Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• Disney Night Owl

Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

Great pictures, Coheteboy!
    I seriously want to get a Jessie of my own. It's weird to hear people saying the voice is off when Joan Cusack is the voice being used for the toy. If you check out the various sites selling her, a feature noted is "Original Voice."

While I love the whole Toy Story crew, Jessie is my only must-buy.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Liz View Post
    Great pictures, Coheteboy!
    I seriously want to get a Jessie of my own. It's weird to hear people saying the voice is off when Joan Cusack is the voice being used for the toy. If you check out the various sites selling her, a feature noted is "Original Voice."

While I love the whole Toy Story crew, Jessie is my only must-buy.

I think the sites have it mistaken because it clearly isn't Joan Cusack's voice in the latest toy. The box packaging cleverly states: "Pull string for original toy phrases" which means that the audio is recorded for the toy, and not necessarily by Joan Cusack.

We all know that Tom Hanks has never voiced a toy for Woody (it's always his brother). His box says the exact same thing: original toy phrases.

On the other hand, you have Buzz, Rex, and Mr. Potato Head packaging that all boast "ORIGINAL VOICE" very specifically.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Wilderness Explorer

Cohete I'm loving the new Jessie photos.
    One thing that I really really want to do (but probably will never get a chance to do). Is recreate the montage of Jessie and her from TS2 owner using photos.
    I'd have my girlfriend play the owner and I'd try to recreate some of the key moments as best as possible.
    The problem is finding a tree with a swing hanging from it haha.

• Disney Night Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I think the sites have it mistaken because it clearly isn't Joan Cusack's voice in the latest toy. The box packaging cleverly states: "Pull string for original toy phrases" which means that the audio is recorded for the toy, and not necessarily by Joan Cusack.

We all know that Tom Hanks has never voiced a toy for Woody (it's always his brother). His box says the exact same thing: original toy phrases.

On the other hand, you have Buzz, Rex, and Mr. Potato Head packaging that all boast "ORIGINAL VOICE" very specifically.
    Yes, I knew about Hanks never doing the voice of any Woody toys (and the sites clearly state that it is not the original voice), but the sites (even Thinkway Toys, themselves) all still declare that Joan Cusack is voicing all current Jessie dolls. Pretty disappointing to hear that it's false advertising then.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    Cohete I'm loving the new Jessie photos.
    One thing that I really really want to do (but probably will never get a chance to do). Is recreate the montage of Jessie and her from TS2 owner using photos.
    I'd have my girlfriend play the owner and I'd try to recreate some of the key moments as best as possible.
    The problem is finding a tree with a swing hanging from it haha.

Thanks! And I was just watching that scene today and thinking how fun it would to photograph something like that. But alas, I don't have a girl to stand-in for that so I'll let you cover that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Liz View Post
    Yes, I knew about Hanks never doing the voice of any Woody toys (and the sites clearly state that it is not the original voice), but the sites (even Thinkway Toys, themselves) all still declare that Joan Cusack is voicing all current Jessie dolls. Pretty disappointing to hear that it's false advertising then.
    ::: Thinkway Toys 2008 Collection ::: - Thinkwaytoys.com

After listening to it again, it sounds like some are her and some are not...perhaps 2 voice actors were used?
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 06-04-2010 at 03:35 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Night Owl

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    ::: Thinkway Toys 2008 Collection ::: - Thinkwaytoys.com

After listening to it again, it sounds like some are her and some are not...perhaps 2 voice actors were used?
    Yes, that's the exact link I used as reference and after asking the company, they confirmed it all should be Joan Cusack. Maybe the recording just sounds a bit off? Not sure but at least we know she is behind all the talking Jessie toys released and not an impostor. Maybe Ms. Cusack doesn't give it her all like she does for the films themselves? Then again, I trust Disney fans more than someone answering questions of consumers, basically giving them the info as listed on the site. There is no real way of being able to confirm unless you ask Ms. Cusack herself I suppose.

Also Thinkway is really awesome if there's a defect or something wrong/broken concerning your toy. I had a broken EVE (the one with changing eyes when you press her head) and after proving I purchased the item, they promptly sent me out a replacement...just the broken piece, not a fully packaged new toy. I was psyched and I fully support their company doing Pixar toys.

Still though, sorry to hear Ms. Cusack doesn't sound like herself.
    Last edited by Disney Liz; 06-04-2010 at 04:39 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator

Odd that it doesn't say "ORIGINAL VOICE" with Rex. Something ain't right.

Wow. This voice thing is getting confusing. I think that Rex does have his original voice as it sounds just like him. I guess Jessie just doesn't sound like herself. I do still wonder though, why they never use Tom Hank's voice on the Woody dolls. Although if not using him, I think his brother was a great choice. I thought it was him until I read this thread and found out it wasn't, he he. I did manage to get Jessie's ponytail to stay a little thinner. I wrapped it tightly in saran wrap and kept it like that for a few days. It isn't as thin as in the movie, but it helped.

• Wilderness Explorer

Thanks! And I was just watching that scene today and thinking how fun it would to photograph something like that. But alas, I don't have a girl to stand-in for that so I'll let you cover that.
    My girlfriend doubts that we'll be able to find the correct setting for said photoshoot but I'll keep my eyes peeled for something that might work.
    She says she'd be down though if we could find somewhere that looks good enough.

Also, I still say it's not Joan Cusack doing the voice of the TS Collection Jessie.
    All of the toys that are definitely the original voices say so on the packaging. Where as her and Woody both don't specify it being the original voice.
    It's bizarre that it says "Original Voice" on the site.
    I listen to it over and over again and it sounds nothing like Joan Cusack. I'm so confused.

EDIT: Lee Unkrich has a formspring page where he actively answers fan questions. I'll ask him on there and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Awesome; 06-05-2010 at 11:50 AM.

• Disney Night Owl

Yup, everyone who has stated that the collectible Jessie is not Joan Cusack is correct. I am really disappointed in the Thinkway staff for saying otherwise and having misleading info on the site. After playing around with the doll myself, listening to her phrases over and over and comparing it to another cheap Jessie (a plastic deluxe electronic figure), there is most certainly a difference. I am pretty bummed and I am holding out on this one. Maybe the limited numbered one (it's out of 2010 dolls) being offered on the day of release of Toy Story 3 will have Joan Cusack's voice? I know it will be $80 after asking at the Disney store but if it's the imitation voice again...I'll pass. Something that turns me off about this upcoming one is that I think (I'm not 100%) that certain doll will have a glittery red hat. It looked like that on the reference picture...ugh.

• MiceChat Moderator

I went to Target today to do some research on the lower priced dolls (non-ToyStoryCollection).

Basically, the lower priced dolls have the same voice tracks, just fewer of them. The $35 Jessie has around 20 sayings while the pricier version we all bought had 33 sayings for $50. As for the way it looks... the doll basically looks the same as the Jessie doll they released for Toy Story 2. So I wonder how much extra "official pixar data" went into it.

Now for the fun part. On the box of the Toy Story 3 $35 Jessie Doll, it DOES in fact say "Original Voice". The $35 Woody doll does NOT.

For the ToyStory Collection $50 dolls, neither says "Original Voice". Very peculiar.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Great news - the Thinkway Twitch, Chunk and Sparks that are available now at Disney Stores ($29.50 for each) are in scale with TSC toys.

I just saw photos of someone's collection on another site and they look great together.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Great news - the Thinkway Twitch, Chunk and Sparks that are available now at Disney Stores ($29.50 for each) are in scale with TSC toys.

I just saw photos of someone's collection on another site and they look great together.

Well, I hope that they're lame characters in the movie so I can save some money! HAHAHHAHAHA!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Well, I hope that they're lame characters in the movie so I can save some money! HAHAHHAHAHA!

You bought Skids and Mudflap. I think it's safe to say you'll want these
    guys as well

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast