i hope its not too expensive. It has the right look and the right color. I dont think ant other color would look as good as this one.

I was pretty excited about the nautilus there.... LE 500? well I guess i'm not getting one/I won't have the money to get one... I'm sure these pieces with be very very pricey