Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Hi all! New here, and joined specifically due to this thread. Thanks so much to everyone who posted in it. The only reason I had a clue about the WDCC pieces showing up in TJ Maxx and Marshalls was because I ran a google search about what had happened with the line, and this thread was near the top of the search list. I was able to get a few pieces myself thanks to y'all.

I'm in VA, and I've been to about 10 area stores. I called all of the others in the entire state. Apparently we got the shaft on the Small World pieces, which made me very sad. I was able to find Belgium and got that for $14.99. A couple other stores in Northern Virginia also had that, and 2 or 3 had the USA Cowboy. I already had that, so didn't make a trip up there for it. A store near me had/has the Motherly Marsupial kangaroo (which I also already owned).

I was/am truly sad... I would have loved to have gotten a bunch like some of you were able to. I was looking for Holland Boy, Ireland, England, France, Brazil, Artic, Spain, Australia, and the Hippo. Basically anything that wasn't: Belgium, Cowboy, American Indian, China, Egypt, Holland Girl, Motherly Marsupial, the Platypus, and the Zebra. Oh well.

If I get a chance later today, I'll come back with a list of all the pieces that I can remember seeing, in case that will help anyone. Some stores only had a couple pieces, and some had tons of them. In all my travels I saw a huge variety. The Bug's Life ones were at almost every store. Everything else varied.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
    Hi all! New here, and joined specifically due to this thread. Thanks so much to everyone who posted in it. The only reason I had a clue about the WDCC pieces showing up in TJ Maxx and Marshalls was because I ran a google search about what had happened with the line, and this thread was near the top of the search list. I was able to get a few pieces myself thanks to y'all.

I'm in VA, and I've been to about 10 area stores. I called all of the others in the entire state. Apparently we got the shaft on the Small World pieces, which made me very sad. I was able to find Belgium and got that for $14.99. A couple other stores in Northern Virginia also had that, and 2 or 3 had the USA Cowboy. I already had that, so didn't make a trip up there for it. A store near me had/has the Motherly Marsupial kangaroo (which I also already owned).

I was/am truly sad... I would have loved to have gotten a bunch like some of you were able to. I was looking for Holland Boy, Ireland, England, France, Brazil, Artic, Spain, Australia, and the Hippo. Basically anything that wasn't: Belgium, Cowboy, American Indian, China, Egypt, Holland Girl, Motherly Marsupial, the Platypus, and the Zebra. Oh well.

If I get a chance later today, I'll come back with a list of all the pieces that I can remember seeing, in case that will help anyone. Some stores only had a couple pieces, and some had tons of them. In all my travels I saw a huge variety. The Bug's Life ones were at almost every store. Everything else varied.
    Did you purchase any others? I am still constantly checking my TJ Maxx for more Petes comming in. I am just looking to return the one I bought for one with a certificate.

Talking Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

My store has/had Spain, England, and Arctic the last time I checked. I'm not sure which the stores near you had, but from your list, I don't have the Motherly Marsupial, the Platypus, the Zebra, or the Holland Girl. I'd love to buy any of them from you if the stores had extras!

Please get back to me on this thread and maybe we can work something out? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphapanchito View Post
    Did you purchase any others? I am still constantly checking my TJ Maxx for more Petes comming in. I am just looking to return the one I bought for one with a certificate.
    The ones our family got were: Small World Belgium $14.99; Lilo w/Wagon (aka Elvis Presley was a Model Citizen) $49.99; Witch Lilo with the pumpkin $39.99; Donald from Mickey & the Beanstalk $39.99; and the Holiday Princess Series Belle $59.99.

Several stores in the VA Beach area, I believe, had Pete. All the stores here had them with their boxes and COAs. The pieces on display had the boxes and certificates either on the shelf or in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    My store has/had Spain, England, and Arctic the last time I checked. I'm not sure which the stores near you had, but from your list, I don't have the Motherly Marsupial, the Platypus, the Zebra, or the Holland Girl. I'd love to buy any of them from you if the stores had extras!

Please get back to me on this thread and maybe we can work something out? Thanks!!
    Hi! The only one the stores had was Motherly Marsupial. The others I already owned (Christmas gifts) and weren't in any stores. I am actually headed out shortly to the store that had the kangaroo; if they still have it, I'd love to do a trade of some kind! I like England and Spain the best of those 3; I'm not sure which one I'd like better. I'll be gone quite a few hours (this store is about an hour away), but when I get back I'll let you know if they still had it. If so, I'll go ahead and pick it up. Can always return it if need be.

When I get back, I'll write up the list of all the ones I've seen in this area in case it will be of help to anyone in their searches. Give you an idea what's out there anyway, if you're not in VA. For those in VA, some pieces have probably been sold by now, since I started scouring these stores 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by SorcererDonald16; 02-27-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Hi, I would also like the Kangaroo in case they have more than one. All the store nearby me has left is England, Belgium, and the Africa Boy Ornament. Please let me know. My email address is on the previous page if needed. Thanks, Justin

I too am new and have only been lurking, but I saw your post and had to respond. One, I live in your area (sort of -- WV) and had considered going to No. Virginia to look, but only made it to Leesburg and was disappointed that they had none.

I know where you can get the 4 I highlights. I saw them recently in MD. Please let me know which stores in VA had a good selection. I'm looking for the Cinderella and Prince topper and the Christmas Aurora (or Snow White). My sister checked in Glen Burnie for me today but could not find them.

Alright, I'm back. Finally! I ended up going in 4 of the 5 stores closest to me. Didn't seem like any of them got anything new in, although one had a Chicken Little that they didn't have last week. They had him several weeks ago though, so I'm guessing it was a return. I'll respond quickly to everyone and then get working on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    The store did indeed still have the Motherly Marsupial Kangaroo, so I went ahead and bought it. Hope we can figure something out! It's got the box, cardboard, papers, COA, and I didn't see any cracks or crazing on it. Wasn't out on display; was still safely in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by elclavo75 View Post
    Hi, I would also like the Kangaroo in case they have more than one. All the store nearby me has left is England, Belgium, and the Africa Boy Ornament. Please let me know. My email address is on the previous page if needed. Thanks, Justin
    If Epcot2000 and I can't figure some trade out, I'll let you know ASAP, okay? Sorry they didn't have two! It's very bizarre to me; I've seen doubles of most of the pieces, at least in two different stores, but this kangaroo today and the Belgium I bought for myself were the only IASW pieces anywhere near Southeastern VA.

Quote Originally Posted by N2MM View Post
    I too am new and have only been lurking, but I saw your post and had to respond. One, I live in your area (sort of -- WV) and had considered going to No. Virginia to look, but only made it to Leesburg and was disappointed that they had none.

I know where you can get the 4 I highlights. I saw them recently in MD. Please let me know which stores in VA had a good selection. I'm looking for the Cinderella and Prince topper and the Christmas Aurora (or Snow White). My sister checked in Glen Burnie for me today but could not find them.
    I don't know if Southeastern VA is feasible for you to get to, but the VA Beach stores and Williamsburg's TJ Maxx had the most. In my calls, NOVA didn't seem like they had much of anything. Many stores had nothing. Richmond area stores had hardly nothing as well. I've seen the Prince & Cinderella cake topper at a bunch of stores. I know I saw it today, but I can't remember if it was in the TJ Maxx in Williamsburg or in the TJ Maxx in Newport News. If it wasn't one of those stores, I know quite a few of the stores in VA Beach had it. I saw Christmas Aurora today, but I can't remember where that was either. I believe it was also in one of those two stores. Several VA Beach stores had that one as well. I saw Snow White early this month in a VA Beach TJ Maxx. I believe I only saw one of her, so I would guess that might be gone by now.

ETA: I just asked my mom who humored me and came along for this excursion, and she said the Prince & Cinderella cake topper was out on display at the TJ Maxx store in Newport News, not Williamsburg. She doesn't remember which one had Aurora, though.

If you could let me know what MD store had the Small World, that would be great. I was heading up to D.C. possibly in a couple weeks anyway. Maybe they'd still be there then. I doubt they mail things; wish they would!
    Last edited by SorcererDonald16; 02-27-2010 at 07:04 PM.

SorcererDonald16, do you have an email address that I could contact you at about our deal?

I don't know if Southeastern VA is feasible for you to get to, but the VA Beach stores and Williamsburg's TJ Maxx had the most. In my calls, NOVA didn't seem like they had much of anything. Many stores had nothing. Richmond area stores had hardly nothing as well. I've seen the Prince & Cinderella cake topper at a bunch of stores. I know I saw it today, but I can't remember if it was in the TJ Maxx in Williamsburg or in the TJ Maxx in Newport News. If it wasn't one of those stores, I know quite a few of the stores in VA Beach had it. I saw Christmas Aurora today, but I can't remember where that was either. I believe it was also in one of those two stores. Several VA Beach stores had that one as well. I saw Snow White early this month in a VA Beach TJ Maxx. I believe I only saw one of her, so I would guess that might be gone by now.

ETA: I just asked my mom who humored me and came along for this excursion, and she said the Prince & Cinderella cake topper was out on display at the TJ Maxx store in Newport News, not Williamsburg. She doesn't remember which one had Aurora, though.

If you could let me know what MD store had the Small World, that would be great. I was heading up to D.C. possibly in a couple weeks anyway. Maybe they'd still be there then. I doubt they mail things; wish they would!
    Bummer, sounds likes those stores are too far for us to get to. We live about 45 minutes from Dulles airport. I was hoping you saw them in the Tysons/Dulles/Sterling area. Since I work in DC I thought maybe we could work out a trade. The MD store that had the ISW figurines was in a Western Maryland store, so probably too far for you to get too also. It takes us 45 minutes to get to the store and I live 70 milles from DC. (And yes I commute there every day -- by train).

Alright, I figured the easiest way to do this was group what I saw by feature film or short film or Misc., and again by what the piece was specifically from. Bear with me; I believe this is everything I've seen, but I may be missing a couple. I'll post Features first. And y'all will have to forgive me, but I haven't even had dinner yet, so will have to post the Shorts and Misc. stuff very late tonight or sometime Sunday. This took longer than planned.

Feature Films

Aladdin
    Rajah: "Bengal Bodyguard"

Beauty & the Beast
    Belle: "The Gift of Love" from the Holiday Princess Series

A Bug's Life

Dot: "Blueberries Rock!"
    Flik: "Inveterate Inventor"
    Princess Atta: "Pampered Princess"

Chicken Little
    Chicken Little: "Second Chance Champ"

Cinderella
    Cinderella and Prince Charming Cake Topper: "Happily Ever After"

Finding Nemo
    Bubbles: "My Bubbles"
    Bloat: "Little Help, Over Here"
    Gill: "Nobody Touch Him"
    Jacques: "Bonjour"
    Tank Tiki Hut Accessory
    Tank Tiki Heads Accessory

Fun and Fancy Free
    Donald Duck: "Not a Peep"
    Goofy: "Tread Lightly"
    Mickey Mouse: "Shhh!"
    Singing Harp: "Beautiful Diversion"
    Willie's Chest Accessory

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Judge Claude Frollo: "Malevolent Magistrate"
    Clopin: "Harlequin Host"
    Quasimodo: "King of Fools"
    Esmerelda: "Bewitching Beauty"

The Incredibles

Mr. Incredible: "Evil Has Met Its Match"
    Elastigirl: "Limber Lady"

The Jungle Book
    Mowgli: "Silly Grin"
    Village Girl: "Coy Smile"

Lilo & Stitch
    Lilo & Wagon: "Elvis Presley was a Model Citizen"
    Witch Lilo: "... or Treat"

The Little Mermaid
    Chef Louis & Sebastian: "Zut Alors! I Have Missed One!"

Monster's Inc.
    Door Station: "Boo's Door Station"

The Nightmare Before Christmas
    Dr. Finklestein: "Unhinged"
    Clown with the Tear Away Face: "A Frightful Sight"

Peter Pan
    Captain Hook, Mr. Smee, Tiger Lily, & Crocodile: "An Irresistible Lure"

Sleeping Beauty
    Princess Aurora: "The Gift of Beauty" from the Holiday Princess Series

Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
    Deer with Laundry: "Spring Cleaning"
    Turtle with Chipmunk: "Ticklish Turtle"
    Snow White and Prince: "A Dance Among the Stars"
    Snow White: "The Gift of Friendship" from the Holiday Princess Series

Tarzan
    Tarzan and Sabor: "Untamed"

Toy Story 2
    Jessie & Bullseye: "Yeee-ha! And Ride Like the Wind!" (sculpture only; no one had the record player base)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Roger Rabbit: "Two Bits!"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Welcome newbies and thanks for that list
    It is really interesting how each store had different pieces!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Interesting yes...but also sort of frustrating, don't ya think? The thing that bothers me is that We started this "quest" to identify the pieces there a while after the stores got them in... this means the stores may have had some more pieces that were in very few numbers or sold out quickly... and some may still be out there...The World may never know...

Hi all. Busy day, sorry I haven't posted sooner. Here's the rest of what I've seen in my area, broken down into categories again. Am I wrong, or did my area stores have everything everyone had previously found, except for the Small World pieces? Sure seems like we had a ton. Again, hope this helps some of you!

Shorts

Little Hiawatha
    Little Hiawatha & Bunny: "Mighty Hunter"

The Old Mill
    The Old [Wind]Mill: "Pastoral Sunset"

The Olympic Champ
    Goofy: "Torchbearer"

Three Little Wolves
    Three Little Pigs: "Triumphant Trio"

Two Chips and a Miss
    Clarice: "Coquettish Clarice"

Two-Gun Mickey
    Peg Leg Pete: "Ornery Outlaw"

The Ugly Duckling
    Ugly Duckling and Mother: "A Loving Embrace"

Theme Park Series

It's A Small World
    Belgium
    Motherly Marsupial

Miscellaneous Series

Mickey Mouse Club

J. Audubon Woodlore (Park Ranger): "Beat the Drums"
    Humphrey: "March in Step"
    Clarabelle Cow: "Give a Cheer"

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
    Ludwig Von Drake: "Didactic Duck"

Hi all. Busy day, sorry I haven't posted sooner. Here's the rest of what I've seen in my area, broken down into categories again. Am I wrong, or did my area stores have everything everyone had previously found, except for the Small World pieces? Sure seems like we had a ton. Again, hope this helps some of you!

Shorts

Little Hiawatha
    Little Hiawatha & Bunny: "Mighty Hunter"

The Old Mill
    The Old [Wind]Mill: "Pastoral Sunset"

The Olympic Champ
    Goofy: "Torchbearer"

Three Little Wolves
    Three Little Pigs: "Triumphant Trio"

Two Chips and a Miss
    Clarice: "Coquettish Clarice"

Two-Gun Mickey
    Peg Leg Pete: "Ornery Outlaw"

The Ugly Duckling
    Ugly Duckling and Mother: "A Loving Embrace"

Theme Park Series

It's A Small World
    Belgium
    Motherly Marsupial

Miscellaneous Series

Mickey Mouse Club
    J. Audubon Woodlore (Park Ranger): "Beat the Drums"
    Humphrey: "March in Step"
    Clarabelle Cow: "Give a Cheer"

Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color
    Ludwig Von Drake: "Didactic Duck"

My sister's store in Baltimore had the 3 pigs also. But I'm amazed that you saw Clarice as she would be one I would have to get since I have Chip and Dale from that series. I'm still looking though!!! Thanks for posting all that you've see and I'm so jealous!

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast