Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Re: WDCC appearing in Marshall's

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Have a great time!!

Thanks, looking forward to some sun and down time by the pool.

Ok, so i checked back at Marshall's today, and they had the two nemo pieces I thought I missed the other day? I looked all over and they were nowhere to be found. But, they were there tonight! Got Bloat and Bubbles fish (no box/COA on bubbles) for $18 and $8 respectively. I saw Jacques (Not broken!! extremely surprised) and the Tiki Heads, which I am planning on getting as soon as they are discounted... if they are discounted... ugh. Good Luck!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

We found a bunch of things at a Marshall’s at a neighboring town today, but no extreme discounts, except for the $14.99 Small Worlds.

The Small Worlds we’ve found so far: Native American, Artic (Eskimo), Australia, Brazil, China, England, Belgium, and Spain.

We have extras of England, Brazil, Spain, and Belgium (and could probably get another Eskimo) if anybody wants to trade for any Small Worlds we don't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Ok, so i checked back at Marshall's today, and they had the two nemo pieces I thought I missed the other day? I looked all over and they were nowhere to be found. But, they were there tonight! Got Bloat and Bubbles fish (no box/COA on bubbles) for $18 and $8 respectively. I saw Jacques (Not broken!! extremely surprised) and the Tiki Heads, which I am planning on getting as soon as they are discounted... if they are discounted... ugh. Good Luck!
    I'm glad that worked out for you Epcot2000. It sounds like your store wants to get rid of everything, fast. I wish ours were like that. We're getting the same consistent answer: No discounts expected at all OR no further discounts for another 2-4 weeks.

I am trying to remain hopeful, but after the day I just had, I am thinking those discounts and the pieces I want are simply not in my future. The store that had discounted (once) several pieces that I really wanted was visited by Disney collectors tonight, and they bought everything I wanted. The only place that has the pieces I want now hasn't even marked them down once. Not looking good.

And we won't even get into the odyssey I experienced today over the Captain Hook large piece that someone had broken and the store didn't even want to discount it. Finally did, but for a fraction amount of what they should have taken off, since it's ruined. To put it simply: I long for the day when I never have to go in any of these stores ever again, because most of them are run by idiots, to put it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    We found a bunch of things at a Marshall’s at a neighboring town today, but no extreme discounts, except for the $14.99 Small Worlds.

The Small Worlds we’ve found so far: Native American, Artic (Eskimo), Australia, Brazil, China, England, Belgium, and Spain.

We have extras of England, Brazil, Spain, and Belgium (and could probably get another Eskimo) if anybody wants to trade for any Small Worlds we don't already have.
    Hi, I have a couple extra small world ornaments (Africa and Japan). I would be willing to trade for your Brazil Small World Set as I have all of the rest. The ornaments were only 5.99 each though so I would pay you the extra $3 as well assuming you want these. Please email me at [email protected] . Thanks

I've been keeping my eye on eBay, and I just spotted the large Kenai and Koda piece from Brother Bear on there with the sticker-laden box. Haven't heard of that being seen in any of the stores, but apparently it's out there somewhere.

Wish we had gotten that in! That's a very nice piece.

Aww! That's my favorite movie! I totally would have bought that for the regular Marshall's price. I agree though, the stores are run by idiots. well... maybe not idiots, but I hate how they don't know about the merchandise. Wow. It's Disney. It must be cheap stuff. No. Not really. Well, I'll be checking back every day or every other day for discounts.

Hello all, just wanted you guys that I went to the collectible store at EPCOT today and they had most of the figurines I got at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for full price. They had Esmeralda, and Mickey and the beanstalk, and most of the ISWA pieces at full price. The ISWA pieces were $99 or more, so enjoy the low prices. We just snickered when looking at the pieces knowing what a great deal we got.

Quote Originally Posted by N2MM View Post
    Hello all, just wanted you guys that I went to the collectible store at EPCOT today and they had most of the figurines I got at Marshalls and TJ Maxx for full price. They had Esmeralda, and Mickey and the beanstalk, and most of the ISWA pieces at full price. The ISWA pieces were $99 or more, so enjoy the low prices. We just snickered when looking at the pieces knowing what a great deal we got.
    Oh, that's nauseating! If I was there and paid full price for something, and then found out later I could have gotten it for cheap... oh boy! I was given several IASW pieces for Christmas, bought with the 50% discount at Disney's website, and I felt bad enough about that (although I never saw any of the ones I was given here, other than kanga). Otherwise, thankfully nothing I owned ended up in the stores. Before now, most of my pieces were older ones, anyway. I've never bought any WDCC pieces from WDW. Always find something else to spend my money on.

I was searching through Duckman's blog earlier today, and I'm wondering if we might be seeing more pieces end up in the stores. I find it odd that Enesco announced the Mad Hatter, Peter Pan, Mickey, and Tinkerbell from the Quintessentially Disney Series were all suspended and sold out within roughly 2 weeks of each other, starting at the very end of January. If it had just been the Mad Hatter, I might have believed it has to do with the new Alice movie. But I'm wondering if this line is the next to end up in the discount stores. Never know. Just seems strange they'd all "sell out" right around the same time.

Just went to check the second closest marshalls, and got the Tiki Hut Nemo Background Piece w/o Box or COA for $12 (red tag). I'm hoping to do the same with the Tiki Heads at the other marshall's if/when they mark it down.

However, I found another of the Snow White/ Prince piece which was also marked down on the first discount (red tag) for the same price of $72. This may seem useless, but it's a sign that stores are following at least some guideline, meaning other stores may have the markdowns that the store I was at did. I saw a few smaller pieces, but most/all were the smaller ones above $45.

Just went to check the second closest marshalls, and got the Tiki Hut Nemo Background Piece w/o Box or COA for $12 (red tag). I'm hoping to do the same with the Tiki Heads at the other marshall's if/when they mark it down.

However, I found another of the Snow White/ Prince piece which was also marked down on the first discount (red tag) for the same price of $72. This may seem useless, but it's a sign that stores are following at least some guideline, meaning other stores may have the markdowns that the store I was at did. I saw a few smaller pieces, but most/all were the smaller ones above $45.
    I've seen snow white/prince marked down to $72 everywhere (except Towson). I purchased this piece last year at a discount at WDW because I needed to complete the set. This piece was marked down at our store about 3 weeks ago. I've been to 10 Marshalls and never saw any of the discounts you got! Lucky you!

Snow White and the Prince does consistently seem to be $72. I'll be interested if it gets down in the $20 range, but not before that. Appreciate the history of that movie, but never liked Snow White; the voice did me in. *ducks from rotten tomatoes*

Not much new to report here, other than all Cindy and Prince cake toppers anywhere remotely near this area are gone, gone, gone. No steep discounts anywhere still, as of yet. I'm thinking these stores will not be able to give away the Willie's Chest pieces. I've seen about 15 of those things in the area, and even at $18 they can't move any of them. Not surprising because it's not all that special looking, AND it's heavy as lead! The box it comes in is huge, to boot.

We did "rescue" Rajah tonight on red tag for $36. She's going to be really hard to display though, because she's so oddly shaped (and heavy!). ETA: Okay, I'm embarrassed. Apparently Rajah is a "he" and not a "she." 18 years have passed, and yet I never knew that!
    Last edited by SorcererDonald16; 03-09-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererDonald16 View Post
    Snow White and the Prince does consistently seem to be $72. I'll be interested if it gets down in the $20 range, but not before that. Appreciate the history of that movie, but never liked Snow White; the voice did me in. *ducks from rotten tomatoes*

Not much new to report here, other than all Cindy and Prince cake toppers anywhere remotely near this area are gone, gone, gone. No steep discounts anywhere still, as of yet. I'm thinking these stores will not be able to give away the Willie's Chest pieces. I've seen about 15 of those things in the area, and even at $18 they can't move any of them. Not surprising because it's not all that special looking, AND it's heavy as lead! The box it comes in is huge, to boot.

We did "rescue" Rajah tonight on red tag for $36. She's going to be really hard to display though, because she's so oddly shaped (and heavy!). ETA: Okay, I'm embarrassed. Apparently Rajah is a "he" and not a "she." 18 years have passed, and yet I never knew that!
    that's funny. is this like a pet rescue mission? It seems to have become our job to rescue these poor neglected figurines!

Totally completely is. haha. I need to rescue a certain hunchback, judge, shrimp, tiki head sculpture, jester/gypsy, and some other poor little figurines... lol.

I'm goin to check marshall's tomorrow... hopefully gonna see lots of red tags, and hopefully come back w/ a tiki head piece...gotta wait on the others cause they're too expensive. Well...that donald was only about $30 so maybe i'd be able to get it? i don't know. But im rambling. which i'm gonna stop now

GOOD LUCK!

Totally completely is. haha. I need to rescue a certain hunchback, judge, shrimp, tiki head sculpture, jester/gypsy, and some other poor little figurines... lol.

I'm goin to check marshall's tomorrow... hopefully gonna see lots of red tags, and hopefully come back w/ a tiki head piece...gotta wait on the others cause they're too expensive. Well...that donald was only about $30 so maybe i'd be able to get it? i don't know. But im rambling. which i'm gonna stop now

GOOD LUCK!
    any new mark downs today?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast