Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

Heh. Actually just going posting here since most posts I make to the Yahoo! group make the group go dead these days. I do what I can to keep people interested in the collection, given we have a long way to go until the next major release.

I wish I had been collecting during the initial start, I bet the posts and comments were fast and furious. Are there other forums that you post on regarding the Olszewski pieces?

Currently, no. Just here and on the Yahoo! page. Check back over the Yahoo! posts and you'll see the details I offered at the time.

I check the Yahoo page pretty much on a daily basis. Cindy and you do some solid posts with lots of information.

Well, living away from the parks makes it loads harder than it used to be. Best I can do now is react to the news as it comes in, offer analysis and review of the pieces once I get them. I miss being in the thick of it and really getting some meat out to the public.

Hmm... I'm looking at a few $100 ebay deals...I just can't stop looking for the next piece!!

It is addicting! Once you start, it becomes like a mission to get the next piece and inch closer to completing the collection.

Indeed. It's only worse when you attend events, you get done buying the latest piece, then hear Bob and Travis gushing about what's next. You're happy with what you just bought, but darned if you don't want what's next right then and there!

Isn't that human nature?...LOL..did you use to work at the Disney Gallery when it was originally above POTC? Are you planning on picking up a Fantasyland platform down the road?

• Disneyland Fan

I remember when I first bought the Olszewski Platform, I hated looking at the empty spaces- I just had to fill them! I'm kinda glad that releases has slowed a bit because I have time to save money.
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Isn't that human nature?...LOL..did you use to work at the Disney Gallery when it was originally above POTC? Are you planning on picking up a Fantasyland platform down the road?
    Oh yes, every time I visited the park, the Gallery and Disneyana were my last stops: Gallery to see it all put together, Disneyana to see previews of upcoming pieces. Really do hope the Olszewski Main Street will be set up in the Gallery again.

As for Fantasyland, yes, I do want to get it. The only challenges will be space and cost. Hey, already got all the Fantasyland pieces so far (Tea Party, Dumbo and Peter Pan, plus the Princess accessories) so it's an easy jump to working to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by tahnee View Post
    I remember when I first bought the Olszewski Platform, I hated looking at the empty spaces- I just had to fill them! I'm kinda glad that releases has slowed a bit because I have time to save money.
    My wife just bought me the Emporium for my birthday (what a wonderful woman I married) and I just need the Penny Arcade to complete my main street platform! So I understand your feeling when you were working on yours.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    Oh yes, every time I visited the park, the Gallery and Disneyana were my last stops: Gallery to see it all put together, Disneyana to see previews of upcoming pieces. Really do hope the Olszewski Main Street will be set up in the Gallery again.

As for Fantasyland, yes, I do want to get it. The only challenges will be space and cost. Hey, already got all the Fantasyland pieces so far (Tea Party, Dumbo and Peter Pan, plus the Princess accessories) so it's an easy jump to working to finish it.
    I was wondering if you ordered a plexiglass cover for your platform? Rumor has it that you would be able to attach the Fantasyland base to Main Street (or keep it separate). If I do decide to attach it, I may not order my cover, but then that means several more years of not displaying it (since dust is a killer).

I can see what you mean about dust being a problem...

Actually, I've displayed mine without the cover for at least a year and a half and dust hasn't seemed to be a big problem, but living in KY and climate may be part of it. The big reason I said no to a cover is two: cost and weight. I can't afford a 400 custom plexi cover right now and honestly, I do like reaching into the setup and moving things around, characters, vehicles, what have you.

I may change my mind, but so far, dust isn't, or at least is not currently, a major issue here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast