Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Finally set up my platform and received my last piece from Disney Delivears (the Crystal Arcade). Now to begin the wiring for lights....
    Say it before, say it again: go slow, have patience, have help to lift the pieces free and take your time. Also, leave the platform up on the wood blocks for the time being since the monorail pylons will be shipping in early March.

Post pictures when you're done, dying to see!

Thanks for the encouragement and advice Matt! I am going to take my time because I don't want to end up blowing the whole thing to bits.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice Matt! I am going to take my time because I don't want to end up blowing the whole thing to bits.
    You will not blow the whole thing up. The only piece you have to be wary about connecting is the marquee, since the original directions were wrong. But everything else is fine. Also be aware of when you put the road back in place after connecting all the pieces that the trees on the pieces overhang the road. You'll need to sort of angle them on the edge of the platform to allow for clearance. So don't put the larger tree accessories in place until the road is down.

Thanks for the good advice Matt! I read that even the fire hydrant connection on the Marquee had a problem. I will probably wire that last.

Thanks for the good advice Matt! I read that even the fire hydrant connection on the Marquee had a problem. I will probably wire that last.
    Logistically, that's what worked for me too, since I needed everything else in place to position it just right. Just be patient, take your time and be careful of little pieces sticking out. Don't "dress" the pieces (that is, put roofs or flags etc.) in place until everything is placed. Also, I always work with the collection in short sleeves if not just a place white tee since I'm worried about sleeve fabric snagging something.

First I've heard of the switch malfunctioning, the only issue I'm aware of was mislabeled wiring. Just make sure you contact Olszewski and make sure your wiring directions for the sign are correct. Everything else is pretty easy to connect, which is good.

I must agree about the working in Short sleeves thing... I was doing something with my City Hall piece, and the flag on top snagged on my shirt. Thankfully it just pulled out, but if I had moved almost any other way than I did, I probably would have broken the piece that holds the flag in.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I must agree about the working in Short sleeves thing... I was doing something with my City Hall piece, and the flag on top snagged on my shirt. Thankfully it just pulled out, but if I had moved almost any other way than I did, I probably would have broken the piece that holds the flag in.
    Happens more often than you would guess. A little resin putty can fix it, but prevention is the easiest solution to the problem.

Can't wait to see everything when it's finished. I'll probably be taking photos of my collection once Toad arrives and I'll post the link then.

How many pieces are included in each release? First edition? Subsequent "open" editions? Just curious.

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    How many pieces are included in each release? First edition? Subsequent "open" editions? Just curious.

Tiki God
    Well, with Main Street, it varied, either one or two pieces at a time. But we haven't seen two pieces released at one since at least 2006. If you're talking number of pieces, since they're not numbered, it's impossible to say. I know things have changed since I worked for the Mouse, but for the smaller pieces of Main Street, we usually had 4 to 6 in stock while the larger pieces like the train station, Jungle Cruise, Mansion etc were usually 2 or 3 at a time.

I was wondering about how many of each piece were made... For example, when the first edition Emporium was released, how many were made in total? 100? 250? Then, in subsequent "open" edition releases, how many Emporiums were made? I'm just curious as to how many of these things are being made and sold. Tiki God
    Last edited by Tiki God; 03-29-2010 at 06:25 PM.
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    I was wondering about how many of each piece were made... For example, when the first edition Emporium was released, how many were made in total? 100? 250? Then, in subsequent "open" edition releases, how many Emporiums were made? I'm just curious as to how many of these things are being made and sold. Tiki God
    Impossible to say since all the pieces are open editions and they're not numbered. Only people who might know would being either Olszewski or one of the marketing people at DIsney.

Finally recouped some money in my I-want-disney fund, and I'm looking to buy a new piece... especially looking at the Train Station. After 2 blown auctions at the last minute, I decided ebay is going to cause me to stab my computer. I did, however, see the Train station piece on another site for a total of $320 with shipping. Sounds like a ton, but when I consider the $245-$270 price range on ebay, plus $25 or so for shipping, is it really that bad of a price? Or am I just suffering from Lost-auction syndrome?

I know that the prices go up on each rerelease. Does anyone know the approximate price on the train station last time it was released? Any good sites or deals that I could find anywhere?

I really wanted to make this my iconic big-piece purchase, because after all, it is the train station! However, If it was cheap enough, I'd settle for the opera house if it can be found anywhere ($240 from Disney sounds a little steep when I could throw in a little more money and have the train station).

Thanks! Hoping to be able to spend this money I have saved... it's burning a hole in my pocket!

Are the prices going up with the reissues? I did not know that. The only items that I know had gone up over time were the Platform and the Castle, didn't know about the Train Station. I'll look into the original price point and get back to you on that one.

I really do want to stress I think it's better to just buy the pieces as they are reissued as the mark up on ebay will always be more than retail, sometimes significantly. Patience, Bob has a commitment with Disney to get the pieces out as long as there is a demand. This is not going anywhere and hopefully, the market is being refreshed by Fantasyland and other people discovering the collection.

From what i've experienced, yes. I called the other day and the Opera House was $240, which is $50 higher than the original $180.

EDIT: I bought the castle for $275 on ebay, which is $25 under the updated price. I called Disneyland today, and checked on the 3 closest pieces to the 3 pieces I own, and found a $55-$80 increase on each piece (market house, train station, and emporium), Plus shipping. It just didnt seem worth it when I could wait for a deal or go to a park shopping site and get about the same price with shipping included. I just dont really like the fact that the castle's on the complete opposite end of main street. Here we go... hoping to have the money for the House of the Future piece in July!
    Last edited by Epcot2000; 06-23-2010 at 05:42 PM.

This is a train track question for the experts. I plan on connecting the fantasyland platform to my main street platform. How will that affect my train track? Will it all have to be redone? Thanks

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast