Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Welcome newbies and thanks for that list
    It is really interesting how each store had different pieces!
    Thanks for the welcome! And glad to be of some help. If not for this thread, I wouldn't have gotten anything. I never go in Marshall's, and only go in TJ Maxx maybe once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Interesting yes...but also sort of frustrating, don't ya think? The thing that bothers me is that We started this "quest" to identify the pieces there a while after the stores got them in... this means the stores may have had some more pieces that were in very few numbers or sold out quickly... and some may still be out there...The World may never know...
    To me, it's irritating. I realize they couldn't distribute them exactly evenly, but some things they did just seem plain stupid. Like the Small World pieces all being clumped in some areas and other areas (such as the entire state of VA!) getting hardly nothing.

I think at this point our best bet for finding out which other pieces were out there is going to be watching eBay. Namely, looking for pictures of the boxes with the awful stickers all over them. I know I saw one the other day that I had never read about being seen in a store, but can't recall what it was. Some of the prices on there for pieces with the heinous sticker-laden boxes are downright comical though. I understand trying to make a profit; totally get that. But a few people are marking them up 5, 6, or even 9-10 times (especially on IASW) and billing it as a discount. I feel badly for those who don't know to check their area stores first, or even Disney Shopping!

Went to local Marshall's just to check on discounts, new pieces, etc. Boy am I glad I did!! I found that all the pieces that were apparently from the "First Shipment" were marked down, and I picked up a few... here are the ones I got.

Flik - $8.00
    Princess Atta - $8.00
    Dot - $4.50 (No Box/No COA)
    Monster's Inc. Door - $6.00 (No Box/No COA)
    Esmeralda - $9.00
    Ludwig Von Drake - $11.00 (No Box/No COA)

I was very happy to get these pieces...even if the No Box/No COA kills the resale value, I don't plan on reselling them, and they were all under $12!! Needless to say, I'm very happy. I also saw the Bubbles Fish, Bloat, The Deer from Snow White, Chicken Little ($24), Clarabell Cheerleader ($30), and Snow White/The Prince ($72). Some of them I think were on the last clearence, while some were just starting to begin being marked down.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

TY for this... Jeff is already gone back out to se if anything's left lol
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    TY for this... Jeff is already gone back out to se if anything's left lol
    And I went to 2 different Marshalls, and all that was left was the girl from the Jungle Book for $24.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Went to local Marshall's just to check on discounts, new pieces, etc. Boy am I glad I did!! I found that all the pieces that were apparently from the "First Shipment" were marked down, and I picked up a few... here are the ones I got.

Flik - $8.00
    Princess Atta - $8.00
    Dot - $4.50 (No Box/No COA)
    Monster's Inc. Door - $6.00 (No Box/No COA)
    Esmeralda - $9.00
    Ludwig Von Drake - $11.00 (No Box/No COA)

I was very happy to get these pieces...even if the No Box/No COA kills the resale value, I don't plan on reselling them, and they were all under $12!! Needless to say, I'm very happy. I also saw the Bubbles Fish, Bloat, The Deer from Snow White, Chicken Little ($24), Clarabell Cheerleader ($30), and Snow White/The Prince ($72). Some of them I think were on the last clearence, while some were just starting to begin being marked down.
    Okay, I need to get myself to Marshall's tomorrow! Was already going to one about 40 minutes away, but I'll head to my area one as well. I'd love to get the Esmerelda and Ludwig pieces for that price! I don't like the Hunchback movie, but at that price, they have my attention. Thanks for the heads up. I don't know what Esmerelda initially cost at the stores, but I remember Ludwig was $70. That's a mighty steep discount.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And I went to 2 different Marshalls, and all that was left was the girl from the Jungle Book for $24.
    Strange. Our girl from the jungle book was like $9. Didn't buy it... I'm kind of in debt majorly to my parents from this and the Disneyland Liquidator that came into town a while ago. Good luck to everyone! Also, the store closest to me had a ton of Green-box pieces left, but they said they came in at a different time, and therefore aren't marked down yet. Ooh how I'd love to have that huge Hook/Smee/Tiger Lily/ Croc piece... as well as some of the others!

SorcererDonald16: Ludwig was originally $175, in Marshall's for $70-$80 I believe. Esmeralda was originally $150, in Marshall's for $70.

Strange. Our girl from the jungle book was like $9. Didn't buy it... I'm kind of in debt majorly to my parents from this and the Disneyland Liquidator that came into town a while ago. Good luck to everyone! Also, the store closest to me had a ton of Green-box pieces left, but they said they came in at a different time, and therefore aren't marked down yet. Ooh how I'd love to have that huge Hook/Smee/Tiger Lily/ Croc piece... as well as some of the others!

SorcererDonald16: Ludwig was originally $175, in Marshall's for $70-$80 I believe. Esmeralda was originally $150, in Marshall's for $70.
    Thanks for the pricing info; I knew Ludwig was originally close to $200, and Es. was $150. But I had no idea what she was in the store. I saw her a couple times, but never paid attention to the price because I wasn't interested. At $9, I'm interested. The Bug's Life ones I would still pass on, though. Hated that movie (I hate bugs!).

I really want the large Hook piece as well. But there's only one left in this area that hasn't been broken, and as of last Sunday, it wasn't discounted. Hoping it will stick around long enough to get to a cheap price because I'd like that as a birthday present. As it is, I can't see the average person who goes into Marshall's dropping $160 on a "figurine," so I'm hoping no one buys it.

Well now I'm excited. I planned to go hunting again tomorrow so the GPS is set to go first thing tomorrow, after I log in at SW to get my boarding passes for Saturday. While I'm excited to head back to WDW on Saturday, I still need to get out there and see what other figurines I can rescue from the grips of the evil Marshalls stores! Thanks for posting. Has anyone ventured towards Baltimore, MD. Just wondering what I might be missing there.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
    Thanks for the pricing info; I knew Ludwig was originally close to $200, and Es. was $150. But I had no idea what she was in the store. I saw her a couple times, but never paid attention to the price because I wasn't interested. At $9, I'm interested. The Bug's Life ones I would still pass on, though. Hated that movie (I hate bugs!).

I really want the large Hook piece as well. But there's only one left in this area that hasn't been broken, and as of last Sunday, it wasn't discounted. Hoping it will stick around long enough to get to a cheap price because I'd like that as a birthday present. As it is, I can't see the average person who goes into Marshall's dropping $160 on a "figurine," so I'm hoping no one buys it.
    No Problem Aww. I loved A Bug's Life. especially the score to it... wow. One of my favorites. I agree, and hope that I can get one of the Hook pieces too. It just seems like one of those pieces that someone would see and just be "WOW!". So. My mom's complaining because there's Disney stuff in almost every room of the house...and i'm like..."and that's a bad thing? Explain that concept to me please."

The Quasimodo and Clopin pieces aren't discounted yet--I'm hoping to get them when they are...I also would like to go back to the store and buy the two Finding nemo tank gang pieces I saw.

Well, keep up the good work of posting your findings... It's fun for me to read and gets me excited! And N2MM, Have a great time in WDW!

Unfortunately, it sounds like the extreme discounts may just be store-specific and at the discretion of the manager. We called our area stores, and they all said nothing had been discounted more than once (ex. from $40 down to $24), and they don't plan to discount further. I'm going to a couple in a bit just to check behind them, and another store tonight, but it's not sounding good.

Will edit this post with whatever I find out, if no one else has posted in the meantime.

That must be true, because I called another Marshall's and their Bug's Life pieces were $30! I just was at the one store, and I'm actually rather sad right now because the Bloat and Bubbles! Fish they had aren't there anymore. Not cool. Oh well. I'm on a mission this weekend.

That must be true, because I called another Marshall's and their Bug's Life pieces were $30! I just was at the one store, and I'm actually rather sad right now because the Bloat and Bubbles! Fish they had aren't there anymore. Not cool. Oh well. I'm on a mission this weekend.
    I'm hoping the other stores will eventually come around to the discounts you saw. As of now, it's not looking like it here.

I went to both Marshalls and TJ Maxx, and nothing has changed in price. Most of Marshalls stuff is still full price (full price in their terms). Asked the manager when the ones that were reduced might be reduced further, and got a blank look followed by this brilliant answer: "All clearance items are in the front of the store."

TJ Maxx's manager said they might discount everything again in two weeks. But she said it wouldn't be a big discount; for example, pieces that are $36 would likely go to $25. That would be their final clearance price. That's assuming they aren't all broken to bits first. The store decided to open all the boxes so people could see them, and a good number of the pieces have been destroyed now. Depressing.

I'm not even going to VA Beach. Two phone calls later, and they haven't even had an initial round of discounts yet. I'm not traveling almost an hour each way in the hopes that they're wrong. Oh well. Try again in a few days and report back to y'all any changes then. GL to everyone still hunting.

My aunts checking a few local stores in the DC/Baltimore Area... hoping for some great results. SorcererDonald, Don't lose hope. I know the manager of TJ Maxx told you that, but I have a feeling that he wouldn't be an expert or know every single piece of merchandise. I'd call/check back every once in a while...

I kind of figured out the pattern of the discounts. It goes Original --> Red Tag --> 1 or more yellow tags. The bugs life pieces went from 39.99 to 30.00 to another to another and then to 8.00. For example, I saw snow white on the first discount (red tag) and it was 72.00. If it goes down to say, $20 I'd really like to get it.

And again I say Good Luck!

Just returned from a day circling the Baltimore area. Earlier in the week I hit the stores in Montgomery MD--4 stores and struck out all 4 times, pretty depressing. I found a few stores in the Baltimore area that had the same mark downs I had been seeing. No new mark downs. Nothing off of MMC pieces, MM & beanstalk, or anything else exciting. Never saw any ISWA pieces except one. I did find the Aurora Xmas figurine and the Cinderella cake topper figurine and both were marked a second time, so got them for $36. I was happy about that. I went to 8 stores and 3 stores had nothing, the other stores had a few, but I either have them or didn't want them. Saw the ducklings about 4 times and all had broken pieces. Most had the boxes either on the shelf with the figurines or at the register, however, I got a second Esmerlda but they could not find the box, so I reluctantly bought it and plan to return my full price one. Since I don't plan to sell my item, I figure the box was not worth $25. Strangely, when checking out we were looking at the boxes at the counter and noticed lots of them that were not in the store. We asked why and was told that "not everyone WANTS the box" -- whatever. I'm sure the store I got my Esmerlda at will have an empty box sitting at their register too, since they claimed "they couldn't find it." Well I'm done for a week as we are heading to WDW in the morning, so I've got lots to do before that flight tomorrow! I'll be watching this thread from the Beach Club Villa!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N2MM View Post
    Well I'm done for a week as we are heading to WDW in the morning, so I've got lots to do before that flight tomorrow! I'll be watching this thread from the Beach Club Villa!
    Have a great time!!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast