NFCC Signing Event

Just got an email from Olszewski Studios announcing Bob will be at the event on Jan. 17th. Event will be at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Anaheim, just south of the park off Harbor Blvd.

And the good news is: The display boxes for the Peter Pan scenes will be sold at the show for $30 each. The Main Street Platform will also be on display with the finished Monorail Pylon track in place. It won't be sold at the show however, that goes on sale on Bob's website sometime in February.

Also be aware anyone bringing pieces for Bob to sign, you are being limited to 2 per person. Used to be unlimited, but I guess people having Bob sign each one of their characters in a character pack got to be a bit excessive.

Hoping for word on Toad and Alice from the event as well. Wish I could go, but I got college classes. Anyone who can go, please have a good time!

Re: NFCC Signing Event

Any news from this event?

Yep, Cindy from colddeadfish.net posted a report: Olszewski Disneyland miniatures - January 17, 2010

I'll just encourage you to read the report since, even if you cite where you got the news, if you repeat the news, she tends to overreact a little bit.

Wow, I didn't think the Alice/Toad piece would run $345.00! I know the pieces are beautiful, but with the economy being tight, that comes as a little bit of a shocker (but yes, I will still be purchasing one)!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Wow, I didn't think the Alice/Toad piece would run $345.00! I know the pieces are beautiful, but with the economy being tight, that comes as a little bit of a shocker (but yes, I will still be purchasing one)!
    Well, the high price point is part of a few reasons:

1.) The cost of petrol based products, especially resin, is going up.
    2.) The piece is going to be pretty big including the Toad Hall facade, the Mad Hatter store and the multi-level Alice in Wonderland.
    3.) Space for two inserts, one for Alice, one for Toad.

I'm thinking the piece has to be the size of POTC, easy, as this is a big corner of Fantasyland. Can't wait to see the prototype.

I didn't realize it was that big! It does sound like an awesome piece and if it is the size of POTC...wow! Here I am griping about the price and yet I still wish King Arthur's carousel was being released this year...LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    I didn't realize it was that big! It does sound like an awesome piece and if it is the size of POTC...wow! Here I am griping about the price and yet I still wish King Arthur's carousel was being released this year...LOL!
    Well, given it's a pretty large footprint and you need space for more than one insert, well, there you have it.

I'm speculating on the final size since we haven't (and won't) seen a prototype until we get closer to the release, then we'll get the measurements. Hopefully get that info no later than February.

I'm glad King Arthur isn't coming out this year, knowing that price tag could be north of $500, I'd be content with it's release being last, thanks. Besides, with Alice/Toad, Snow White and Pinocchio all looking good for release, core Fantasyland will be finished, save for Storybook Land and Casey Jr. Hopefully we'll know by July what's coming after House of the Future for the Nostalgia Line, hopefully that'll be either the Skyway chalet or possibly the PeopleMover.

It's going to be an active time, to say the least.

Any news on his WDW pieces? Any chance he'll do all of the Magic Kingdom as well?

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    Any news on his WDW pieces? Any chance he'll do all of the Magic Kingdom as well?
    Cindy mentioned two pieces for Main Street and last I heard, he'll be doing WDW versions of Pirates and Haunted Mansion in the future. As to doing the whole park... I dunno, it's a possibility.