Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Grr. Today I caved and bought pete with no COA for $70 (no discount for missing COA ). He is just so beautiful :P. I am done now, though. I have no more space on the small shelf I dedicated to WDCC (only Pete, woodlore, humphery, and two small worlds on it). Anyway EPCOT2000, I did notice they are great quality, and beautiful. maybe the reason for the cheap price is so people actually want to get all of them, since it is a HUGE collection. If they were originally $100 each, who would try to get them all? Disney makes much more money this way, by getting people to try to get all of them for $50 each. This is could be the reason..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I think the reason for the Marshalls shipments is to get rid of excess inventory to begin stocking and making new pieces. That's what I read online at any rate...

Also, because the Small World pieces are smaller, they are lower priced than others to begin with.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I think the reason for the Marshalls shipments is to get rid of excess inventory to begin stocking and making new pieces. That's what I read online at any rate...

Also, because the Small World pieces are smaller, they are lower priced than others to begin with.
    I thought WDCC closed/went bankrupt (is this totally untrue)? And the excess pieces went off to Marshalls? And that was my qustion, though I may not have been clear, why the IASW were so cheap to begin with. I don't think they are that much smaller than other peices that were originally $100, like Woodlore and Humphrey, considering the IASW are mostly two peices... I dont know; nevermind :P. Doesn't really matter; they are all beautiful, so I am not going to complain about low price :P.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

That's what I heard...they're continuing the WDCC, but not the club, and not as many pieces per year.

If I had to guess, it would be the fact that the IASW collection really is so big... There were a few pieces that were smaller, and much more expensive than the IASW pieces, so I don't think the size would be the issue. (Flik and Dot were like $40 each)

I've called/been to about 20+ TJ Maxx's and Marshall's stores in the pittsburgh area... and only about 4 or 5 have them...I really don't like calling the stores, because the employees can't seem to figure out what figure is in the box.

Still looking for that Irish and the Hippo...and any others.

One last tip....Goo Gone works on the residue left behind from those Obnoxious DISNEY COLLECTABLE stickers on the sides of the box.. Just be careful as you use it, because the Picture labels (That the employees can't find) can stain from it.

Hi, just went to all 4 marshalls and 3 TJ Maxx in my area and only found 2 Small world pieces . I got Belgium and England. I was wondering if anyone left any of these pieces behind and would be willing to pick them up for me. I am interested in all the others besides the 2 I have. One store near me has an extra England and Belgium I would be willing to pick up for someone for cost (14.99) + shipping. They also have the African Drummer boy ornament (Morocco?) Please let me know if you can help as the Small World set is my favorite set by far. Thanks, Justin

Hmm... how much does the ornament cost? Our Marshall's still had the a few of the Arctic Fun pieces last time we were there. I'm probably heading out that way tomorrow and I'll stop in and check if they still have them (Sick of calling the stores...ugh.) Good luck on your search..I know how you feel! You want them, and you'd be willing to pay for them...but you can't find them.

Hi, the ornament is only 5.99. Please let me know if you come across any doubles. Also, I believe they still had an extra Japan ornament and France ornament at one of the stores I went to last week. I will try and stop in during the next few days and still have them if you are interested. Thanks, Justin

Quote Originally Posted by elclavo75 View Post
    Hi, the ornament is only 5.99. Please let me know if you come across any doubles. Also, I believe they still had an extra Japan ornament and France ornament at one of the stores I went to last week. I will try and stop in during the next few days and still have them if you are interested. Thanks, Justin
    I was just at Marshall's today, and they had the Spain and Arctic pieces, each $15. Do you have an email that I can contact you at?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Has anyone gone to a Marshalls more than once and seen new, different pieces the second time? We haven't gone to any a second time, but I'm curious to see if it's worth trying again.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I've been to one of the Marshall's that had quite a few pieces about 3 times...today being the latest... no new pieces. And judging by all the stores I called a few days ago, there weren't any new shipments, because no one had any. I have a bad feeling I've got all the pieces i'm going to get for $15...And just to let everyone know, I saw the IASW "Motherly Marsupial" piece on ebay with the (stupid) DISNEY COLLECTABLE sticker on the side, so I'm assuming it was available at marshalls.

If anyone sees any pieces besides (Here we go..) Egypt, USA, Native America, Begium, Brazil, Arctic, Spain, England, China, or Australia... Please contact me and maybe we can work something out for me to get them. Thanks!

• Too far from Disney World

Again, I think it's random. The one by my parents got two shipments from what I can tell and they were all left in the boxes with the COA's. The one by my work never received any figures at all.
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

I went around to my stores and none of them had any. If anybody would be willing to pick up any of the small world ones for me I would love to buy those ones!

looks like stores are getting in different figurines than reported before based on ones seen on the bay with the disney collectible sticker on the box

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    looks like stores are getting in different figurines than reported before based on ones seen on the bay with the disney collectible sticker on the box
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast