Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Shablagoo!

SDCC Collectible Dumping Ground

Hi,

With all the news that is sure to be revealed during the next few days at San Diego Comic Con, I thought it was a smart idea to start this thread.
    BAsically this is the place to dump any news that you read or hear from the convention if it is about collectibles. So when the reports come out about some new cool toy line, post it here. When it comes out that Sam Raimi is Directing the "World of Warcraft" movie, that should go elsewhere (may I suggest the movie lounge).

I would have made this part of the chit chat thread, but it is such a major event that I think it deserves it's own thread. The news should start hitting anytime now.

• Shablagoo!

Re: SDCC Collectible Dumping Ground

Ok so I have seen some new Sideshow product online. In the Star Wars 12 inch figure line they have figures of Clone Wars Anakin, Grand Admiral Thrawn, an EpII Clone Trooper, and a Lando Calrissian. I also noticed that they have a few new enviroments and it looks like the Anakin comes with Jabba's kid.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Photos are surfacing of some of Hasbro's Star Wars offerings with more to be revealed on Friday, I'm sure.

I saw photos of the mail away Qui-Gon with Eopie (definitely want), 2 McQuarrie figure boxed sets despite them saying that they'd never do this, some upcoming Clone Wars figures like Luminara, Captain Argyuss, Echo, Denal.

• Shablagoo!

Yeah I just saw some neat pictures of some of the upcoming figures too. The Han with removeable Stormtrooper armor looked dumb though. I did like the cantina aliens I saw.

• Shablagoo!

An interesting SW item I just saw is a ROTJ Funeral Pyre set with a Luke Skywalker and burning Vader. I would like to hear more about it. SUpposedly it is something they are thinking about for 2011 and they are looking for feedback.

The new exclusive Dewback looks cool too.

• mountains beyond mtns.

The upcoming Zuckuss (or "vintage 4-LOM") looks pretty awesome!

Don't worry I'll give them positive feedback on Funeral Pyre Vader tomorrow and Friday! I'm surprised to see Jawa, AT-AT Driver and Commander Cody resculpts. The upcoming year, just like previous ones, is going to be full of SW acquisitions for me.

MOTU Battle Cat looks pretty awesome as well!
    Last edited by brand42; 07-22-2009 at 09:41 PM.

• Shablagoo!

I havent seen Battle Cat yet.

I do like Zuckuss quite a bit and am glad to see his new figure. Willrow Hood, the next Yarna? (as in pegwarmer) The new Dewback looks cool too.

I also noticed the early look at 2010 Hallmark Ornaments. The Harley Quinn looks neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    An interesting SW item I just saw is a ROTJ Funeral Pyre set with a Luke Skywalker and burning Vader. I would like to hear more about it. SUpposedly it is something they are thinking about for 2011 and they are looking for feedback.

The new exclusive Dewback looks cool too.
    That would go great with my "Demise of Grievous" figure Nothing like a little death added to collections! Did you see a photo or an actual sculpt?

• Shablagoo!

I did see pictures online. Just check out some of the action figure websites and I am sure you will see it.

• Queen Elsa

I saw some new Kingdom Hearts demo figures on a website but only 2 of them Sora in Santa outfit and a 2ND VER. of Mickey from Kingdom Hearts 2. I just wonder who the third one is. They usely do 3 figures to a series. I hope it's Kairi in her pink outfit. I have also hear talk there doing a Goofy and Donald Kingdom Hearts figures to in this kind of line.

• Infinitized!

Any luck tracking down those new Indiana Jones 3.75" figs? From what I saw on another board, it looks like they're releasing:
    Arnold Toht
    Col. Dietrich
    Ark Ghost
    German Soldier
    Motorbike with Sidecar

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Any luck tracking down those new Indiana Jones 3.75" figs? From what I saw on another board, it looks like they're releasing:
    Arnold Toht
    Col. Dietrich
    Ark Ghost
    German Soldier
    Motorbike with Sidecar
    I have seen some pictures. Hold on a moment....

Hmmm. I cannot find them now. I am sure one of our Micechatters on the scene can get a pic for us.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Hmmm... I don't recall seeing either the pyre Vader or the Indy figures at Hasbro's display area today.

• King of Los Angeles

I think I saw Pyre vader at action figure insider. I'm most excited about the Toy Story classics line, and the vinyl Black Hole toys Mindstyle is doing. Anyone stop by the V booth?

• 'splosions

Hasbros doing alot of neat new Star Wars figs for the new runs. I came in late to the panel but they showed off some more EU comic packs with some really cool figs and they said they're going to continue the Ralph McQuarrie line but pad it out with figures based off of other concept artists (Ki-Adi Mundi with an eyepatch!)

Cohete, they showed off new ewok two packs and told the story of how a little sick boy came to Hasbro and picked what ewoks to go into production and he picked Paploo (which worked for them because Hasbro wanted to redesign him anyway) and picked another one that they wound up naming after him. the other battle pack had the ewok handglider.

I think i'll be picking up the redesigned TIE Interceptor.

and they're doing a Darktrooper Phase III BAF!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast