Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• World Traveler

Olszewski WDW Main Street Station Signing Event - Dec 5th and 6th, 2009

Clearly, Mr. Olszewski did not coordinate his signing event with the my schedule as his next WDW piece - Main Street Station - will be released the week before I go to WDW.

Here is the link to information for the event and pictures of the piece!

Robert Olszewski Product Release & Signing
    Join us as we welcome Miniaturist Robert Olszewski who will be on hand for a special appearance and signing at the Walt Disney World Resort in celebration of his latest release, the Main Street Railroad Station from the Magic Kingdom

Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009
    Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Date: Sunday, December 6, 2009
    Time: 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
    More information about the Olszewski event here: The Art of Disney Parks

See you all at the Art of Disney!

Re: Olszewski WDW Main Street Station Signing Event

I can't believe the timing, my work hardly ever gives overtime but i have managed to pick up a couple of extra shifts. guess i know what i'll be spending the money on then!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Olszewski WDW Main Street Station Signing Event

Oh my goodness - I'll actually be in the parks both of those days!!!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Re: Olszewski WDW Main Street Station Signing Event - Dec 5th and 6th, 2009

Just got an email from Olszewski Studios about the release. Also announced the Main Street WDW platform will be available starting in 2011.

There has been a schedule update to the plans for the Olszewski release, since there is a conflict with a parade that is going on at the same time. New schedule is:

Location: Art of Disney, Downtown Disney vice (was?) Uptown Jewelers
    Date: Saturday, December 5, 2009
    Time: 3 a.m. (I think they meant 3 PM, since that was the original time at Art of Disney.) - 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. vice (was?) 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Location: Uptown Jewelers, Magic Kingdom vice (was?) Art of Disney
    Date: Sunday, December 6, 2009
    Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. vice (was?) 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.

A bit confusing, but it appears they have flipped the two locations and adjusted the times.
    Last edited by WarriorPoets; 11-22-2009 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Time adjustment

Any news or pictures about upcoming stuff from today?

• World Traveler

A friend of mine went to the event today at Downtown Disney. He was disapointed that they did not have the WDW platform set up. He said he did not see any future pieces.

Maybe it will be different today, based on location. Hope we'll get some trip reports from people who made the event.

So I guess there's no news from this event? I've been checking colddeadfish but they haven't posted anything. Is there anywhere else to get Olszewski news from?

• World Traveler

I haven't heard any new things, but I will be going up to WDW this weekend to pick up my piece.

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    So I guess there's no news from this event? I've been checking colddeadfish but they haven't posted anything. Is there anywhere else to get Olszewski news from?
    Cindy tends to specialize in the Disneyland Olszewskis. She only runs reports on WDW if it's mentioned at a Disneyland event.

I'm now thinking we're not getting the monorail track or the Pan display boxes before Christmas. We're getting way too close to the holiday for people to have the money to justify the sales.

• World Traveler

I was at WDW this weekend and was finally able to purchase this AMAZING piece.

First of all, let me say that the piece is HUGE! It's about 13"x13" and will not fit in the display case I currently have for the Olszewski pieces. The details, as in all the other pieces are amazing. I even used the macro feature on my camera to be able to magnify some.

I went to the Art of Disney Store in Downtown Disney on Friday night to purchase the piece. I was shocked when the cast member told me that the only piece they had left was the one on display - which was not signed. I asked the cast member if she could call the Magic Kingdom and see if they had a signed piece, which she did. When I asked her about the first day plaque - she looked at me like I was from Mars as she had never seen a First Day plaque. She called the other store, who told her that they were sold out! It seemed inconceivable to me that they were sold out of $345.00 pieces in less than a week in this economy. Something wasn't kosher. I asked if they could "hold" the piece for me for 24 hours, which they did.

The next day, Saturday, I went to the Magic Kingdom. The Olszewski pieces are now being displayed in a side case at Uptown Jewelers. I really wish they would display the whole layout instead of piece by piece. I asked a cast member there if they had any signed pieces and indeed they did. Why did the cast member at Downtown Disney tell me they were sold out? When the cast member at MK brought the huge box up, I inspected it. The tiny Olszewski signature and premier plaque were there. YES! I was also very happy to get a 10% Passholder discount.

I then sent an email to the Olszewski studios asking about future pieces and this was Ray's reply:

Mike: Thank you for your email! The following are planned releases for the WDW Main Street Collection for 2010.

Market House and Bakery
    Center Emporium & Gymnasium
    Ice Cream Corner
    Casey's Corner
    The WDW Main Street Platform
    Characters and Vehicles

For 2011:
    Castle Moat Area #1
    Haunted Mansion Attraction
    Castle Moat Area #2
    Pirates of the Caribbean Attraction

For 2012:
    Castle Moat Area #3
    An Attraction to be determined
    Castle Moat Area #4
    Attraction to be determined

Ray Olszewski
    Keeping you Informed!
    Webmaster
    How exciting is that!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    I was at WDW this weekend and was finally able to purchase this AMAZING piece.

First of all, let me say that the piece is HUGE! It's about 13"x13" and will not fit in the display case I currently have for the Olszewski pieces. The details, as in all the other pieces are amazing. I even used the macro feature on my camera to be able to magnify some.

I went to the Art of Disney Store in Downtown Disney on Friday night to purchase the piece. I was shocked when the cast member told me that the only piece they had left was the one on display - which was not signed. I asked the cast member if she could call the Magic Kingdom and see if they had a signed piece, which she did. When I asked her about the first day plaque - she looked at me like I was from Mars as she had never seen a First Day plaque. She called the other store, who told her that they were sold out! It seemed inconceivable to me that they were sold out of $345.00 pieces in less than a week in this economy. Something wasn't kosher. I asked if they could "hold" the piece for me for 24 hours, which they did.

The next day, Saturday, I went to the Magic Kingdom. The Olszewski pieces are now being displayed in a side case at Uptown Jewelers. I really wish they would display the whole layout instead of piece by piece. I asked a cast member there if they had any signed pieces and indeed they did. Why did the cast member at Downtown Disney tell me they were sold out? When the cast member at MK brought the huge box up, I inspected it. The tiny Olszewski signature and premier plaque were there. YES! I was also very happy to get a 10% Passholder discount.

I then sent an email to the Olszewski studios asking about future pieces and this was Ray's reply:

How exciting is that!
    Pretty exciting! I'll admit, I never thought we'd get WDW attractions, just Main Street. This is a nice bit of new news for us all. I'm REALLY interested especially to see the Haunted Mansion piece as that is just awesome looking.

Glad you got the Train Station. Now, it's California's turn in the new year!

• World Traveler

I also hope that the Crystal Palace is being planned. I know it's not an attraction, but the building is gorgeous.

• World Traveler

In case you were wondering ... here are photos of both the DL and WDW Main Street Stations side by side:

The fronts

Looking "West"

Looking "East"

Looking towards the exits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast