Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Pics Up for Alice/Toad Piece

I collect these, but am majorly disappointed on the Alice portion. He's always made these 100% accurate almost to a fault, but the Alice side is a weird mangling of reality and not even close to the real deal. It's missing the Mad Hatter shop where it should be, the queue line...just about everything on Alice is gone. Very disappointing.

• Disneyland Fan

Olszewski does not make the pieces 100% accurate. The pieces are simply his interpretation of what he sees, taking into account surrounding pieces, the platform, size, budgetary constraints, etc. Some pieces end up being nicer and more accurate than others.
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Quote Originally Posted by tahnee View Post
    Olszewski does not make the pieces 100% accurate. The pieces are simply his interpretation of what he sees, taking into account surrounding pieces, the platform, size, budgetary constraints, etc. Some pieces end up being nicer and more accurate than others.
    Then he should do Alice separately if it's budgetary. Every piece I've seen of his is not an 'interpretation' but an attempt at accuracy. This one is an interpretation, and therefore doesn't convey the sense of place that the others do.

• Disneyland Fan

Olszewski is an artist, everything he does is an interpretation. Unfortunately, you don't like his interpretation of the Alice/Toad piece. When I first saw it, I thought it was a bit abbreviated, but I am still an Olszewski fan and I look forward to seeing his next piece. I guess if you really don't like it you can always drop it down the closest rabbit hole .
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Speaking for myself, I think the piece looks pretty good as it is. I'd like to see it in connection with Peter Pan and the Tea Party to see how the blend works and eventually see it in the Platform, but for now, I like it.

As to having the characters in the piece, I have no real objection there, it just is inconsistent, given we didn't see Peter Pan in the inserts for his ride. But it's neither here nor there, it's still a new piece and I am happy.

So, who's going to the release tomorrow? Anyone?

EDIT: For anyone interested and a member of the Olszewski Yahoo! group, photos of the next MSEP wave are up.
    Last edited by WarriorPoets; 03-14-2010 at 10:09 AM.

I'm taking it from the extended silence that no one made the Olszewski event on Saturday. Not tons surprising given the short notice, but I've heard something very interesting from other sources.

Item 1 - that hopefully by September, the accessory packs will be back in stock, both previous releases and new.

Item 2 - Something is up in regards to holiday decorations for the miniatures, but the details are unclear. I'm hoping someone can clarify on something - what I hearing is something holiday themed is coming for SB Castle, Cindy Castle and Haunted Mansion. What is not clear is if it's just a small thing, a decoration pack or if they could actually being doing revamped versions of the miniatures themed to the holidays. Let me be clear - I don't know the answer and I'm hoping we'll get someone to clear up the mystery.

If anyone knows or hears something, let's have it.

Since I live in Minnesota, it will be a while before I make it to a signing event. I have to settle for mail order. But I plan on making a signing event some day.

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    Since I live in Minnesota, it will be a while before I make it to a signing event. I have to settle for mail order. But I plan on making a signing event some day.

Tiki God
    I'm in the same boat, except Hawaii is my home town. I hope to make it to at least one signing before I depart this world...LOL (that and one D23 event).

Hey, my wife is from Minnesota! I was rooting hard for the Vikings this year, and I could eat breakfast at Perkins' every day of my life.

Frustrating, isn't it? Being in Kentucky, it's like being on the moon in contrast to living so close to Disneyland for so long. Keep hoping a regular reader here can help us out here with updates, but we'll see.

Ain't that the truth! Thank goodness for the internet. I cannot imagine how harder it would be to get information without it.

So true. I think a lot of the fanbase has been developed because of the internet, how the information is shared and where to go to get it.

Honestly, it's fantastic how the fanbase is growing again because of both Fantasyland and how many people are finishing Main Street. Just wait until accessories start rolling out again so people can customize their pieces.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

My Alice/Toad piece was just dropped off by the nice brown truck. It is gorgeous! I'm very happy with it, just like with all the other pieces. I think leaving out the queue line was smart, as the line is not all that pretty anyway. I really like how the piece captures the rides/buildings. It would be so fun to be so talented artistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    My Alice/Toad piece was just dropped off by the nice brown truck. It is gorgeous! I'm very happy with it, just like with all the other pieces. I think leaving out the queue line was smart, as the line is not all that pretty anyway. I really like how the piece captures the rides/buildings. It would be so fun to be so talented artistically.
    Oh, so jealous... mine should be arriving next week here and I really can't wait to see it, especially how the piece blends with Pan and the Tea Party.

In all honesty, unless the queue is themed somehow, like Pan, Pirates or Mansion, really doesn't bother me if it's included or not. Now, I do hope we get to see the golden apple in front of Snow White in addition to the Evil Queen peering out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    My Alice/Toad piece was just dropped off by the nice brown truck.
    Yah, I love the brown truck, too! We also received the Toad/Alice piece today (Friday). Beautiful!

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast