• The Study of Wumbo

Is Mouse Surplus Back?

Through a post by Ghostmouse on WWWD?'s thread, I was lead to a certain eBay seller, sellandship.

Looking at their items, they have a lot of park surplus up for auction. The same kinds of things that Mouse Surplus and Surplus Kingdom used to sell.

Now, you can google this story: I believe Mouse Surplus was owned by a guy, but somehow it got taken away from him and the new owners didn't keep it up very well. Then, he spun-off and made Surplus Kingdom. Surplus Kingdom seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth, and Mouse Surplus doesn't look like it's selling much right now.

Could sellandship be related to Mouse Surplus in some way? Has anyone bought from them?

I bought from Mouse Surplus back in 2007, and I am the proud owner of a large leaf from a scene in WDW's Small World.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Re: Is Mouse Surplus Back?

I think "sellandship" is a virtual consignment shop, nothing to do with MouseSurplus or SurplusKingdom.
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I was curious as well, because just last month/month before I was ebay-ing items from both. Sometimes the same item would appear for sellandship and mousesurplus on ebay. I have bought from both though...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    Through a post by Ghostmouse on WWWD?'s thread, I was lead to a certain eBay seller, sellandship.

Looking at their items, they have a lot of park surplus up for auction. The same kinds of things that Mouse Surplus and Surplus Kingdom used to sell.

Now, you can google this story: I believe Mouse Surplus was owned by a guy, but somehow it got taken away from him and the new owners didn't keep it up very well. Then, he spun-off and made Surplus Kingdom. Surplus Kingdom seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth, and Mouse Surplus doesn't look like it's selling much right now.

Could sellandship be related to Mouse Surplus in some way? Has anyone bought from them?

I bought from Mouse Surplus back in 2007, and I am the proud owner of a large leaf from a scene in WDW's Small World.

Egads.. what to say about Mark from sellandship .. he likes to buy and resell stuff from estate sales and from WDW Property Control or wherever he can find it. He has connections to some big people in the Disney universe, and he has sold their items online and in his shop. He also does consignment sales for people. I purchased some Disney nametags from him, and honestly, he puts a big markup on some of the stuff he sells. When I was talking to him, he came across as a bit snooty, but i just had to grin and bear it, cause I really wanted what he had!

• Resident of the Caldera

All of these companies are owned by different people.
    MouseSurplus and Surplus Kingdom were both originally owned by Brian Ramsay, a real deadbeat. He sold MouseSurplus to a nice guy from Detroit.

The guy who owns Sell and Ship is Marc Pianko--he used to work at MouseSurplus under both owners.

Marc sells some very fine items and he's always been straightforward with me. Brian Ramsay, on the other hand, is out of business.