Which LANDS would you like Olszewski to make?

Assuming Olszewski was able to make all 8 LANDS in Disneyland, which ones would you be most interested in? Least interested? My picks would be as follows:

1) Main Street USA & Hub (of course)
    2) Fantasyland (so picturesque and beautiful)
    3) New Orleans Sq. (also, POTC and HM already exist)
    4) Frontierland (I would rather group the CC attractions with Frontierland than with NOS)
    5) Critter Country (most interested in Splash Mountain) (would like to see a Country Bear Jamboree created for WDW - the insert would be awesome - 40th anniversary maybe?)
    6) Adventureland (I would love to get the Swiss Treehouse from WDW) (not sure if I'd get all the pieces from DL)
    7) Tomorrowland (I would get some, but not all of the pieces) (no desire to collect the entire land)
    8) Toontown (I would probably NOT collect this land due to space considerations, but I'm sure Olszewski would do a spendid job!)

What are your thoughts? Oh, if you want, you can pretend that $$$ is not an option!

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Re: Which LANDS would you like Olszewski to make?

Well, Main Street is already done, just with some customization going on and we know, barring a problem, Fantasyland will be finished around 2012-2013 (coincidentally, 2013 will be the 30th anniversary of the remodel, so perhaps fitting) so, let's take a gander here:

New Orleans Square - This one just makes sense as two major attractions are finished, so one would think it would be easy. The tricky part is defining what's NOS, what's Frontierland, what's Critter Country and what's Adventureland. That may be the hold up on that land.
    Frontierland - For one simple reason - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Second only to the Matterhorn, I want this miniature more than any other. Plus, it'll be fun to see the shops along Frontierland's entrance detailed out, plus the Golden Horseshoe. The drawback is how to handle Tom Sawyer's Island and the Rivers of America. Again, gotta worry about things blending together.
    Tomorrowland - One simple reason - the Matterhorn, the Matterhorn, the Matterhorn. The approach right now seems to be doing more retro rides for this section, so it may resemble the Tomorrowland of the 1960s or so more. Good strategy for sales for a somewhat boring land.
    Adventureland - The attractions should be done fairly quickly, since there is already a jump start with the Jungle Cruise, so this is another one that could be done fast, be not too expensive and be fun for collectors. Again, the only headache is NOS. We'll just have to see.
    Critter Country - Aside from Splash, my interest level here is pretty low. There is just nothing back here that screams "You must own me!"
    Toontown - Same issues, excepting the Mickey's neighborhood section. Seeing the character houses detailed out would be cool, but probably not a huge seller.

Hello I for one love Olszewski's model's of Disneyland, In my opinion I would love to see and have Tom Sawyer's Island (with maybe a Fantasmic! addition to it like the new dragon etc...)

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

I want the whole park.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    Assuming Olszewski was able to make all 8 LANDS in Disneyland, which ones would you be most interested in? Least interested? My picks would be as follows:

1) Main Street USA & Hub (of course)
    2) Fantasyland (so picturesque and beautiful)
    3) New Orleans Sq. (also, POTC and HM already exist)
    4) Frontierland (I would rather group the CC attractions with Frontierland than with NOS)
    5) Critter Country (most interested in Splash Mountain) (would like to see a Country Bear Jamboree created for WDW - the insert would be awesome - 40th anniversary maybe?)
    6) Adventureland (I would love to get the Swiss Treehouse from WDW) (not sure if I'd get all the pieces from DL)
    7) Tomorrowland (I would get some, but not all of the pieces) (no desire to collect the entire land)
    8) Toontown (I would probably NOT collect this land due to space considerations, but I'm sure Olszewski would do a spendid job!)

What are your thoughts? Oh, if you want, you can pretend that $$$ is not an option!

Tiki God
    The most obvious choices would not necessarily be lands, but main mountains:

Splash Mt - the look of this Mountain is so unique, there is nothing else in the world that looks like it. And after looking at the model in the preshow to Mr Lincoln, the biggest challenge would be to capture and keep the look of the mountain, as we are used to seeing it from ground level, but from overhead. - and just as Pirates and HM have had "interior scenes" at least a couple would be needed for Splash. And of course, the "SPLASH" at the end would need to be captured in this piece.

Big Thunder - this piece would look fanstatic

Matterhorn - The challenge on this would be to have size that would look good being next to the Castle model, but not be too big to display

The only Mt that might not work is Space Mountain, with so many other buildings right up against it- along with the entrance being on the 2nd level platform. And really, ALL of Tomorrowland would really be a challenge to do - I'm not sure a Buzz Lightyear building would have any decent scenes to showcase, although the front of the build would be just ok - And Star Tours would have a similar challenge with the building being ok, but how would you showcase the attraction inside, which is really just a movie?

Main Street is already done,

Fantasyland - This land is already well underway - and the possible skyway is exciting!

Toontown - this would be my next choice for completion of the next land - with all the character houses, city hall - and the Roger Rabbit attraction. I have some of the houses that they had for Christmas several years ago, done in a larger scale than Olszewski does, and all these houses would look fantastic on his scale!

Adventureland - This is the one area that has disappoint me the most. I really dont like that the Adventureland entrance was not placed with the Tiki Room - those should have been on the same piece. Also, most of the the pieces look look great, with one exception ~ that being the Jungle Cruise - that piece should have been condensed and focus more on the "sites" rather than the scale -( there is just too much jungle and the piece is too large)

Tommorowland - see my comments about Space Mountain. About the only attraction that might look interesting is the Subs.

Critter Country - see my Splash Mt comments, and also I would much prefer to see the Country Bear Playhouse with a couple of interior showroom scenes - complete with a couple songs.

New Orleans Square - since HM and Pirates are already done, i'm not sure much else is really that appealing to do.

Frontierland - off hand, I'm not sure howfar the entrance of Frontierland goes into the land - is it just to the flagpole? the Golden Horseshow would be interesting, and the shooting gallery, and as I mentioned before, Big Thunder would be a great addition.

RO has been doing a phenomenal job with the miniatures, and including some of the interior scenes have been a great addition. Lighting also has been beautifully done. However there has been at least one major concept that I hope is still being looked into, and that is the possibility of motion for some of the miniatures - such as with the MSEP parade Floats. I can understand that may be something that might still be difficult and too costly to develop.

BUT I would think one other feature could be added, and that would be sound. It would add a lot for the attractions like Pirates, HM, and Splash Mt.

If I had the money, and the space, I'd love to have the whole park, too!

I agree that all of the mountains have HUGE appeal. (Although I may in the minority that I'd like the Matterhorn without the Skyway holes.)

RE: New Orleans Sq. True, there aren't any other attractions in NOS (though my family loves the Blue Bayou), but given the compact nature of this Land, and it's aesthetic beauty, I think it is an ideal candidate for Olszewski. The train depot would be very cool. The Cafe Orleans building would help compliment the exterior of the POTC piece very well. As would extending POTC into the Club 33/Blue Bayou/Courtyard sections. (Imagine the awesome insert for the Blue Bayou.) Lastly, throw in the French Market section and you've got NOS about covered (less trees and riverfront walkways). I would LOVE it! Also, you've got the appeal of the characters from The Princess and the Frog! Possible character set?

And I'm still rootin' for some version (DL or WDW) of the Country Bear Jamboree! (Our dogs are named after characters from this attraction: Tennessee Bear and Bealuh.)

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I unfortunately don't have the funds for these (as much as I love them all and want them!) I would definitely get Splash Mountain!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Planning my next trip

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    And Star Tours would have a similar challenge with the building being ok, but how would you showcase the attraction inside, which is really just a movie?
    I think for Star Tours, the interior scenes would have to be of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by rokketride View Post
    I think for Star Tours, the interior scenes would have to be of the queue.
    Maybe, maybe not. Could interchangable scenes of the queue and the interior of the Starspeeder.

But deep down... what would you rather have: Star Tours or Inner Space?

Well...

Main Street-Finished, but I'd really like to see a christmas/halloween overlay, including the christmas parade and a candlelight processional set!

Fantasyland-Getting finished, I can't WAIT to see the skyway... it will add a lot more to the skyline I think because there are a lot of flat building tops. It will also pave the way for tomorrowland. I really also hope that we might see some motion in the storybook land/casey jr. pieces...and The Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship!!

New Orleans Sq.-We already have two attractions, and this land is amazingly beautiful, and it has the potential for SO MUCH detail. I'd like to see how the Mark Twain fits into the Rivers of America though... Or is that Frontierland?

Frontierland-Such a great land...Big Thunder...The Golden Horseshoe, The Shooting gallery...All the storefronts. A very interesting land! You may think that Tom Sawyer's Island will be hard to sell, trees, caves, pathways, and a few small buildings... But add a dragon, mickey, and some really cool lighting? It'll Fly off the shelves!

Adventureland-I'm excited about Indiana Jones, and maybe the rest of the Jungle Cruise. Lots of trees, but the area of the park is always so interesting with the jungles and then the IJ ride building and the Swiss Family treehouse (Not Tarzan's Treehouse... I think the original would make for a more interesting piece with all the details...) rising out of the jungle.

Critter Country-Splash Mountain and the Country Bear Jamboree...what else? Maybe a winnie the pooh piece?

Tomorrowland- THE MATTERHORN! The Skyway, the Mary Blair Murals, ATIS, the Subs, Peoplemover, Monorail, and all of these other classic attractions! Just imagine the Carousel Theater Piece... Maybe with a quadruple insert of 2 CoP scenes, An America Sings Scene, and an Innoventions Scene? The buildings would all have to have lots of inserts and scenes because most of the attractions were indoors... I'd also like to have a rocket jets piece... to fit in with the retro theme.

Toontown-Very colorful and creative pieces here, fun to look at!

Well... Whatever happens, based on what we've seen so far from Robert, it'll be an amazing set.

I may be in the minority, but I would rather see attractions from across the parks released as opposed to lands. Realistically I just see VERY few people having the space to lay out all of Disneyland in a single room--but I can see many people having room for shelves of individual attractions.

My top attraction list (in order):

Splash Mountain (Disneyland)
    Animal Kingdom Tree of Life
    Disneyland Paris Sleeping Beauty Castle
    DCA Grizzly River Run
    Matterhorn
    Indiana Jones Temple
    Big Thunder Mountain (Disneyland)
    Swiss Family Treehouse (either Disneyland or Magic Kingdom)
    EPCOT Center Spaceship Earth
    it's a small world (Disneyland)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I want the ENTIRE park as well.

On my wish list:

Splash Mountain
    Space Mountain
    Matterhorn
    Skyway stations
    Small World
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Carousel of Progress with all the different time periods as interchangeable scenes would be my dream acquisition. Country Bear Jamboree would also be cool. Since neither attraction is no longer at DL, it's a neat way to preserve the idea and memories of these historical attractions.

Well, I'm very torn. I would like the whole park, but I honestly am not sure if it can be done without a change in the economy. As to what land I honestly want next?

Tomorrowland is the easy pick, because of the retro approach being taken so far and the Matterhorn.

After that, my vote goes to either Frontierland for BTMRR or Adventureland to see Jungle Cruise finished.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

I'm with BrerDan--I won't be setting up entire lands so I'd prefer individual, iconic attractions. Vertical storage space in shelving is much easier to come by than horizonal space.

Given that Fantasyland is going to already be taken care of, here's my list, in order:

Splash Mountain - EASILY my most desired piece
    BTMRR
    Matterhorn
    IASW
    Indy
    Treehouse--DL Swiss version with the WATER features
    Columbia
    Character Houses in Toontown

And while I'm at it I'll throw in some unsolicted commentary I really don't find much from DCA that is beautiful enough to buy a sculpture. Perhaps GRR. Maybe TSMM but nothing else from Paradise Pier. The scale on TOT is probably prohibitive. Bug's Land is pretty but there are no rides there that appeal to my kids or me so we really don't go there at all. I put this in not so much as a rip on DCA but as an amazing compliment to Disneyland and its unique variety and beauty. I think these Olszewski sculptures are the best souvenirs in the park, followed closely by the Avanzinos.