Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: COST of plexiglass platform cover

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post

I was going to hold off until the Fantasyland base was issued, but based on my available space, it would block access to the stairs. Unless I move Main Street out of my collector room, the various lands will have to be on their own.

I feel for you about your cat, curious pets and collectibles don't mix well!
    Heh! And I can see your dog has an interested eye on the castle. Set up looks great! Can't wait to see it with the tree accessories in place.

And yeah, I dunno what I'm going to do about Fantasyland either. Space in the back room is a premium and there really is no place else.

I have only the first two tree accessories and will order the 3rd pack when Olszewski Studios offers it up again. Was the 4th pack ever produced or was it placed on hold?

I am wondering how long it will take to complete the Fantasyland platform. I know its scheduled to be released next year, but isn't King Arthur's Carousel on indefinite hold?

I have only the first two tree accessories and will order the 3rd pack when Olszewski Studios offers it up again. Was the 4th pack ever produced or was it placed on hold?

I am wondering how long it will take to complete the Fantasyland platform. I know its scheduled to be released next year, but isn't King Arthur's Carousel on indefinite hold?
    Haven't heard anything about tree pack 4 in a while, so it's just up in the air right now. My guess is Olszewski is focusing it's energies on finishing Fantasyland as priority, but we'll see.

Well, how long Fantasyland takes to finish depends on what's released, what's approved and when. Toad and Alice are coming in March, word is Snow White could be out in July and Pinocchio in October/November, leaving the two pieces of Storybook Land/Casey Jr., King Arthur and hopefully the Fantasyland Skyway station to go. King Arthur was held back because the price was soaring, so my money is it will be the last of the pieces to be released because of it's high dollar figure. Taking into account the rate of releases per year and how much is left, all of Fantasyland SHOULD be out by the middle of 2012 and the platform is set for release next year, so, depending on accessory packs to fill in any holes (we still dunno what's up with the Sword in the Stone courtyard, for example, plus any connecting Main Street/Fantasyland accessories), say done by mid 2012 with the main pieces with the whole thing done no later than the end of 2012.

Can't wait to see the platform prototype in person. I'm honestly surprised it's not getting more conversation in these parts since we have seen a mockup of it and the pieces that will be involved in finishing it. Just been waiting for everyone else I guess.

I actually was disappointed when the King Arthur Carousel was cancelled, as I had a feeling it would be a "blow away" piece. Considering that it would/will probable cross the half grand price point, I think Olszewski should just go ahead with plans for the Matterhorn and other mountains. Even with shipping, I can't imagine it would be much more (maybe in the $600.00-650.00 range?).

We should probably see more chatter on the Fantasyland platform when there is an actual mockup to view. I may have to rethink about finding space so I can butt it up next to Main Street as the overall impact would be much greater and immersive.
    Last edited by forestlite; 03-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.

I actually was disappointed when the King Arthur Carousel was cancelled, as I had a feeling it would be a "blow away" piece. Considering that it would/will probable cross the half grand price point, I think Olszewski should just go ahead with plans for the Matterhorn and other mountains. Even with shipping, I can't imagine it would be much more (maybe in the $600.00-650.00 range?).

We should probably see more chatter on the Fantasyland platform when there is an actual mockup to view. I may have to rethink about finding space so I can butt it up next to Main Street as the overall impact would be much greater and immersive.
    Well, Arthur isn't canceled, just delayed due to the costs. Bob didn't like the idea of using mirrors to create the illusion of 72 horses, so that meant sculpting each one individually. That means more resin, ergo, the cost goes up. Given we were looking at upwards of a 500 piece, Disney decided we should wait for a bit on it, which is where we are. It's still coming, just probably closer to the end of the collection than the beginning.

As to the platform, I'm hoping we'll get to see the mock up or something like it at the Toad event in a week. Thing that I'm really excited about is it looks like Bob decided to include Matterhorn Way between Alice and the edge of the piece. I noticed a blank area between the edge and a mock up where the MSEP was positioned, so that looks good, plus you should have a tree accessory in the area to help blend it in with the edge of Main Street and the start of the Grotto piece.

It's just I'm starting to get excited again about what the future holds, that's all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12