Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
    I think those extra slight discounts must have been store specific. We've been out of town for Easter, and I went to a bunch of stores in the city I was in that I had never been to before. Prices were consistent with prices I'd seen around here, and the prices here haven't changed since the last discount.

One store I went in was just plain pathetic. They had tossed all the boxes and COAs, and any of the pieces that came with two parts (ex. Hiawatha with the bunny, Lilo with the Wagon, and Roger Rabbit and his base), they split up and sold each piece individually. So, the rabbit for Hiawatha was gone, as was Roger, and Lilo. But the wagon, Hiawatha, and Roger's base were all still there on "sale" for the price of the full set. One store even tossed the blades to the Old Mill because they didn't notice them in the box. Another store wrote the barcode numbers on the bottom of the figures in bright red ink rather than using price tags.

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything!
    yeah then prices haven't gone down here either, and I to saw the marked figurines with what looked like a sharpie, i bought a few came home and took it off with rubbing alcohol

I know who will be taking a trip to Marshalls this weekend!

My DH returned my Clopin and Quasi today to Marshalls (after finding them at TJMaxx for half the price I paid) and he said there were no new mark downs there today. He said Frollo was still there and still $40. I've been on the fence on that one, but still on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by N2MM View Post
    My DH returned my Clopin and Quasi today to Marshalls (after finding them at TJMaxx for half the price I paid) and he said there were no new mark downs there today. He said Frollo was still there and still $40. I've been on the fence on that one, but still on the fence.
    he's the best of the set, it's huge,retailed for $200 and it's limited to only 750,so you might want to get him before he's gone

Frollo is a nicely detailed piece. Even nicer if you can find him at a TJ Maxx... We got him at one 3 weeks ago for $24. Only one I ever saw in all of the stores I went to.

That said, I think my run is pretty much done. Just got back from my area stores, and basically everything's gone. No new discounts on what was left. There were a few broken pieces here and there, couple of things with no boxes/COAs. Plenty of the ginormous Chest pieces everywhere still. Someone cleared these stores out in the past week or so.

I'm kind of sick to my stomach, but I got a lot of nice pieces, so if this is the end of it for me, I guess so be it. I've got a couple more new stores to try tonight, but after that, it's curtains for this odyssey on my end. Oh well.

Frollo is a nicely detailed piece. Even nicer if you can find him at a TJ Maxx... We got him at one 3 weeks ago for $24. Only one I ever saw in all of the stores I went to.

That said, I think my run is pretty much done. Just got back from my area stores, and basically everything's gone. No new discounts on what was left. There were a few broken pieces here and there, couple of things with no boxes/COAs. Plenty of the ginormous Chest pieces everywhere still. Someone cleared these stores out in the past week or so.

I'm kind of sick to my stomach, but I got a lot of nice pieces, so if this is the end of it for me, I guess so be it. I've got a couple more new stores to try tonight, but after that, it's curtains for this odyssey on my end. Oh well.
    Yeah i haven't seen one in a while aside from the windmill with no COA and the broken harp, i guess I'll have to pay a bit more on ebay because I still need the Snow white and prince,Roger rabbit,and the Cinderella cake topper

Did a round today of uncharted territory (Norther Virginia). Went to 3 TJ Maxx(s) and not a single sighting at any of th TJ Maxx stores. Went to 4 Marshalls and saw some at 3 of the 4. First one had 2 (still in boxes) Mickey and Snail. The Second one, had the most, all in boxes, but not cheaper like the ones I found last week. This one has all 3 fish, Quasi, Clopin, Goofy, Hook, Ug.Duck, Hiawatha, Pete, Jessie and Bullseye, NBC wheel chair guy w/no face, and deer from snowwhite. A pretty good selection. The third Marshalls had an assortment of them on their clearance shelf with the other junk. Most of them were broken to include Clarabell, Ranger, ChickLittle, Goofy, Harp, Goofy-Olympian, Tarzan. (3 of those were broken). The only Marshalls that had nothing was the one at Potomac Mills. I didn't get anything today. Except did visit the Disney Outlet at Pot. Mills and picked up some things for my grand daughters.
    Last edited by N2MM; 04-10-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Did a round today of uncharted territory (Norther Virginia). Went to 3 TJ Maxx(s) and not a single sighting at any of th TJ Maxx stores. Went to 4 Marshalls and saw some at 3 of the 4. First one had 2 (still in boxes) Mickey and Snail. The Second one, had the most, all in boxes, but not cheaper like the ones I found last week. This one has all 3 fish, Quasi, Clopin, Goofy, Hook, Ug.Duck, Hiawatha, Pete. A pretty good selection. The third Marshalls had an assort of them on their clearance shelf with the other junk. Most of them were broken to include Clarabell, Ranger, ChickLittle, Goofy, Harp, Goofy-Olympian, Tarzan. (3 of those were broken). The only Marshalls that had nothing was the one at Potomac Mills. I didn't get anything today. Except did visit the Disney Outlet at Pot. Mills and picked up some things for my grand daughters.
    was the Tarzan broken? I'm dying for that piece

Quote Originally Posted by toys2cool View Post
    was the Tarzan broken? I'm dying for that piece
    There were 2 of them, not in a box, so I would have to guess yes, since there are so many pieces that can break off of him. At one point I found him at one end of the shelf and the leopard at the other end. Most of the two piece sets were no longer tied together. It was sad. I've seen Tarzan a few times over my outtings and always he was kept in a box for safekeeping.

There were 2 of them, not in a box, so I would have to guess yes, since there are so many pieces that can break off of him. At one point I found him at one end of the shelf and the leopard at the other end. Most of the two piece sets were no longer tied together. It was sad. I've seen Tarzan a few times over my outtings and always he was kept in a box for safekeeping.
    thanx, do you remember the price? I don't want to pay any of these ebay scalpers more then I have to

thanx, do you remember the price? I don't want to pay any of these ebay scalpers more then I have to
    Depending on where you find it, it's either $60 or $36. I'm assuming N2MM saw similar pricing for that set. If you need more prices for other pieces, by all means PM me. I have a running list of all the prices I've seen since early March.

In other news, I found a store I'd accidentally skipped before the other night. Hidden amongst the garbage (and I do mean garbage-- we're talking packing materials, plastic wrapping, and all kinds of junk) was a lone [Olympic] Torchbearer Goofy. His COA and the cardboard packing were missing, but I rummaged around until I found it. Only $24; retail was $199. Very pleased with that, especially since he's another NLE. He's utterly adorable to boot, and my first Goofy WDCC piece.
    Last edited by SorcererDonald16; 04-10-2010 at 12:31 PM.

Depending on where you find it, it's either $60 or $36. I'm assuming N2MM saw similar pricing for that set. If you need more prices for other pieces, by all means PM me. I have a running list of all the prices I've seen since early March.

In other news, I found a store I'd accidentally skipped before the other night. Hidden amongst the garbage (and I do mean garbage-- we're talking packing materials, plastic wrapping, and all kinds of junk) was a lone [Olympic] Torchbearer Goofy. His COA and the cardboard packing was missing, but I rummaged around until I found it. Only $24; retail was $199. Very pleased with that, especially since he's another NLE. He's utterly adorable to boot, and my first Goofy WDCC piece.
    Yeah that's what i paid for mine, I could'nt believe it was only $24

man if anyone see's a Tarzan set for that $36 price with box and COA please pick it up for me, I would paypal you right away, or maybe if you need a piece that's down here we could trade? I would just hate to spend $100 on ebay when they're still out there for $36

thanx guys

Yeah that's what i paid for mine, I could'nt believe it was only $24

man if anyone see's a Tarzan set for that $36 price with box and COA please pick it up for me, I would paypal you right away, or maybe if you need a piece that's down here we could trade? I would just hate to spend $100 on ebay when they're still out there for $36

thanx guys
    Someone else may be able to help you, but the ones here for that price are gone. I was waiting for another discount on that set, but ran out of time. The $36 ones went about two weeks after they were marked down to that price, sadly.

someone just told me that a store called Tuesday Mornings has them, anyone heard or can conffirm this?

In case anyone is interested, I am looking to trade my extra few pieces for pieces I am missing.

I am looking for:

Donald from Mickey and the Beanstalk
    Brother Bear Piece
    Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood
    Benny the Cab from Roger Rabbit
    Clarice from Two Chips and a Miss
    Ugly Duckling
    Cinderella Cake Topper
    Many Small World Pieces

I can get:

Goofy from Mickey and the Beanstalk
    Western Pete