Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Crystal gazing: the future for Olszewski

Regarding what someone posted about upcoming WDW pieces, does anyone know the the water area pieces are for? They said that there was going to be 4 different ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'd like someone to poke me with a stick when the Matterhorn is coming. I quit this series a while back and only want the iconic landmarks now.
    Sure, we'll let you know. But I wouldn't expect it for a few years. If you are interested, WDW versions of Pirates and Mansion are in the planning stages.

As for the water elements for WDW, we haven't seen prototypes yet, but I would imagine they'll be the water with bridges and other surrounding elements. I'd compare them to the tree accessory packs, but I think Disney trademarked elements are in the WDW parts, so gotta get them through the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    Regarding what someone posted about upcoming WDW pieces, does anyone know the the water area pieces are for? They said that there was going to be 4 different ones.

I understand the WDW water pieces are the parts surrounding the central hub. For the DL collection it would be where the astro orbitor, snow white grotto, frontierland gateway pieces are.

Quote Originally Posted by it398 View Post
    I understand the WDW water pieces are the parts surrounding the central hub. For the DL collection it would be where the astro orbitor, snow white grotto, frontierland gateway pieces are.
    That sounds pretty nice actually. This is probably a no but do you think the water features will be any different that other pieces with water in it? I was looking at the prototype and the color or texture maybe did look somewhat different. I was thinking it might be kind of cool if you could add water potentially to give the piece even more realism. Normally, I would think adding water would be crazy but I recently saw a frontierland big fig where adding water was perfectly fine for it.

Also, what do you think Olszewski will be showing off at the MSEP #3 release? WDW/DL Castle Gallery of Light pieces? I know none of the mountains will be anytime soon but do you think they would show off any prototypes this year or perhaps the WDW HM and/or PoTC?

Quote Originally Posted by huntzilla View Post
    That sounds pretty nice actually. This is probably a no but do you think the water features will be any different that other pieces with water in it? I was looking at the prototype and the color or texture maybe did look somewhat different. I was thinking it might be kind of cool if you could add water potentially to give the piece even more realism. Normally, I would think adding water would be crazy but I recently saw a frontierland big fig where adding water was perfectly fine for it.

Also, what do you think Olszewski will be showing off at the MSEP #3 release? WDW/DL Castle Gallery of Light pieces? I know none of the mountains will be anytime soon but do you think they would show off any prototypes this year or perhaps the WDW HM and/or PoTC?
    Safe bet would be House of the Future and Snow White for sure, but depends on when the release is. We know there was some concern about doing a release at the same time as the Food and Wine Festival (Crowd Control staffing, I suppose), so hopefully it'll get out before the end of May. If not, I wonder if we might get three releases (MSEP 3, HOF and Snow White) in one blow in July.

We just heard about the Mansion and POTC WDW releases in January, so I'd say a prototype on either is premature. Then again, who knows, maybe they'll have something in mind come July. Always encourage those who can to go to the events and ask Bob and Travis for yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123