Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast

• King of Los Angeles

Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

Defiinitely worth it, and DisneyStore is having some sales this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I haven't seen the DS one but it's $17-20 I think. Compare that to $50. I don't know how much you care about scale because that could differ. The Expensive version also talks and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    JediMelmac, going off of memory and I could be wrong as I don't own either version of Lotso, The DS one is smaller and the fur is less frizzy. The strawberry scent is less strong as well.

Just holding the box of TSC Lotso, I think the scent may be enough to induce headaches in me. I'd hate to open it up and have to say "and I thought they smelled bad on the outside"

Btw, the scent on both is not so much fresh strawberries as it is artificial strawberry flavoring.

If you're still undecided but would like a plush Lotso, I'm sure DS will have a small beanbag version soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboDad View Post
    You are spot on brand42. I own the TSC Lotso, and happened to see the DS version last weekend, and there is no comparison. The DS version is noticeably smaller, the fur is not as plush, the eyebrows are the wrong color (they are the same as the rest of the body, instead of the darker color they should be), the scent is almost non-existent (some might prefer that, though ), and there is no open mouth, just an embroidered "smile". And looking at the DS web site photo again, it also looks like the feet are wrong.
    Thanks a lot for all of your opinions. The last time I was at a DS, the stuffed toys were 2 for $25 (so $12.50 each). I still haven't made up my mind yet (although since I haven't been able to find the TSC Lotso in stores). Maybe Ill wait for the movie because if Lotso turns out to be mean, I may not want him I have only seen the trailers also try to stay away from spoilers so I am not totally sure of his personality. I am definitely waiting for Bullseye though

Hello everyone! I love this forum and this is my first time posting. I am a HUGE Toy Story fan and the new toys are amazing. Just like other members of this forum, I buy two of the same toy. One I keep in the box and the other one I open to play with.
    Spoiler
    To date I have the Toy Story Collection Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Rex, The Bucket O Soldiers, Mr. Potato Head, RC, Jessie, and Lots O Huggin' Bear. I have all of them that are out and keeping a close eye out for Bullseye! I E-mailed Jenny from Thinkway Toys several times and told her that for Wave 3 we need a Stinky Pete to complete the Roundup Gang and an Evil Emperior Zurg. She said it was a possibility that we'll see them as they haven't finalized wave 3 yet. I believe it is a good idea because Lotso is the bad guy in Toy Story 3 so why not have villans from the past come out in toy form?
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 05-30-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Spoilers within.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

*pulls an Oedipus and rips eyes out to avoid MORE spoilers.*

While I have my ideas, I still try to retain some surprises in the movie!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Yah, for reals. Thanks for biting the bullet, Yo yo. Let's all keep spoilers to ourselves please! This is just to talk about the toys!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Hello again. I'm not 100% sure. Just from looking at the trailers it seems that way. SO SORRY! He may not be as the toy is very nice. I love him either way, good or bad. My fav toy though has to be the Woody doll. It just makes me mad that the doesn't say, "Somebody's Poisoned the Water Hole" and that his face isn't really accurate. But he still looks movie authentic.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Star Song View Post
    Hello everyone! I love this forum and this is my first time posting. I am a HUGE Toy Story fan and the new toys are amazing. Just like other members of this forum, I buy two of the same toy. One I keep in the box and the other one I open to play with.
    Spoiler
    To date I have the Toy Story Collection Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Rex, The Bucket O Soldiers, Mr. Potato Head, RC, Jessie, and Lots O Huggin' Bear. I have all of them that are out and keeping a close eye out for Bullseye! I E-mailed Jenny from Thinkway Toys several times and told her that for Wave 3 we need a Stinky Pete to complete the Roundup Gang and an Evil Emperior Zurg. She said it was a possibility that we'll see them as they haven't finalized wave 3 yet. I believe it is a good idea because Lotso is the bad guy in Toy Story 3 so why not have villans from the past come out in toy form?
    I don't entirely understand why that entire thing is a spoiler... I get the last sentence... but why the whole thing?

So I think I've decided to return Lotso to Toys-R-Us (luckily I haven't opened him yet), and buy Buzz. I think Lotso is a poor choice for my second TS Collection toy. Especially considering I don't plan on collecting the entire Collection.
    I'm going to wait till after I see TS3 though, for all I know I might love Lotso

My fav toy though has to be the Woody doll. It just makes me mad that the doesn't say, "Somebody's Poisoned the Water Hole" and that his face isn't really accurate. But he still looks movie authentic.
    Thank you! That's one of my huge issues with the Woody doll. (The others being his inaccurate voice and lack of pull-string realism).
    His face is just not what it looks like in the movie.
    Yeah maybe he looks happier than he does in the movie.
    This is what Woody's "neutral" toy face looks like:

versus the open-mouth TSC Woody:

Although I would say that the TSC Woody looks a little more friendly
    Last edited by Awesome; 05-31-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Great job posting the comparison pics, Awesome. I completely agree with you on the face and voice. I don't understand why they always slack on Woody. None of the Woody dolls have Tom Hank's voice but Buzz and all of the others do. And on my Toy Story Collection Jessie, her pull string ring is small just like the movie. Besides her face, and her voice coming out of the speakers in the top of her head, she is pretty movie authentic. Also, they say her voice is the original voice, but I don't hear it. And once again to everyone, I am sorry for the theory spoiler.

• MiceChat Moderator

I think Woody was originally supposed to have the movie-accurate likeness in the beginning but I think someone down the line changed it to make him smiling. It's still a great likeness but not "andy's toy".

And Jessie is not the original voice. Not anymore. There's older jessie dolls that ARE the original voice but not the new one. The packaging is tricky... it reads: Original Toy Sayings or something to that nature. Very tricky!

Her likeness is disappointing too. Bummer, I'm beginning to lose enthusiasm about this line.

And, Awesome, definitely get Buzz. That's the best $50 you can spend on this toyline. Paying $50 for everyone else just doesn't feel right when you see how detailed Buzz is.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

And once again to everyone, I am sorry for the theory spoiler.
    No worries.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• we jumped out a window

Those of us that are spoiler filled are feeling so handcuffed!

And, Awesome, definitely get Buzz. That's the best $50 you can spend on this toyline. Paying $50 for everyone else just doesn't feel right when you see how detailed Buzz is.
    Awesome, I bought TSC Buzz from TRU for $40 two weeks ago. I have a feeling that we'll see that sale price again as we get closer to June 18.

• Wilderness Explorer

I think Woody was originally supposed to have the movie-accurate likeness in the beginning but I think someone down the line changed it to make him smiling. It's still a great likeness but not "andy's toy".

And Jessie is not the original voice. Not anymore. There's older jessie dolls that ARE the original voice but not the new one. The packaging is tricky... it reads: Original Toy Sayings or something to that nature. Very tricky!

Her likeness is disappointing too. Bummer, I'm beginning to lose enthusiasm about this line.

As am I .
    I am excited for Bullseye though. To me he looks like one of the most movie-accurate ones yet. However, I don't like how they added the vibrating feature. What the heck?! Bullseye doesn't vibrate in the movie.
    Now they're just making stuff up so they can throw electronics in the toys and slap a $60 price tag on them.

Pretty much everything I've heard about Buzz is amazingness.
    I'll definitely be grabbing him within the next week.
    But I've always loved Woody, and it's sort of disappointing that the Buzz toy sort of kicks Woody's ***.

Yeah, I have to agree with these statements. There are inaccuracies with every single toy they have made thus far. Woody (obvious), Buzz (obvious though he is the most accurate), RC (won't allow himself to run into things like in the first movie), Potato Head (those darn legs that can't be removed and no individual eyes), The Bucket O' Soldiers (the bucket isn't big enough and mine came with like 5 Sarges as opposed to one), Rex (jaw isn't hinged), Little Green Men (don't squeak), Jessie (don't get me started on that), and Lotso (doesn't have a movie accurate expression in toy mode.) To be honest I am glad that we have better toys but sad that we couldn't get exact replicas like the boxes bost.

• MiceChat Moderator

Yeah, I have to agree with these statements. There are inaccuracies with every single toy they have made thus far. Woody (obvious), Buzz (obvious though he is the most accurate), RC (won't allow himself to run into things like in the first movie), Potato Head (those darn legs that can't be removed and no individual eyes), The Bucket O' Soldiers (the bucket isn't big enough and mine came with like 5 Sarges as opposed to one), Rex (jaw isn't hinged), Little Green Men (don't squeak), Jessie (don't get me started on that), and Lotso (doesn't have a movie accurate expression in toy mode.) To be honest I am glad that we have better toys but sad that we couldn't get exact replicas like the boxes bost.
    Agreed.

And here at last is my latest entry: Jessie.

Super hard to pose because she's a rag doll... but... rubber bands do help.

Buzz flirts

Aw, Coheteboy, you did a great job! The only pic your missing is Mr. Potato Head looking angrily at his children, LOL! Did you notice also that Jessie's hair isn't as long in the back or as thick on top? In the movie pics, Andy sometimes puts Jessie's hair over her shoulder. You can't do it with this doll because the bottom of her hair is all you see. And it's really poofy aslo, he he. I'm really waiting for Bullseye though. It's taking forever to have him come out.

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152237 ... LastLast