Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Re: Questions about the Main Street Set

You shouldn't have to do anything to your Mainstreet platform as the piece of track found at the back of the Fantasyland platform is meant for some collectors to eventually install a second train track that would hook to the now unused straight piece of track at the front of the Mainstreet platform. This is what I gathered from talking to Travis at one of the signing events. I would imagine that you would need some sort of makeshift platform extensions to do so, or perhaps there will be future platforms for the rest of the park,

If you go here: Olszewski Disneyland miniatures - July 18, 2010
    you can see pictures of the prototype Fantasyland platform and how it will connect to the Mainstreet platform.

Does that mean that the loop will not go all the way around any longer. It seems as if it would go right through the middle of fantasyland.

I do not think there are plans to alter the current train loop. It will split the castle from the rest of Fantasyland. I kind of like the look of the Fantasyland platform as a stand alone.

I'm not CERTAIN, but it looks like if Main Street and Fantasyland are joined together, it will be possible to alter the path of the train to go around both pieces. That's just the feeling I'm getting, especially since it would look awful for the train to just cut through Fantasyland.

I'm not sure if I can do this, but I'm thinking that I'm not gonna set up the main street train if i'm going to connect the platforms. Rather than modifying the train each time a new part of the park comes out, i'd wait til the entire park is finished with the train going around it like it actually does (That is, IF we get the entire park... im hoping and praying eventually we do.)

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I'm not sure if I can do this, but I'm thinking that I'm not gonna set up the main street train if i'm going to connect the platforms. Rather than modifying the train each time a new part of the park comes out, i'd wait til the entire park is finished with the train going around it like it actually does (That is, IF we get the entire park... im hoping and praying eventually we do.)
    You must have a pretty big spare room if you're able to display the entire park! I'm going to have space issues just trying to connect Fantasyland to Main Street...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    You must have a pretty big spare room if you're able to display the entire park! I'm going to have space issues just trying to connect Fantasyland to Main Street...LOL!
    Well I'm looking at it like this... By the time I would be able to get the entire park i'd probably have something figured out (aka my own house). And as far as just the main street platform goes... Who needs a bed anyway? haha...

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Well I'm looking at it like this... By the time I would be able to get the entire park i'd probably have something figured out (aka my own house). And as far as just the main street platform goes... Who needs a bed anyway? haha...
    I like your outlook! I am sure you are going to have your own Disneyland set up down the road!

The setup is half the fun. I personally don't mind setting up the track and then redoing it as necessary. I could use the practice. My only worry is tearing out track. Is is difficult and damaging to remove track that has been layed and ballast put it? I just don't want to damage my platform. If it happens, could there possibly be anything more awesome to a disney geek than to have the whole park?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominator View Post
    The setup is half the fun. I personally don't mind setting up the track and then redoing it as necessary. I could use the practice. My only worry is tearing out track. Is is difficult and damaging to remove track that has been layed and ballast put it? I just don't want to damage my platform. If it happens, could there possibly be anything more awesome to a disney geek than to have the whole park?
    I'm just thinking about time frames with my collecting. I have quite a bit of main street to go, and when i'm done, i'm sure i'll want to jump right into fantasyland, so I don't know about the track. But as I said, i'm just talking. I have no idea what i'm actually going to do. But I completely agree with the whole park thing! My own Disneyland! Now we need a shrinking machine! haha.

Honestly, unless you MUST do it, I'd just leave the track be until we know what Bob is up to. Although, to be honest, what it sounds like is going to happen is you will be able to adjust the track to go around MS and Fantasyland while the spur track where, ideally, the hand cart should be will end up being extended to go around the entire park.

I wish I knew for certain, but being stuck doing these thoughts from 2000 miles away and having not spoken directly to Bob or Travis for four years makes things challenging to say the least.

Heading to Disneyland next week and will be staying at the Grand Californian Hotel! I'll probably pick up the third release of the Main Street Electrical Parade since I passed on the on-line ordering. My enthusiasm for this series is somewhat dampened until we can actually have it move around the MS platform (I know Bruce Richards is working on a system so here's hoping)!

1. Lucky!! Have a great time!
    2. I agree. I'm not even sure i'd put the pieces on the platform if they dont move... and I'd love to see the system have the pieces move out the the side of the platform, as it doesn't make sense to have the parade there in the daytime, and it does look a little strange. Wouldn't lighting be another issue with having them move? But I agree, I'm so hoping that something gets worked out, as it opens the door to so many opportunities, having parades move... maybe even families? who knows!

Thanks....I am looking forward to the trip! I was in Tokyo Disneyland in 2008 so I am ready for a fix.
    If I remember correctly, you need to keep the floats on the base for the lighting effect. So if you want it all lit up, you would need to put the complete wooden base on top of the Main Street road which seems kind of strange (not even sure if it will fit). I suppose you could line it up on a shelf above the platform, but again, it kind of defeats the whole purpose. I would rather save the money and spend it on upcoming pieces and the eventual Fantasyland platform.

• Mililani, Hawaii

I liked the concept of the hidden Mickey - Like in the castle piece. Were others put in the other pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    Just want to add my congratulations to you on starting the collection. Always nice to see someone new introduced to the Collection.

One thing I would suggest is be sure to look for the little "extras" in the pieces. For example: the roof comes off the fire station in City Hall so you can see Walt's Apartment, plus the fire engine is removable so details in the station can be seen. And yes, there is a version of Walt's Light out the Apartment window.

A roof comes off Sleeping Beauty Castle, so you have an image of Philip about to wake Aurora from the Dioramas. Plus, the famous Golden Rivet is visable in the courtyard of the castle, as is the Time Castle marker in the forecourt.

The front comes off the Enchanted Tiki Room so you can peer inside. Also nice to have a Tiki Drummer on the back of the removable front. Bob also detailed out almost all the Tiki Gods in the front garden.

The level of detail, once you really start looking at the pieces, is absolutely insane. Bob Olszewski deserves a ton of credit for all his work on this.

Also highly recommend if you are interested in continuing the collection to check out the main website at www.olszeweskistudios.com and getting on their mailing list. They actually just sent out a mailer detailing stock status for various pieces both through DelivEars for the main pieces and Olszewski Studios for the accessories, including the Main Street Platform Base.

Again, hope you enjoy the collection. It truly is something special.
    Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
    Club 33: A really big fan...
    Olszewski Fan

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast