Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Pics Up for Alice/Toad Piece

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki God View Post
    Yah, I love the brown truck, too! We also received the Toad/Alice piece today (Friday). Beautiful!

Tiki God
    Be nice if the brown trucks came on Saturday, but such is life. Gives me something to look forward to and work toward. Enjoy the piece!

Brown truck came for me today! I LOVE the piece! Well detailed and I love the display scenes. Disappointed both scenes cannot be displayed at once, but I'm still happy with another addition to the collection.

Photos of the piece and the inserts are up at my Photobucket page, plus I took Pan and the Tea Party out so we could get a look at how this is all starting to come together. Just wish we could include the Castle, but that's on Main Street right now.

Here's the link. Comment if you wish: Olszewski pictures by MattPeriolat - Photobucket

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    I'm taking it from the extended silence that no one made the Olszewski event on Saturday. Not tons surprising given the short notice, but I've heard something very interesting from other sources.
    Actually Dusty Sage, Fishbulb, Mary Read and I did. Surprisingly short lines for it. Just bought the pre-signed copies though as I've met Bob several times and I hadn't finished packing for my vacation the next day.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    Actually Dusty Sage, Fishbulb, Mary Read and I did. Surprisingly short lines for it. Just bought the pre-signed copies though as I've met Bob several times and I hadn't finished packing for my vacation the next day.
    Gotcha. It's the thing that stinks about living so far from the parks, you hope someone does go and does a complete report after the event. Doesn't always work out that way, but you hope.

Hey, Kentucky-Matt, thanks for the photos.

Minnesota-Matt

PS We loved the photos of Peter Pan, Toad and Tea Cups side by side.
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Hey, Kentucky-Matt, thanks for the photos.

Minnesota-Matt

PS We loved the photos of Peter Pan, Toad and Tea Cups side by side.
    Oh, no trouble at all. I figured we were overdue for photos on how it's coming together and, with the Eastside of Fantasyland finished, it made sense. I probably could have included Dumbo, but it would have been out in space without Storybook to buffer it.

I'll be updating the photos with Snow White and Pinocchio, of course, as the picture continues to come into focus and I'm already planning my Main Street platform remodels (Remodel A will be adding in the Monorail track as well as Monsanto, Remodel B will hopefully be adding in new character packs and finally Remodel C will be connecting the Main Street and Fantasyland Platforms).

Come to think of it, any predictions from the peanut gallery on when we'll see a Fantasyland Platform prototype? If Fantasyland finishes within the next year, it should be by the Fall '10 release at the earliest, IMHO.

Fantasyland Base...

Maybe the prototype will be available at the end of 2010, with the actual piece being available for sale in mid to late 2011. Not much of a guess!

Speaking of characters... Will we ever see the NEXT Fab 5?

1) Daisy, 2) Chip, 3) Dale, 4) Roger Rabbit perhaps?, 5) Max or Scrooge?

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Fantasyland Base...

Maybe the prototype will be available at the end of 2010, with the actual piece being available for sale in mid to late 2011. Not much of a guess!

Speaking of characters... Will we ever see the NEXT Fab 5?

1) Daisy, 2) Chip, 3) Dale, 4) Roger Rabbit perhaps?, 5) Max or Scrooge?

Tiki God
    Actually, sounds about right. Getting the prototype out for us to get a feel, much like the photos I posted did, then probably by Christmas of 2011 for the final platform.

Ah, the accessory packs. Therein lies a tale.

The packs started back in 2003 with the releases of the Horsedrawn Street Car and the Yellow Horseless Carriage, followed by the Omnibus and the Fire Engine in early 2004. Character packs followed with (as I recall) the Princesses, the Fab 5, the Dapper Dans, the Balloon and Popcorn Vendors, the Pin Cart Vendor, the Disneyland Band, the Main Street Carolers and the Fruit Vendor.

The problem was the releases of Main Street took so long to finish, very few people bought the accessories. Disney actually discontinued most of them just before Main Street was finished, meaning not a lot of people who came late had a chance to enjoy them.

Anyway, Bob did have plans for more accessories and it appears that Disney has finally agreed to do more in addition to releasing the old ones again. The catch is the packs have to include more characters. So, hard to say what to expect first, if it will be mostly reissues first or some new stuff first. I do know that among the character packs being discussed before Disney stopped were an Alice in Wonderland character pack, Haunted Mansion cast members, Main Street cast members for the Train Station, City Hall and the Tour Guide gardens and finishing the vehicles with the red Horseless Carriage and the Corn Dog Cart. Also been talk of Churro carts and others.

Needless to say, given the Main Street shops, the vendors, the vehicles, the number of attractions released plus Fantasyland, there are enough to keep us busy for quite a while.

Oh, for anyone who never collected or don't have all the packs, I do have everything that was released if you want photos to have an idea on how to customize your Main Street.

• Future Animator

Is the Fantasyland collection going to fit perfectly into the Main Street collection? I'm not going to buy the Main Street platform because I want to connect the two lands, but I want to know if the pieces fit in together like a puzzle, or are they just going to be separate to their own land?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    Is the Fantasyland collection going to fit perfectly into the Main Street collection? I'm not going to buy the Main Street platform because I want to connect the two lands, but I want to know if the pieces fit in together like a puzzle, or are they just going to be separate to their own land?
    Well, according to Olszewski, you will have options for either connecting the two platforms or having them stand alone. From what I understand, there will be an option for the Fantasyland Platform that will also have space for the Castle, the Grotto and Carnation Gardens for a stand alone if you want to do that, or optionally connect them. How that's going to work, Olszewski hasn't said yet. The plans were talked about at the D23 convention and you can see a prototype Fantasyland base up against Main Street in the Olszewski video I posted.

Bottom line: you'll have a choice, one way or the other.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123