Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Main Street Electrical Parade 3 - May 25 Online Ordering

Looks like May 25, 2010 is the date set for online ordering of Olszewski's Main Street Electrical Parade 3. Here is the link:

The Art of Disney Parks

Re: Main Street Electrical Parade 3 - May 25 Online Ordering

Very excited for the signing, hopefully we'll get some news on the future of Olszewski pieces.

On a side note, am I the only one that is remiss on the Gallery of Light pieces getting smaller and smaller it seems. I own all four of the GOL pieces based on attractions. My favorite is the Tiki Room one because it's so big and has so much detail. Even the POTC piece is long and making it seem better. SM and HM being so small makes them feel cramped and I wish they would make them larger even if it is a higher price point.

Well, the most interesting news to come out of the MSEP release is what will be released on July 17th, if it'll just be Monsanto or if Snow White will be available too.

Financially, I'd rather Snow White be pushed back a bit, but realistically, I'd put money on both coming out. I mean, a classic Fantasyland attraction coming out on the 55th Anniversary is too good a synergy to not run with.

Hope to get some news on the status of the accessories for Main Street as well. But, yeah, MSEP 3 looks good. Just wish we had the Pan Pirate Ship out with this wave and an idea of what wave 4 will look like.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Thanks for posting this info! Usually I've seen an email from Olszewski Studios by now but nothing yet on this online opportunity. Thanks!

So i'd like an opinion. Should i go for a $200 or so piece on ebay, or pick this piece up now? Do the MSEP pieces tend to be harder to find than the main street buildings/do prices go up more quickly?

• Future Animator

So far I've seen both waves of MSEP at the park every time I go now. I don't think they are harder to find than the buildings are, but then again it all depends. Last month the Opera House was almost impossible to find even on eBay, and now the park has a lot of them (as of last weekend). So right now the MSEP pieces aren't hard to find, however who knows if they will be in the future. If you really want it, I would suggest getting it now, just in case). After all, you probably won't get it cheaper anywhere else.

I hope to go to this signing. I want to ask about the Main Street accessories like other characters and cast members and churro stands they mentioned.

Online ordering this morning worked great. Remember to get the discounts if you are eligible. Thanks again for the heads up on this! The Olszewski Studios email did arrive yesterday afternoon too Looks like these are scheduled to ship around June 16th. Shipping is $13 for one or $19 for two.

Kind of a sad statement that I ran late to place my order by two hours and had no issues.

It's sad because I remember just a year or so ago you might have been in trouble with an Olszewski piece if you ran late by anything over 45 minutes. Then again, depends on the piece.

By the way, anyone get the email from Olszewski about a week or so ago about the re-issue plan? Just curious.

• Future Animator

Reissue plan?? I got an email a few weeks ago about some reissues that hit the shops, but nothing about there being a plan. Did you get it? Does it list what reissues will be coming next?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    Reissue plan?? I got an email a few weeks ago about some reissues that hit the shops, but nothing about there being a plan. Did you get it? Does it list what reissues will be coming next?
    I think that's what I meant, laying out the current reissue plan.

For those who didn't get it:

The Souvie Stands, SB Castle, Central Plaza and the Opera House pieces have all gotten new shipments in at Disneyland if anyone needs them.

Stock is running out on the electrical kit for the Main Street Platform and no more will be produced until another order of platforms is done sometime in 2011 or 2012.

There will be reservations taken shortly for the third Tree Accessory kit, which fills up half of the slots on the side of the Main Street platform. Watch for the email for the down payment, shipping sometime in September.

There ya have it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    Kind of a sad statement that I ran late to place my order by two hours and had no issues.

It's sad because I remember just a year or so ago you might have been in trouble with an Olszewski piece if you ran late by anything over 45 minutes. Then again, depends on the piece.

By the way, anyone get the email from Olszewski about a week or so ago about the re-issue plan? Just curious.
    Hopefully this means they've simply made more available for online ordering, rather than that the demand has fallen. I guess only Disney would know what the sales numbers are like. I'm hoping for high demand so they'll continue to make these amazing collectibles.

i've really been enjoying collecting the peices. It's so nice to be able to "visit" Disneyland even though i live 415 miles away. i think what's even cooler is that UPS just puts the package on my doorstep w/o requiring a signiture (makes it alot easier when i'm not home. while i *LOVE* the idea of being able to order online, the first time i did it it was funny not hearing "All of our operators are currently buusy. Please continue to hold and a Cast Member will be with you shortly,thank you for your patience" i especially miss having to make calls during the holidays as it was really neat hearing Disney Xmas music.

Anyone going to the event on Saturday, I just got an email about it and boy, are you all in for a treat.

The prototype of the Fantasyland platform will be on display at the event. Dunno if they'll do Main Street as well, but hey, we're FINALLY getting to see Fantasyland, so who cares?

Anyone going to the event, please post pictures, because since I can't come (darn you California being on the other side of the country!), I really want to see this.

Those of you going, congrats. Great score and have a good time.

I second Matt's motion! I want to see photos of the Fantasyland base. I've been holding off buying an acrylic cover for my Main Street platform as I am thinking about connecting the two platforms (just don't know if my room is long enough).

Also ordered the third tree pack accessory, so am excited about the future in terms of Olszewski products.

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    I second Matt's motion! I want to see photos of the Fantasyland base. I've been holding off buying an acrylic cover for my Main Street platform as I am thinking about connecting the two platforms (just don't know if my room is long enough).

Also ordered the third tree pack accessory, so am excited about the future in terms of Olszewski products.
    Main Street is 6 ft long, 2 1/2 ft wide. Fantasyland is supposedly 3 ft long, 2 1/2 ft wide, so that should give you a rough idea.

Oh and I missed a tiny, but significant detail in the email: mock ups of Storybook Land and Casey Jr. SHOULD be on view with the Platform as well. So needless to say, I SEVERELY envy anyone going to the event Saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast