Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Crystal gazing: the future for Olszewski

Uhm... I think the pieces are nice and all, but where's the shrinking machine so I can visit my Main Street? Haha. I wish. anyway. Back on topic, as I said in an earlier post, I'd rather not have a full-retro or a full-present tomorrowland. A blend of the "Best of tomorrowland...1995-2010" would be great.

• Future Animator

A best of tomorrowland would be better, but I think there would still be a conflict on what is considered 'best.' I don't think it would matter that the majority of the attractions are indoors, since most of Disneyland's attractions are indoors anyways.

Tomorrowland is HUGE! I can't imagine how $$$ it would be to acquire the whole land. That's why I'm for selected attractions as opposed to collecting the whole land. Autopia. Subs. Plus, perhaps, some attractions from the Magic Kingdom's tomorrowland: Space Mountain, which is free standing. CoP - with inserts for CoP, Americas Sings.

Tiki God
    "Quit talking while I am interrupting..."

Visit my bluegrass band's web site at: www.monroecrossing.com

Tomorrowland is the least appealing area of the park to me (at least as how it stands now). I would cast a vote for vintage TL, but would still rather see a Frontierland with the Golden Horse Shoe Revue or New Orleans Square first.

I agree with Tiki God, a Blue Bayou would be incredible. I may have mentioned this ina prior post, but my ultimate dream would be a Carousel of Progress with all 4 scenes (I believe that was how much time periods were shown...it's been a while). I can just imagine playing "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while admiring the piece. Also a Thunder Mountain piece as well a Nostalgia Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland would be cool.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Tomorrowland is the least appealing area of the park to me (at least as how it stands now). I would cast a vote for vintage TL, but would still rather see a Frontierland with the Golden Horse Shoe Revue or New Orleans Square first.

I agree with Tiki God, a Blue Bayou would be incredible. I may have mentioned this ina prior post, but my ultimate dream would be a Carousel of Progress with all 4 scenes (I believe that was how much time periods were shown...it's been a while). I can just imagine playing "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" while admiring the piece. Also a Thunder Mountain piece as well a Nostalgia Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland would be cool.
    If they did COP, I'd love for the design to be "round" inside with a scene insert that spins within the piece so you can rotate between the scenes without having to replace each one. A guy can dream...

Actually, that is exactly what I had in mind!!! It must be a good idea since we were both thinking along that path. There is something about the way the scenes are set up in COP that always makes me nostalgic for America of the past. I worry too that this attraction might not be with us as it is dated compared to other attractions. To be able to preserve it in miniature form would be the next best thing to having the whole shebang moved into my back yard.

Tomorrowland is deceptive in size. Keep in mind that they have a few attractions (Autopia, Subs, Matterhorn, Space, Innoventions) that eat a lot of real estate. We'll just have to see how they plot the footprints.

How about this for the COP? Round building, insert scenes in the back for either COP or America Sings, top of the building comes off so you can see the futuristic model that ended COP originally.

I suggest that they do retro Tomorrowland for the moment and then, over time, release other attractions that can be changed out, like Space or Star Tours.

Let's just keep in mind nothing past Fantasyland has been officially approved, as yet. And quite honestly, how come no one has even mentioned the idea of a Subs miniature yet? I'd be psyched for that since I love the Subs and we get more Monorail track too.

• Future Animator

What, if any, accessory pack is going to be released with Fantasyland? I think a princess/character pack is obvious, but what else can they release?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    What, if any, accessory pack is going to be released with Fantasyland? I think a princess/character pack is obvious, but what else can they release?
    Well, the only character pack discussed originally was Alice in Wonderland characters, that was back when the Tea Party came out. One would imagine Peter Pan and Pinocchio characters would be added now, as well as CMs for the attractions and Village Haus.

Truthfully, there's more possibilities for Main Street accessories, but you never can tell.

• Future Animator

Hopefully. I'm looking forward to character packs just as much as I am the actual attractions.

I am excited to see what they can think up for the subs. Possibly an extension below the platform so that you can see "below" the water? will the water have removable scenes? Will the rocks contain the scenes? I also think they need some special lighting effects for space mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    I am excited to see what they can think up for the subs. Possibly an extension below the platform so that you can see "below" the water? will the water have removable scenes? Will the rocks contain the scenes? I also think they need some special lighting effects for space mountain.
    My guess is similar to Jungle Cruise with the subs going over solid water and the caves behind the waterfall having an insert scene or two.

Just a guess.

Personally I find Tomorrowland to be the least visually interesting land in the park, so I'll likely be passing on any Tomorrowland pieces (vintage or modern)--other than the Matterhorn.

I do understand the desire to own the entire park, but spacewise very few homes could accommodate it. I'd rather go for key attractions and areas and set up a display vertically on shelves.....but that may just be me

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'd like someone to poke me with a stick when the Matterhorn is coming. I quit this series a while back and only want the iconic landmarks now.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'd like someone to poke me with a stick when the Matterhorn is coming. I quit this series a while back and only want the iconic landmarks now.
    Gladly.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast