Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: SDCC Collectible Dumping Ground

Browncoat, I met up with Coheteboy after that Hasbro panel so I know he was there.

ACME Archives was selling plush Alec rabbits (from the Presto pixar short). I thought about getting one but didn't.

• Infinitized!

Keep an eye out on the Hasbro stuff. Apparently the Indiana Jones figs were taken off display and there will be some official reveal either Saturday or Sunday.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I'm back in Los Angeles now so it'll have to be someone else keeping an eye out on the Hasbro displays.

I'm not sure if anyone else collects Dark Knight Movie Masters but the remaining releases will be exclusive to Mattycollector.com with a new one out monthly. I think I'll get Bank Robber Joker, Jail Joker and Bruce proto suit. I don't really want Harvey Dent or Scarecrow.

For DC Universe Classics, there's some incredible stuff coming out like the BAF Kilowog.

• Shablagoo!

What really excited me was the Jaina and Jacen Solo figures! Woo-Hoo. I have only been waiting for a decade for them. The EU wave looked great. I also like the new Chewie in the ANH wave. I still can't believe they made Willrow Hood. The guy is going to sit worse than Yarna. Well I know that I will buy one.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Hasbro was the only toy panel i hit up all week. But there's a ton of masters of the universe stuff revealed this weekend!

Moss Man, Wondor (he-man wearing zodak armor for subcription holders), Battle Armor He-Man, normal girl She-Ra (Adora), King Randor, Scare-Glow, etc etc.

I didn't do the convention floor at all today so i'll check them out tomorrow.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• 'splosions

Ill be hitting the floor alot today, gonna try and nab a 12 inch Baroness from Hasbro and maybe a Green Lantern from Mattel.

I've been kinda toy-lite this weekend, only nabbing a Dhalsim figure to add to my Street Fighter figs and a Cyclops statue i had been eyeing for a few years.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    What really excited me was the Jaina and Jacen Solo figures! Woo-Hoo. I have only been waiting for a decade for them. The EU wave looked great. I also like the new Chewie in the ANH wave. I still can't believe they made Willrow Hood. The guy is going to sit worse than Yarna. Well I know that I will buy one.
    They're making Star Wars EU figures?? What other figures do they have coming out?

• far, far away from DL

I was so happy with the EU figs too. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw they did Willrow Hood. I just have to get that one. Did anyone see the SW stuff from Gentle Giant? They have some really great stuff coming out. Better start saving money now. I know I'll be spending some chunks of change this coming year.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
    They're making Star Wars EU figures?? What other figures do they have coming out?
    That wave has Jacen and Jaina, A new Spacetrooper, a Force Unleashed Shaak Ti, K'Kruhk and a Phase 1 Dark trooper. Interestingly the build a droid is from Jabba's Palace. I feel for the non-EU collectors who are going to want that, but not the EU figs.

Also there are some EU build-a-droids. YV-H1 is one of them. This is the Death's Head droid from the Vong books. They really should switch him into the EU wave since he goes with the Jaina and Jacen figures. He is in the ESB wave right now.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Argh, my Buzz Lightyear from Mattel doesn't have Andy written on the foot as advertised!

• 'splosions

That wave has Jacen and Jaina, A new Spacetrooper, a Force Unleashed Shaak Ti, K'Kruhk and a Phase 1 Dark trooper. Interestingly the build a droid is from Jabba's Palace. I feel for the non-EU collectors who are going to want that, but not the EU figs.

Also there are some EU build-a-droids. YV-H1 is one of them. This is the Death's Head droid from the Vong books. They really should switch him into the EU wave since he goes with the Jaina and Jacen figures. He is in the ESB wave right now.
    THAT'S what i was excited about from that panel! all the EU figs!

picked up more books today and a Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth and Cloud.

Also, i've officially picked up a browncoat from Firefly so I can proudly uphold my s/n.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    THAT'S what i was excited about from that panel! all the EU figs!

picked up more books today and a Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth and Cloud.

Also, i've officially picked up a browncoat from Firefly so I can proudly uphold my s/n.
    Did you get to meet Adam Baldwin as well?

I had been hoping for a K'Kruhk figure for years now so I was excited about that wave as well.

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Did you get to meet Adam Baldwin as well?

I had been hoping for a K'Kruhk figure for years now so I was excited about that wave as well.
    sure did. wore my Jayne beanie when i got my pic with him

http://twitpic.com/bdlvf

i hope K'Kruhk comes with his hat. i didnt see it pictured

• Shablagoo!

So now that it is over here are some of my thoughts about upcoming toys.

Star Wars. I really like the figures they have coming. A nice selection of characters from the movies and some neat EU figures. I think the EU build a droid should come with the EU figures and the OT BAD should come with the OT figures though. My main complaint is how all these figures are coming out on top of each other. 5 waves in Sept thru Oct. Sheeze. Oh well

McFarlane. Hmm, no real presence this year. They had a few figures to show at the Image booth, but not a booth of their own. I wonder if they are going to be around much longer.

NECA. Lots of new stuff to look at. Unfortunately nothing that really interested me. Oh well, more money for me then.

Mattel. Man those DC Universe Classics figures are looking great. I love how they not only get the well-known characters (like Superman) but they make figures of little known characters like B'Wanna Beast. And they all look terrific. I dont collect the line, but if I had the money and space for them I would.

The He-Man line is also terrific with little know characters mixed in with the Big Names. That new Battle Cat is awesome.

I think the Ghostbusters line looks pretty nice, but I have decided not to collect it.

Marvel Universe. This line looks greatly improved. My main complaints about them so far has been character selection and paint applications. The figures looked plasticy. However some of the new ones, like the current Thor and Luke Cage seem to have more paint washes and look much better.

Also they seem to be getting at some of my problems with character selection. First more female characters. Up til now all they have made is a Ms. Marvel figure, but I see upcoming figures of Black Widow, Enchantress, Valkyrie and others. I have also wanted them to include more obscure characters and they seem to be doing that too. I see figures of characters like Piledriver, Bi-Beast and HOLEY MOLEY Terror, Inc. Way to go Hasbro. Now of course the question is whether or not they will look nice in person. This is another line I wish I had the money and space to collect.

Tonner Doll. Maybe I missed it, but I did not see anything new at the convention. I was kind of hoping for a Jessica Rabbit. But I did not see any new Disney products from them.

I liked that Hallmark was there showing off ornaments for next year. Hurray!

So those are my collectible thoughts from what I saw online.

• mountains beyond mtns.

After seeing the prices of what the MOTU Art book is going for, I'm starting to second guess my selling one at cost to Coheteboy.

But it's always better to help out fellow collectors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast