Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Thanks....I am looking forward to the trip! I was in Tokyo Disneyland in 2008 so I am ready for a fix.
    If I remember correctly, you need to keep the floats on the base for the lighting effect. So if you want it all lit up, you would need to put the complete wooden base on top of the Main Street road which seems kind of strange (not even sure if it will fit). I suppose you could line it up on a shelf above the platform, but again, it kind of defeats the whole purpose. I would rather save the money and spend it on upcoming pieces and the eventual Fantasyland platform.
    This is what I plan if I do decide to display the pieces on the platform...

Olszewski Main Street Platform - MSEP Lighting

Quote Originally Posted by flyboyhi View Post
    I liked the concept of the hidden Mickey - Like in the castle piece. Were others put in the other pieces?
    I honestly don't know, but the impression I'm under is no. But you'd honestly have to ask Bob or Travis if there are any other hidden Mickeys or other extras. Aside for the more obvious like the roofs and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    This is what I plan if I do decide to display the pieces on the platform...

Olszewski Main Street Platform - MSEP Lighting
    Yeah, Bruce is a god when it comes to Olszewski customization. The only drawback right now is two-fold: the parade is not finished and we don't know what may or may not be coming next. As was indicated, without more accessories, Main Street looks pretty bare right now and I certainly would love another parade, especially Christmas Fantasy. If they want another parade for the route, maybe they could look into doing a wave or two of some classic parades like Parade of Dreams or Festival of the Lion King. Just blue skying, of course.

Speaking of which, we just heard about the next WDW event release, so hopefully in the next few weeks, we'll get an announcement for Snow White and Monsanto. Stay tuned!

I saw that announcement about the WDW pieces too! I am looking forward to picking up the Snow White piece, especially after I rode it a couple of weeks ago. Want to hear something strange, the Finding Nemo sub ride was a big disappointment to me. Underwater rides (including the underwater ride in Tokyo) just does not seem to work for me.

Received an email from Olszewski Studios this morning and thought it might be an announcement for the Snow White Scary Adventure piece. Unfortunately, it was just a reminder for the signing event at WDW. Hope we hear something soon as I gathered November was the target release date.

Snow White was pushed back to sometime next year, I forget the timeframe. If I remember correctly the House of the Future is supposed to come out in November but I have not heard anything lately. I don't think there will be a signing for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyC View Post
    Snow White was pushed back to sometime next year, I forget the timeframe. If I remember correctly the House of the Future is supposed to come out in November but I have not heard anything lately. I don't think there will be a signing for this one.

According to Cindy, the Snow White piece is scheduled for a December 4th release. She also mentioned that the House of the Future has been delayed with no projected release date.

The signing event information for Snow White Scary Adventure is now up on the Disney site:

The Art of Disney Parks

A big mahalo to Cindy from colddeadfish.net for the heads up!

Wow, thanks for the head's up on Snow White! It had gone so quiet, I wasn't expecting an announcement for a while yet.

Wonder what's up with Monsanto. Such a simple piece, seems odd that there would be a delay. Hopefully it's out early next year before we get to Pinocchio or MSEP Wave 4.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    Wow, thanks for the head's up on Snow White! It had gone so quiet, I wasn't expecting an announcement for a while yet.

Wonder what's up with Monsanto. Such a simple piece, seems odd that there would be a delay. Hopefully it's out early next year before we get to Pinocchio or MSEP Wave 4.
    Cindy mentioned that they were having production issues in China which may have led to Monsanto being delayed until next year. I'm wondering if this will push back Pinocchio even farther?

Guess I should be happy that Snow White is coming this year...and I am!

Cindy mentioned that they were having production issues in China which may have led to Monsanto being delayed until next year. I'm wondering if this will push back Pinocchio even farther?

Guess I should be happy that Snow White is coming this year...and I am!
    I am too and yet... I can't help but feel a little let down. I was so excited about the possibility of adding something new to the Main Street platform while waiting for Fantasyland. It'll be fine of course and Snow White is going to be a beaut, just wish I didn't feel Main Street was getting neglected in favor of Fantasyland.

According to Cindy, the Snow White piece is scheduled for a December 4th release. She also mentioned that the House of the Future has been delayed with no projected release date.
    Guess I had it backwards. I remember Travis talking about the labor issues in China delaying things. Anyway, it'll be nice to get the Snow White piece. Another excuse for a Disneyland trip

I've been putting my Disneyland Main Street together for quite a while. But I find myself in a place where I need to sell my complete set up. I've had it eBay for about 20 days and haven't found anyone interested. I'm in Northern California around the Sacramento area. I know that most people have started or have completed the Main Street, but in case someone has yet to start, I have the complete assembled Main Street set on a custom oak cabinet. If anyone is interested, contact me and I'll let you know exactly what I have.

Picked up the Opera house and emporium pieces for christmas! (I was only expecting one... so the second blew me away) Which leads me to yet another question. Are the paint sets that Olszewski studios sells "complete" in terms of main street colors? I'd assume with all the colors, it'd have most everything you need to repair any cracks, etc. but are there any colors that aren't in the pack? and is it worth it, or are the colors ones you could get at any hobby shop?

I honestly do not know, not having gotten the paints. I would email the Olszewski Studios and ask them myself.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast