Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    Hello All,

My wife and I have made the plunge into the world of Olszewski Main Street Miniatures. We started with the MSEP #1 piece, which we purchased at Disneyland. Then, after seeing how nicely the whole Main Street collection fits on the platform (on Bruce Richards fan site), we decided that we would have room enough to start the collection. (Enough money is another matter!) We have ordered a platform from the recent batch sold by Olszewski. As Tahnee suggested to someone else, we will get the Fantasyland pieces as they are released while working on acquiring the older Main Street pieces. We're very excited.

By the way, this is my first post since April of 07.

Tiki God
    Welcome back and congratulations on starting your Olszewski collection journey. I remember picking up my first piece (the Haunted Mansion) in Sept. 2006 at Disneyland. I also saw the platform set-up at the Disney Gallery and while impressed, did not think I would ever get a complete set due to the cost and number of pieces. Well, here it is three years later, and all I need is the Crystal Arcade. Like you, I ordered a platform from the second production round. Best of luck in completing your collection and enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Welcome back and congratulations on starting your Olszewski collection journey. I remember picking up my first piece (the Haunted Mansion) in Sept. 2006 at Disneyland. I also saw the platform set-up at the Disney Gallery and while impressed, did not think I would ever get a complete set due to the cost and number of pieces. Well, here it is three years later, and all I need is the Crystal Arcade. Like you, I ordered a platform from the second production round. Best of luck in completing your collection and enjoy the ride!
    So, when you planning on picking up the Arcade? It's actually a really nice small piece, especially with the detail on the watch shop.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    So, when you planning on picking up the Arcade? It's actually a really nice small piece, especially with the detail on the watch shop.
    According to Travis, the Arcade will be available again in December from Delivears/Disneyland. I had actually won one on Ebay a couple of months ago, but when I turned on the lights, there were several hairline cracks in the roof. I eventually returned it, but Travis later told me that I could just cover it up with the paint kit. I heard this was a common problem with the piece?

According to Travis, the Arcade will be available again in December from Delivears/Disneyland. I had actually won one on Ebay a couple of months ago, but when I turned on the lights, there were several hairline cracks in the roof. I eventually returned it, but Travis later told me that I could just cover it up with the paint kit. I heard this was a common problem with the piece?
    Not in my experience. Granted, I got my piece day of release, but in my time working at Disney, I never heard about this issue or any thing like it with any of the Olszewskis. The only time we ever got an Olszewski return was a guy who just didn't want the pieces anymore. Actually, I think he was just trying to use the funds for something else, but that's neither here nor there.

Then again, we had a guy trying to return his day of issue first edition SIGNED SB Castle once because we wanted the more modern design. I was willing to do it, but I looked him dead in the eye and told him "Uh, I really don't think you want to do that."

Wow the entire set's on Ebay for $4000... Pretty good deal, but 1. who has $4000 to spend all at once in this economy and 2. You miss out on the fun of collecting each piece and enjoying them as you receive them... but you know if you find yourself with an extra $4000 in your pocket... (like that ever happens! )

I got the City Hall/Fire Station for christmas... WOW! The only thing is im going to have to buy one of the touch up paint kits eventually because I noticed a small crack near the roof that lifts off of walt's apartment... and yet again I was amazed by the detail, even inside the fire station! WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I got the City Hall/Fire Station for christmas... WOW! The only thing is im going to have to buy one of the touch up paint kits eventually because I noticed a small crack near the roof that lifts off of walt's apartment... and yet again I was amazed by the detail, even inside the fire station! WOW!
    Oh yeah, that one's a classic. That Bob designed it so you get a version of Walt's Light out through the window is fantastic, plus detailing out the fire station interior and the fire wagon.

Then again, would you expect anything less from Bob?

Can't wait to see what the new year brings. Hoping sometime in January to get some word on Toad/Alice and whatever else is to come.

• Disneyland Fan

Congratulations on your cool Christmas gift! Sorry about the crack, hopefully you'll be able to repair it. Hope you don't have to wait till next Christmas for your next piece .
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Hey there WarriorPoets...Happy New Year! I finally picked up the Crystal Arcade last week and had a question for you. The letter "P" in the Penny Arcade sign does not show well when the Arcade is lit up. There seems to be some excessive paint covering it up so the light is blocked out. Is this normal or should I consider exchanging it with Disney for another piece?

Hey there WarriorPoets...Happy New Year! I finally picked up the Crystal Arcade last week and had a question for you. The letter "P" in the Penny Arcade sign does not show well when the Arcade is lit up. There seems to be some excessive paint covering it up so the light is blocked out. Is this normal or should I consider exchanging it with Disney for another piece?
    I actually went and checked out my miniature to get an idea on how mine looked and my "P" stood out fine. If you think it is paint, take a thumbtack and CAREFULLY remove the paint layer. But above all, if you are not satisfied with the piece, contact Disney and get it exchanged.

I actually went and checked out my miniature to get an idea on how mine looked and my "P" stood out fine. If you think it is paint, take a thumbtack and CAREFULLY remove the paint layer. But above all, if you are not satisfied with the piece, contact Disney and get it exchanged.
    Mahalo for the advice...I will give it a shot tonight! I hate to go through the trouble of returning it, but agreed, if not satisfied, I better make the effort.

Mahalo for the advice...I will give it a shot tonight! I hate to go through the trouble of returning it, but agreed, if not satisfied, I better make the effort.
    Sounds good, but above all, if you do not feel comfortable making an alteration, it's worth the hassle to exchange and get it right the first time rather than have that pressure of wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by tahnee View Post
    Congratulations on your cool Christmas gift! Sorry about the crack, hopefully you'll be able to repair it. Hope you don't have to wait till next Christmas for your next piece .
    I hope not too.. haha. I have a little envelope that is my "Main Street Fund" and it seems to be growing rather quickly so it shouldn't be too too long til I get my next piece... I'd really like to get the opera house, market house, or train station... have we heard anything about the new releases yet? prototypes?

I hope not too.. haha. I have a little envelope that is my "Main Street Fund" and it seems to be growing rather quickly so it shouldn't be too too long til I get my next piece... I'd really like to get the opera house, market house, or train station... have we heard anything about the new releases yet? prototypes?
    Just posted in a new thread here about it, but in short: Bob will be at the NFFC event on Jan. 17th at the Crown Plaza in Anaheim. The display boxes for Peter Pan will be on sale at the event and retail for $30 a piece.

The Monorail Track for the Main Street Platform goes on sale through Bob's site in February.

Expect some word about when Toad/Alice is coming out at the Jan. 17th event.

There ya go.

Finally set up my platform and received my last piece from Disney Delivears (the Crystal Arcade). Now to begin the wiring for lights....

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast