Star Wars Big Figs

Does anyone know what happened to the Minnie Big Fig that was supposed to come out this time? We went to DL on Monday to buy Mickey and Minnie and the cast members said she wasn't going to be released. Strange thing is though I see her for sale on EBay, overpriced of course! And I can't seem to find the number to call WDW about buying merchandise, I want to see what they say.

Re: Star Wars Big Figs

Well I found out what all the fuss was about. Someone didn't like the way she was dressed and they ended up pulling her off the shelves. Turns out several cast members were able to obtain her before she was taken away. Since several went on sale on Ebay the price came down and I ended up buying one. Not sure what all the fuss was for, she looks fine. It's not like she is revealing anything. I have hundreds of Mickey's and Minnie's in my house and a few Minnie's are in bikini styled oufits and I don't see any of them as being distasteful or giving Minnie a bad image. I would be curious to find out who made the complaint and what manager made the decision to take her off the shelves. Oh well, just thought I would share!

• Too far from Disney World

Re: Star Wars Big Figs

It just takes one person's complaint to ruin it for all.

We were at WDW in the Hollywood Studios Animation Store and they had the Donald Storm Trooper on the shelf. This was in September long after the SWW's were over. The lady there would NOT sell it to us because the base was scratched under his foot. We offered to sign papers saying we didn't care and everything (cause I seriously didn't!). She hauled him off the shelf and into the back. People can be rather funny in what they think other people shouldn't see/have/do.

At least you got one though!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Wink Re: Star Wars Big Figs

Quote Originally Posted by MINNIESFRIEND View Post
    Well I found out what all the fuss was about. Someone didn't like the way she was dressed and they ended up pulling her off the shelves. Turns out several cast members were able to obtain her before she was taken away. Since several went on sale on Ebay the price came down and I ended up buying one. Not sure what all the fuss was for, she looks fine. It's not like she is revealing anything. I have hundreds of Mickey's and Minnie's in my house and a few Minnie's are in bikini styled oufits and I don't see any of them as being distasteful or giving Minnie a bad image. I would be curious to find out who made the complaint and what manager made the decision to take her off the shelves. Oh well, just thought I would share!
    Actually, if you don't mind me providing corrected information, the Star Wars Big Fig of Minnie Mouse dressed as Princess Leia in the "Slave Girl" costume was pulled from retail sale because of a (single?) complaint regarding the "Slave Girl" title for the figure. It had nothing to do with how the figure was "dressed." The pieces were moved to Property Control where they can only be purchased by Cast Members.

The word "Slave" was carefully cut off the sides of the cardboard boxes. The brand new pieces were then priced at about $75 (less an additional 10% off) and available for purchase. That is why Cast Members have been flooding eBay with them (even though CM's are not allowed to sell items they buy with their discount or at PC). Rumor even has it that one CM went in and asked to buy all the remaining stock of Slave Minnies (several hundred) because they had done so well selling the 15 they bought the previous week. It was then that a limit of 2 per CM per day was instituted.

Daniel