Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 617
  1. #466

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    29

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    All of the figures in this line look nice. I need to stop putting it off and start picking these guys up.

  2. #467

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    212

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    In about 2 weeks, all Target stores are going to hold their annual fall toy aisle resets. That's why you see a few toy endcaps devoted to clearanced items currently. The TSC Mr. Potato Head on clearance that I saw a few days ago is a good sign that they won't be carrying them from August to December (when the winter reset occurs).

    I think it's safe to say that they'll trim down considerably on the amount of TS3 toys they carry and the TS section will look like what it did before the movies toys were all released.

    So TRU remains the best bet for movie accurate Ken.

    Thanks guys...I actually called Mattel today and talking ot this lady was like talking to a brick wall. She said, "But the one in the box does look like the one from the movie", so I had to explain how even waht is shown online is diffrent from what you actually get unless you get lucky and find the movie accurate Ken. After talking to her for 10 min she says,"so how can I help you"??? So I went on and tried again to explain it to her and she says, "maybe the lighting in the photo just makes it look diffrent from what you are getting and seeing"! What?AHHHHHH!

    Went to a store we have here in the NW called Fred Meyer, (its like a nice Walmart), had them look in the back and they said all they had was what ever was out and they were ony getting one more box of 4, in the next week. When I went to TRU the other day they dold me they come in boxes of 4, so I am thinking that they must come in boxes of 4 but each palate has X number of boxes in it. The bottom line is this is going to be a hard one.
    Jewish American Disney Princess

  3. #468

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    17,868

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Just got back from the local Target on a run for supplies for the trip to SDCC and saw around 10 TSC Lotsos on clearance for $24.98 each. .

  4. #469

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    29

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by JADP View Post
    Thanks guys...I actually called Mattel today and talking ot this lady was like talking to a brick wall. She said, "But the one in the box does look like the one from the movie", so I had to explain how even waht is shown online is diffrent from what you actually get unless you get lucky and find the movie accurate Ken. After talking to her for 10 min she says,"so how can I help you"??? So I went on and tried again to explain it to her and she says, "maybe the lighting in the photo just makes it look diffrent from what you are getting and seeing"! What?AHHHHHH!
    OH MY GAWWWWWWD! I know... when I asked at the Disney Store and TRU if they had more in back and explained why I was asking, they pretty much thought I had no clue what I was talking about.

    But really, it doesn't make much sense. Why would they logically package the toy with 2 different versions. I bet the factory in China just slapped in what they had available and Mattel Corporate may seriously have no clue that this happened.

    Edit - There are 2 listed on eBay right now for $43.99 if that is worth the extra to you to stop the aggravation of searching.

  5. #470

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    We didn't see any at Target either.
    But we do religiously scan both Barbie and TSC 3 TRU aisles every few days/week. :O None yet.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  6. #471

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    33

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    Question about RC. We recently purchased him and I'm wondering specifically about the antenna that goes into the remote. The one that goes attached to RC himself is fixed but the antenna for the remote easily comes out. Each antenna has sort of like a ribbed flange that when inserted, it pops into place and said flange keeps the antenna from coming out. I've tried pushing the antenna for the remote as far in as possible but doesn't stay fit into the remote as the one in RC does.

    Is this by design? Is it made that way so that one could detach it easily for storage, etc? I don't understand why it has the ribbed flange on it if it's supposed to come undone. While minor, it's still a concern for me...wondering if I got a flawed unit. Could you all with RC tell me how this is for yours?
    Hiya there. I just checked my R.C. and his antennas stay in. Actually, they are kind of hard to get out. Did you try switching the antennas to from what you put in him and which one you put in the remote? (You probably did, just wondering)

  7. #472

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    17,868

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    I couldn't find any Barbie/Ken packs at my local TRU today. And last week at another location, I saw around 7 packs, thought I might strike gold but all I saw were movie inaccurate ones.

    I'm not sure if anyone is collecting the buddy pack pvc's but I got a free poster of them at Comic Con and there are some red sihouettes, presumably of upcoming figures - among them were Babyface, Zurg with a gun, Dolly and Chuckles.

    I also saw a larger Big Baby today at TRU in the deluxe figure line. Actually he's in a 2 pack with somebody else. For those that collect the collector series, namely Buzzed and myself, this Big Baby is probably more accurate to scale.

    Speaking of scale, collector series Lotso is somewhat to scale with TS 3 Lego dump truck



    Welcome to Sunnyside!

  8. #473

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone is collecting the buddy pack pvc's but I got a free poster of them at Comic Con and there are some red sihouettes, presumably of upcoming figures - among them were Babyface, Zurg with a gun, Dolly and Chuckles.
    The more we see these packs, the more we like them! And if Chuckles, Dolly, and Zurg are in, we might have to get some more. I just hate having to buy them with characters we already have. We have so many repeats (namely Woody). I won't get a Bullseye until I see the pack with Jessie again, since we only have 1 Jessie so far...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  9. #474

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    17,868

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Yoyo, unfortunately, I don't have a scanner or else I'd scan the poster. I'll take a photo along with close ups of some of the red silhouettes. There really wasn't anyone at the Mattel setup to ask as the person handing out these posters was a just a model that they hired. I doubt she would have known anything about the toys!

    At least it shows that Chuckles and Dolly is on Mattel's radar and we can get a complete set of Bonnie's toys minus Totoro.

  10. #475

    • Waiting Since 1992
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Springfield, MO....unfortunately.
    Posts
    526

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    I'm totally wanting the Barbie and Ken pack--off to TRU! Thanks for the tip!

  11. #476

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    So far still no luck with Ken.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  12. #477

    • Wilderness Explorer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,340

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone is collecting the buddy pack pvc's but I got a free poster of them at Comic Con and there are some red sihouettes, presumably of upcoming figures - among them were Babyface, Zurg with a gun, Dolly and Chuckles.
    I collect the Buddy Packs . They're a nice affordable way of getting my TS fix.
    I went to comic-con as well and got this really cool poster. The problem is that I wasn't originally intending on getting every single one of them (as long as I had most the characters i was good), but now with this check list, I think I might give in and make sure I get all the variations.

    Guessing by the silhouettes, other unknown ones are another version of Lotso (maybe smiling?), Spanish Buzz (really excited), and Rex with a caution cone on his head (what?!?! I was thinking TS2, but the caution cone is way too small).
    I still really with Mattel would get the rights from Hasbro to make Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head buddy figures. They are literally the only characters they don't make .

    Also, the day I was there I was lucky and they were handing out free buddy packs. Between me, my girlfriend, (and the lady slipping me an extra because I told her one of the ones I wanted that was sold out. Did not ask, she offered), we got Buzz drawing Etch, little green man (my 2nd, so now i might buy a 3rd), and robot/snake. Pretty stoked

  13. #478

    • Waiting Since 1992
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Springfield, MO....unfortunately.
    Posts
    526

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Ok, I ended up taking most of today during my free time to read almost every single post and I'm pretty bummed to find out about the Ken/Barbie drama. TRU has a ton but I didn't think to look through all of them until after I read the posts here. BLAH.

    I want me some movie accurate KEN! *pout*

    Also, movie accurate Barbie would be nice, too, since she looks just as bad as non-movie accurate Ken. Not the old Barbie from the 80's, that's for sure.

    OK, so I'm debating to get Lotso now since most likely Barbie and Ken are out of the picture(unless I find one this weekend or something). I didn't think I'd like the plush but his sayings were really cute and the little one loved it! But 50 bucks?I dunno.....

  14. #479

    • mountains beyond mtns.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    17,868

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    Ok, I ended up taking most of today during my free time to read almost every single post and I'm pretty bummed to find out about the Ken/Barbie drama. TRU has a ton but I didn't think to look through all of them until after I read the posts here. BLAH.

    I want me some movie accurate KEN! *pout*

    Also, movie accurate Barbie would be nice, too, since she looks just as bad as non-movie accurate Ken. Not the old Barbie from the 80's, that's for sure.

    OK, so I'm debating to get Lotso now since most likely Barbie and Ken are out of the picture(unless I find one this weekend or something). I didn't think I'd like the plush but his sayings were really cute and the little one loved it! But 50 bucks?I dunno.....
    Hi SaraNoH. Maybe you can check your local Target for Lotso? Last week when I went there for supplies before the trip to comic con, I saw at least 10 of the TSC Lotsos on clearance for $24.98 each.

    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome
    I collect the Buddy Packs . They're a nice affordable way of getting my TS fix.
    I went to comic-con as well and got this really cool poster. The problem is that I wasn't originally intending on getting every single one of them (as long as I had most the characters i was good), but now with this check list, I think I might give in and make sure I get all the variations.

    Guessing by the silhouettes, other unknown ones are another version of Lotso (maybe smiling?), Spanish Buzz (really excited), and Rex with a caution cone on his head (what?!?! I was thinking TS2, but the caution cone is way too small).
    I still really with Mattel would get the rights from Hasbro to make Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head buddy figures. They are literally the only characters they don't make .

    Also, the day I was there I was lucky and they were handing out free buddy packs. Between me, my girlfriend, (and the lady slipping me an extra because I told her one of the ones I wanted that was sold out. Did not ask, she offered), we got Buzz drawing Etch, little green man (my 2nd, so now i might buy a 3rd), and robot/snake. Pretty stoked
    Aww, I didn't get any free buddy packs.

    Around 2 years ago, Hasbro did make a Mr. Potato Head along with a Lenny that's in a similar size to Buddy Packs. They called theirs Toy Box Heroes and I guess ebay may be the only place to find them now.

  15. #480

    • Waiting Since 1992
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Springfield, MO....unfortunately.
    Posts
    526

    Re: Toy Story Collection by Thinkway Toys

    Brand, I totally called Target yesterday and they only had them for 50. I'm moving this weekend, so we will be out of town after Sunday. That means I will miss the clearance. However, I'm sure Los Angeles will have a ton of Lotsos, hopefully on clearance

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cool Toys / Dumb Toys
    By Ride Warrior in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2009, 08:42 AM
  2. Disney World cast members donate 20,000 toys to Toys for Tots
    By OogieBoogie in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 11:25 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
  4. soft opening for toys story mania
    By Cmash95 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-25-2008, 06:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •