• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thumbs up New Avanzino Shadow Boxes - Disney Mountain Range and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Prepare to be amazed. Just got this email blast from Dave Avanzino:

Greetings Collectors,
    I actually have 2 new pieces being released at Disneyland in the next couple of weeks and I thought it would be better to send out one notice featuring both of them. The first one honors the legendary "Disneyland Mountain Range," in honor of the 50th anniversary of the Matterhorn. The second piece features the classic Tomorrowland attraction poster for "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea." I have taken the artwork and created a dimensional paper sculpture from it. Both of these pieces should be in the stores shortly. I hope you find something you like.
    Sincerely,
    Dave Avanzino

The Disneyland Mountain Range
    Limited Edition: 10 + 1 Artist’s Proof
    Medium: Mixed Media Paper Sculpture
    Retail: $800

Opening Date Anniversaries
    Splash - 20th Anniversary
    Big Thunder Mtn - 30th
    Space - 32nd
    Matterhorn - 50th

Fifty years ago, in 1959, a new mountain appeared on the Southern California landscape. Rising 147 feet high the Matterhorn Mountain at Disneyland was the first of four mountains that would soon create the formidable Disneyland Mountain Range. Building the Matterhorn was the idea of Walt Disney himself whose ideas were often dismissed by others as "impossible." That's why Disney collectible artist Dave Avanzino used this famous quote by Walt in his mixed media paper sculpture that celebrates his amazing vision. Dave created an original painting for each of the four mountains and then reproduced the individual pieces as Giclée prints. Each piece was hand-cut and, after painting the edge of the paper to match, assembled into a small paper sculpture. The mountains were then floated against a blue, cloud filled sky (that features an escaped Mickey Mouse balloon). The quote by Walt Disney is set on top of the clouds using a combination of specialty papers, hand-painted papers, Giclée prints and even some wire. The word "Impossible" is hand-cut from a large cloud image and a specialty paper featuring small sparkling crystals was placed behind the open letters. The opening date of each mountains is printed on gold paper and floated along the bottom of the cloud. Each piece is matted with a custom printed mat designed by the artist and framed in a rich black shadowbox frame.

20,000 Leagues Under The Sea Paper Sculpture
    Limited Edition: 10 + 1 Artist’s Proof
    Medium: Paper Sculpture
    Retail: $775

The Disney adventure film “20,000 Leagues under the Sea” was released in 1954 and was a huge hit with moviegoers. It earned 3 Academy Award nominations and won 2 of them. Because of its success Walt Disney decided to display some of the sets from the film in a temporary exhibit in Tomorrowland at his new theme park he was soon opening called “Disneyland.” It turned out to be very popular with the guests and remained there for 11 years.

In this Limited Edition paper sculpture, Disney collectible artist Dave Avanzino has taken the classic Tomorrowland attraction poster and created a dynamic, dimensional scene. He begins with a digital version of the poster and then, after separating the individual elements from one another, he creates new sections of each to fill in the gaps that are not seen in the flat-printed version. All of the elements are printed as archival digital prints, mounted to heavier paper or board and then hand-cut by the artist. After painting the edge of each piece of paper to match the front, Dave assembles the pieces into the dimensional scene. The artwork is set into a 2 1/2” deep black shadowbox frame and features a double mat.

Items should be at Disneyland soon.

I just need to sell everything I own and buy these two collectibles. They are a Disney nerd's dream!!!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

Re: New Avanzino Shadow Boxes - Disney Mountain Range and 20,000 Leagues Under The Se

I got that email too. Oh to have an extra $800.00! I'd love to own one of these!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: New Avanzino Shadow Boxes - Disney Mountain Range and 20,000 Leagues Under The Se

I want the mountain range one so bad it hurts. But the 20,000 Leagues is incredible too.

Dave's work is always amazing!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Mrs. J. Depp

The 20,000 Leagues one is awesome!! Has he done many attraction posters? I'd love to see more, Dave's work is incredible!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I'm with you Dusty. I actually got tears in my eyes when I saw the Mountain Range. Dream...dream big!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

For those of you interested in the "The Disneyland Mountain Range"
    shadowbox I just got off the phone with DeliverEARS and they have already begun selling it. I got number 10/10...I am not sure if that means they are now sold out, but they told me they had already sold quite a few. Price is $800, no discounts (AP or Disney VISA) and shipping was $141 to Hawaii... =(

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I love his work! If only I had unlimited amounts of cash and wall space!
    <o>

• Banned User

I posted this in the buy/sell lounge, but, I have an Avanzino "Main Street USA" shadowbox for sale on Ebay. If anyone wants the link you can find it there.