Anyone go to the release?

Haven't seen any TRs detailing the event, was curious if anyone made it. I got the news (and photos) from other sources, but wanted to open up the floor to anyone else who may have gone and get their reactions and thoughts on the news.

So, floor's open boys!

• Distant Disneylandaholic

Re: Anyone go to the release?

I didn't go but certainly enjoyed the coldfish site update. She does an awesome job! I'm looking forward to my MSEP #3 arriving from UPS, hopefully this week.

Well, that's the funny thing about the release: everyone seems to be buzzing about what's coming rather than what just arrived. True, I'm going to have to wait until next week to see my next MSEP section, but I look forward to it. I also hope with all the schedule juggling that the MSEP stays on track with its annual releases to finish the parade.

While I'm disappointed the accessories have gotten back-burned AGAIN, I wish I could say I was surprised, but I am, of course, not. I dunno if it's economics or just concerns over sales, but I can't believe Disney isn't going after this, especially with so many people finishing their Main Street line ups and Fantasyland is getting awfully big in the view screen.

OK, Fantasyland. Who isn't excited about this? The mock up platform does look cool, but I know it is but a taste of what is to come. Wait until all the pieces are finished and all the tree accessories and the like are in place, THEN we'll really have something. I'm still curious to see how Fantasyland and Main Street will line up since there is still train track on Main Street and the edges of both platforms to overcome, but clearly it's a work in progress. I'd also complain about the potential Fantasyland sign not working with the combined platforms, but I know I'm getting it anyway, I'll just display it with the Nostalgia collection pieces I have.

Shame about the pieces getting shifted around, but it actually takes some pressure off the wallet this year. Just dying to see the finished versions of both Monsanto and Snow White, hopefully at the NFCC convention next month. But damn, does Storybook Land look impressive even in just mock up or what? That is going to be a really amazing piece once it's all finished, tell you that much, I just hope they can keep it closer to 400 or 450 than to 500.

All and all, it just looks fantastic so far and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Casey Jr. pricing?

Matt,

This can all change, but I think it will be closer to $500. If you think about it, although expensive, it is almost the entire length of the platform and it is also going to very intricate (I know you know this but others may not).

Although expensive, it will turn out to be less expensive done as one piece versus two (again, I expect you know this better than many collectors having worked at Disneyland so sorry to seem to state the obvious to you). This actually came up in discussion on Saturday. And also, one piece will avoid any inconsistencies since these are not injection mold production products and each piece is slightly different than the next. So matching each piece to the next release would be very difficult.

I think, for some of these pieces (say Matterhorn, Casey, and the like) it is just simply going to be more expensive. There probably is no way around that.

Anyway, it is great to see Casey in its early stages. I think Bob painted it in a few hours not too much before the show just to make it look pretty. I would still be painting a week later just to make it look so good!!!

Bob and Travis also discussed how Bruce was involved to make sure that the elevations would allow for a working train to be added to the Casey Jr. piece. This took an enormous effort and the thought and time going into these pieces is absolutely incredible.

Bob and Travis were just great yesterday. I think they were as excited to show the new base as we were to see it.

Tom
    PS I hope all is well.

All well here and thanks for the insight on Storybook/Casey Jr. It is going to be a truly remarkable piece and, to be honest, cost doesn't worry me as much as potential delays will. Like with the Carousel, there's going to be a lot of detail put into the piece and the more detail there is, the longer the approval process. Trust me, NOT a complaint at all, indeed I'm glad it will be so exacting, just anxious.

Let's be brutally honest: Fantasyland is going to hurt the wallet, between Storybook and the Carousel. There's no way pieces that big, that detailed, are going to go for lower prices. The detail and the cost of resin demand the high price points. I accept that and hey, I'll be happy to pay for something I know I will treasure. Plus, it'll be worth it to hear the family gush over how pretty it all is. They always do, ya know.

The only thing I'm discouraged about, as I said up above, is the continuing delays on the accessories. I just don't get Disney's mindset on those, given they can be used to continue to "sell" the big pieces in between releases. Bob doesn't have to be there for accessory releases, they would be lower in price which would equal more sales and they could work as "hooks" for the bigger pieces. That's just how I see it, of course, but what do I know?

OK, now back to drooling over the platforms.

Yeah, it would have been nice to keep the schedule on the character packs, but I think the pressure from collectors was to get building re-releases. I think Cindy may have elaborated about that, but can't remeber for sure. For us who were involved from the begnning, all the effort to re-release things just turns into a long waiting period.

But they at least do have big plans for the character packs!

On another note, Travis did say he would like to have the "finished" versions of Monsanto and Snow White at the NFFC show in July.

Quote Originally Posted by waltyensid View Post
    Yeah, it would have been nice to keep the schedule on the character packs, but I think the pressure from collectors was to get building re-releases. I think Cindy may have elaborated about that, but can't remeber for sure. For us who were involved from the begnning, all the effort to re-release things just turns into a long waiting period.

But they at least do have big plans for the character packs!

On another note, Travis did say he would like to have the "finished" versions of Monsanto and Snow White at the NFFC show in July.
    You know, that's a great point. I keep forgetting that, especially with Fantasyland coming together, more new collectors will be joining us, which means a bump in demand for Main Street. Far more important to get those collectors their pieces than to get little things out that not everyone can use yet.

The only drawback is it's going to be a while before the Main Street Platform is available again, but then again, it should be returning right around the same time that Fantasyland is rolling out, which may be a good hook for people to get both. In theory of course.

I cannot WAIT to see Monsanto and Snow White, I really can't. Monsanto will be the first real addition to my Main Street since... oh man, the MSEP started rolling out, so almost two years. No, I haven't installed my Monorail track yet, I've been busy. Later this summer, maybe.