Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by toys2cool View Post
    wow that's awesome!! how do you become a member? does AP mean Annual pass holder? DVC?
    sorry for so many questions
    AP is Annual Pass, but DVC members were welcome too. If you are a member of DVC or have an annual Pass, they give you word of when the dates will be.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    AP is Annual Pass, but DVC members were welcome too. If you are a member of DVC or have an annual Pass, they give you word of when the dates will be.
    awesome! I'm an annual pass holder, so I'll be there this year

On another note, i just came back from TJ Maxx and somebody broke the Jacques,the Golden harp and they took all the COA's

awesome! I'm an annual pass holder, so I'll be there this year

On another note, i just came back from TJ Maxx and somebody broke the Jacques,the Golden harp and they took all the COA's

I bought my Harp during the first cut ($42) because everyone I saw was broken or the strings were bent. I guess kids were trying to play it. I got the best one I could find. I too have seen my share of broken ones.

BTW -- I'm an Annual Passholder too and DVC member!

We were out today looking for the green boxes and noticed some figurines were marked a little lower today. Not sure if at all stores, but the one we stopped at was. So those still waiting, might want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by N2MM View Post
    We were out today looking for the green boxes and noticed some figurines were marked a little lower today. Not sure if at all stores, but the one we stopped at was. So those still waiting, might want to check it out.
    how much were they?

how much were they?

The ranger was now $10 -- some of the ones there were $18 are now $15. I thought it was a strange drop in price, but don't know if it was the store I went to as it was my first time there. I did get the Cap. Hook piece for $40 and it was mint in the box. Got Clopin for $18 and Quasi for $20. I was not going to get the Hook pieces but it was the first one I've ever seen in perfect condition so my DH talked me into it.

No extra discounts around here yet...
    Last edited by Epcot2000; 04-02-2010 at 07:32 AM.

The ranger was now $10 -- some of the ones there were $18 are now $15. I thought it was a strange drop in price, but don't know if it was the store I went to as it was my first time there. I did get the Cap. Hook piece for $40 and it was mint in the box. Got Clopin for $18 and Quasi for $20. I was not going to get the Hook pieces but it was the first one I've ever seen in perfect condition so my DH talked me into it.
    wow what a deal, was this a marshalls or TJ maxx? I just payed $80 for that hook and $30 for the Clopin

wow what a deal, was this a marshalls or TJ maxx? I just payed $80 for that hook and $30 for the Clopin
    At a TJMaxx. However the Ranger was at Marshalls.

Wanted to correct myself. The Hook piece was $48 (didn't have my readers on and 0 and 8 look alike sometimes). Since I had not planned to get this piece I had not realized that it originally retailed for $399 -- now that is crazy.

Also, I too got Clopin for $30 last week and Quasi for $35, and will return them since I found them for $18 and $21 this week. My DH said it was the last time he was returning. I bought them and had no intention of returning as this was the only store we found both in, but wouldn't you know it, we found a store we had not checked out and there they were (along with Hook, Chicken Litte ($12), Gill ($18)). Still have not found the 2 I've been looking for: Snow White Holiday (The Gift of Friendship); and Clarice (2 chips and a miss). Maybe we'll try some new territory again next week. I do have to say, it's been a long time since I've seen any Small World pieces and so glad I did not get started buying them.

Wanted to correct myself. The Hook piece was $48 (didn't have my readers on and 0 and 8 look alike sometimes). Since I had not planned to get this piece I had not realized that it originally retailed for $399 -- now that is crazy.

Also, I too got Clopin for $30 last week and Quasi for $35, and will return them since I found them for $18 and $21 this week. My DH said it was the last time he was returning. I bought them and had no intention of returning as this was the only store we found both in, but wouldn't you know it, we found a store we had not checked out and there they were (along with Hook, Chicken Litte ($12), Gill ($18)). Still have not found the 2 I've been looking for: Snow White Holiday (The Gift of Friendship); and Clarice (2 chips and a miss). Maybe we'll try some new territory again next week. I do have to say, it's been a long time since I've seen any Small World pieces and so glad I did not get started buying them.
    The problem with the Small world pieces was that they were priced so low that they flew of the shelves ,
    I still can't believe you found a Hook for $48, i live in Miami and had a friend ship it to me from Indianapolis, I payed $30 and $35 for the same Hunchbacks, you might be able to sell those on ebay for $55+ each...maybe you should do that instead of returning them and make up some of the money you already spent

The problem with the Small world pieces was that they were priced so low that they flew of the shelves ,
    I still can't believe you found a Hook for $48, i live in Miami and had a friend ship it to me from Indianapolis, I payed $30 and $35 for the same Hunchbacks, you might be able to sell those on ebay for $55+ each...maybe you should do that instead of returning them and make up some of the money you already spent
    I thought about it, but the market is flooded with these figurines as I was watching some before finding mine this week cheaper.

Yes, the ISWA figurines were only 14.99 when I saw them mid-Feb and should've picked some up then. That collection is huge! And they still continue to add more.

I have about 13 of the IASW pieces... They are very cool pieces, probably my favorite collection, except for maybe the POTC series. I'm glad I got the pieces while I did, they did fly off the shelves... I was even lucky enough to find some of the "rarer" (in Marshalls) pieces like Egypt and China. I'm still collecting the series, the pieces are no where to be seen in stores anymore.

The "Easter Bunny" came and brought me that tiki head piece I was looking for... a very close informant (haha) said that it was the last one in a store about an hour away... and it was $10! Very happy camper today.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hmm maybe I should start looking on ebay for that Hook piece!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I think those extra slight discounts must have been store specific. We've been out of town for Easter, and I went to a bunch of stores in the city I was in that I had never been to before. Prices were consistent with prices I'd seen around here, and the prices here haven't changed since the last discount.

One store I went in was just plain pathetic. They had tossed all the boxes and COAs, and any of the pieces that came with two parts (ex. Hiawatha with the bunny, Lilo with the Wagon, and Roger Rabbit and his base), they split up and sold each piece individually. So, the rabbit for Hiawatha was gone, as was Roger, and Lilo. But the wagon, Hiawatha, and Roger's base were all still there on "sale" for the price of the full set. One store even tossed the blades to the Old Mill because they didn't notice them in the box. Another store wrote the barcode numbers on the bottom of the figures in bright red ink rather than using price tags.

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything!
    Last edited by SorcererDonald16; 04-07-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast