Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

thanks for the info on the plaque... hopefully it'll be attached to this next one I get. As for the lighting, there were problems with the wiring and one of the light bulbs in the lamp posts. something in the wire that connected to the battery pack was loose, so when I turned it one way, the lights would come on, another (how it sat with base attached) the lights would not turn on. Also, one of the light bulbs in the lamp posts was burned out already, and I understand that I will have to change the light bulbs someday, but I don't think it's fair that the piece is brand new and I have to do that already.

I'm sure these mistakes happen, and I made this sound a lot worse than it was... but I'm even more excited to get the new, working piece here!
    Last edited by Epcot2000; 09-26-2009 at 04:43 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

Just want to add my congratulations to you on starting the collection. Always nice to see someone new introduced to the Collection.

One thing I would suggest is be sure to look for the little "extras" in the pieces. For example: the roof comes off the fire station in City Hall so you can see Walt's Apartment, plus the fire engine is removable so details in the station can be seen. And yes, there is a version of Walt's Light out the Apartment window.

A roof comes off Sleeping Beauty Castle, so you have an image of Philip about to wake Aurora from the Dioramas. Plus, the famous Golden Rivet is visable in the courtyard of the castle, as is the Time Castle marker in the forecourt.

The front comes off the Enchanted Tiki Room so you can peer inside. Also nice to have a Tiki Drummer on the back of the removable front. Bob also detailed out almost all the Tiki Gods in the front garden.

The level of detail, once you really start looking at the pieces, is absolutely insane. Bob Olszewski deserves a ton of credit for all his work on this.

Also highly recommend if you are interested in continuing the collection to check out the main website at www.olszeweskistudios.com and getting on their mailing list. They actually just sent out a mailer detailing stock status for various pieces both through DelivEars for the main pieces and Olszewski Studios for the accessories, including the Main Street Platform Base.

Again, hope you enjoy the collection. It truly is something special.

Thanks for the tips on the details and the newsletter!! I am planning on gettiing the Alice/Toad piece in November... I think I should have the money for it by then. Then I guess i'll start saving for the next release of the platform. Gosh. Olszewski pieces, vinylmation, D23 merchandise, my monorail set, and I have no idea what else... haha Disney gets.... 99.9% of the money I make... haha. But I do enjoy the merchandise more than the green paper!!

• Future Animator

WOW... I just bought my first Main Street collection... the Sleeping Beauty castle! I have only seen it when they sold it to me and showed that all the lights worked and everything looked fine, but I have yet to open it at home. I would love to buy the full set myself and place it under the coffee table or something like I've seen other people do. But I would really like the whole park, if Olszewski does the whole park. Only thing is, where to put it?

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Thanks for the tips on the details and the newsletter!! I am planning on gettiing the Alice/Toad piece in November... I think I should have the money for it by then. Then I guess i'll start saving for the next release of the platform. Gosh. Olszewski pieces, vinylmation, D23 merchandise, my monorail set, and I have no idea what else... haha Disney gets.... 99.9% of the money I make... haha. But I do enjoy the merchandise more than the green paper!!

Well, the "good" news is Alice/Toad have been delayed to next year, so save your pennies. Preliminary schedule for 2010 looks like:

February/March - Alice/Toad

April/May - Wave 3 of the MSEP floats

July - Monsanto House of the Future

November/December - Snow White

So, there you have it. Make sure you're on the mailing list for updates and, if asked, I'll post the stock status lists releases this week here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    WOW... I just bought my first Main Street collection... the Sleeping Beauty castle! I have only seen it when they sold it to me and showed that all the lights worked and everything looked fine, but I have yet to open it at home. I would love to buy the full set myself and place it under the coffee table or something like I've seen other people do. But I would really like the whole park, if Olszewski does the whole park. Only thing is, where to put it?
    If it helps for space configurations, Main Street, when on the platform, is 6 ft long by 2 1/2 ft wide. Projected size for Fantasyland base is 3 ft long by 2 1/2 ft wide, so all told, need a space 9 ft in length and about 3 ft in width, so slightly longer than the average dining room table.

Think the Castle is nice? Wait until you see Central Plaza and all the other pieces. They're truly glorious.

Thanks for the info, and if you could, please do post the stock lists That is actually good that they are delaying the pieces... (for me anyway) I might actually be able to get all 4 pieces next year!! I am hoping that some good deals will come up on ebay soon like my $100 magic shop!! Thanks again for the info and updates!

First things first: Do NOT ebay. They will rob you blind if they can. Olszewski pieces are always overpriced, sometimes by double. Be assured, almost all the pieces will come back into stock at Disneyland.

Anyway, here are the stock lists, at least as of Monday:

Buildings and Accessories Available through Disneyland 1-800-Delivears or visit the Park to obtain items.

* In-Stock:
    o Sleeping Beauty Castle
    o Electrical Parade - Set #1
    o Electrical Parade - Set #2
    o Disneyland Marquee
    o Moonliner - Rocket to the Moon
    o Monorail Mark I
    * Just arrived:
    o Accessory Pack #1 - Ticket Gates
    o Emporium
    o King Triton's Garden
    o Mad Tea Party Attraction
    * Low Stock:
    o Plaza Pavilion with Enchanted Tiki Room
    o Town Square
    o Haunted Mansion
    o Mark Twain Riverboat
    o Jungle Cruise
    * Very Low Stock:
    o Castle Bros ~ Disney Clothiers ~ East Center Street
    o Crystal Arts ~ China Closet ~ Main Street Photo ~ East Plaza Street
    o Peter Pan's Flight
    o Main Street Station

Platform and Accessories available at the Olszewski Studios Online Store.

* In Stock:
    o Disneyland Main Street Platform (only 3 left from November 2009 production - not producing again until 2011 or 2012. Please send email to Olszewski Studios if interested in purchasing one of these 3 remaining platforms.
    o Tree Accessory Pack #2 (less than 15 available)
    o Platform and Buildings Touch-Up Paint Kit (less than 15 available)
    o Platform Lighting Kit
    o Haunted Mansion Attraction Scene Light Displays
    o Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction Scene Light Displays

Oh, almost forgot. Direct link to the Disney Gallery page. Has photos of all pieces, prices and more information. http://www.certain.com/system/profil...rPage=location
    Last edited by WarriorPoets; 09-25-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Forgot a website link.

Thanks again for posting all the info... ugh so tempting to call and buy another piece. I must resist for the moment though... My rule for ebay is that if it is under or at the price listed on the Disney gallery (plus $10 or so for shipping) They're ok to buy.
    But I most definitely see what you mean, because someone has the main street station listed for $600+... crazy!

^I'm right there with ya on that eBay rule. I got two or three pieces at a significant discount just for buying at the right time on eBay.

@WarriorPoets:

So for that list of in-stock pieces...I know you said its a list of what's available Delivears or at the park, so my question is this:

If an item is listed as in stock, but not on display in any of the shops at Disneyland, is it still available to be purchased there? Or is it just through Delivears in that case? Just curiosity on that...it's much easier to pick them up at the park since I'm there so often.

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
    ^I'm right there with ya on that eBay rule. I got two or three pieces at a significant discount just for buying at the right time on eBay.

@WarriorPoets:

So for that list of in-stock pieces...I know you said its a list of what's available Delivears or at the park, so my question is this:

If an item is listed as in stock, but not on display in any of the shops at Disneyland, is it still available to be purchased there? Or is it just through Delivears in that case? Just curiosity on that...it's much easier to pick them up at the park since I'm there so often.
    Good question. I know that when I worked there, we always had what we had in stock on display, but not everyone is as diligent as I was about getting the stuff out. If all else fails, ask. And be aware, there are three sites on the grounds that carry Olszewskis: Disneyana, World of Disney and Off the Page. If one does not have it, the other might.

Yeah, that's about what I thought. Guess when it comes time to pick up my next piece here in a couple weeks, I'll give it a shot in the park, and then go to delivears if they don't have what I'm looking for.

On the subject of Delivears...I've never actually ordered through them before. Do you (or anyone here actually) know if the AP discount still applies, or is that only in-park?

Quote Originally Posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
    Yeah, that's about what I thought. Guess when it comes time to pick up my next piece here in a couple weeks, I'll give it a shot in the park, and then go to delivears if they don't have what I'm looking for.

On the subject of Delivears...I've never actually ordered through them before. Do you (or anyone here actually) know if the AP discount still applies, or is that only in-park?
    To the best of my knowledge, it does. Lots of APers who can't make it down to the parks use DelivEars. Again, call and check.

Oh, and this is worth mentioning: no discounts on anything through Olszewski Studios, since, while designed to work WITH Disney, they bear no trademarks, so no Disney discounts apply.

You can also get a 10% discount at DelivEars if you use a Disney Visa card!

oooooh 10%.... sounds like We might have to get a new card for my olszewski purchases....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast