Thread: NFFC tomorrow?

NFFC tomorrow?

Was curious if anyone was planning on attending the NFFC show tomorrow. Asking because we SHOULD... should get a look at the HOF and Snow White prototypes at the show, as well as the Fantasyland platform for anyone who missed it. Anyone who hasn't gotten the display boxes for HM, POTC or Peter Pan or the track kit for the Monorail can pick them up at the show.

I know it's late to mention this, just been busy. Hope people who are local or visiting of Disneyland's 55th can make the trip down Harbor Blvd to the Crown Plaza hotel and check things out.

If you can, have a good time! If not... well, hopefully we'll get a report from someone who can.

Re: NFFC tomorrow?

Hey Matt,

The Snow White piece looks incredible. Love the two interchangeable scenes as well as the Wicked Queen peering from the top window.

The updated prototype of Storybook Land also looks great and can imagine that the final piece will be mind blowing. After seeing the photos of the platforms connected, I am definitely going to connect my two as the visual impact is unsurpassed. Just going to have to figure a way to make it fit into my current location.

I am a bit bummed that the Pinocchio piece is delayed until next year, as the Village Haus is one of my favorite eating stops. At least is will be easier on the wallet, but the waiting is a killer. I want to finish up Fantasyland and get moving on to New Orleans Square and Frontierland!

Woah! That snow white piece is really great... I always did like that building! It's so exciting to see the whole thing, or at least all the concepts put together. I'm not exactly sure about those connections though. Are there paths that go from the castle/king triton/carnation plaza gardens pieces that will not go through because of the train track? The future is looking bright... can't WAIT! for that skyway!

I'm just sorry we didn't see Monsanto at the show as well, but yes, Snow White looks AMAZING.

As for how the platforms are going to work, it honestly looks like you'll put the platforms end to end and a piece of resin will go over the wood separating them. You'll still have some space between the Castle and the start of Fantasyland, but that appears to be the idea right now. It's still being mocked up, but that looks like the plan right now.

Not too clear on the design, but does the electrical parade go through a cave of some sort from Fantasyland to Main Street? And I wonder if we ever do get a mechanized road for Main Street to move the parade, does it preclude the possibility of the parade moving through Fantasyland?
    Last edited by forestlite; 07-21-2010 at 06:39 PM.

I was hoping that they could make the platform so that it could overlap to touch the back of the castle if the front piece wasn't on. Then again, that's just an assumption that I think would work based on pictures...I've never actually seen a platform in person

Quote Originally Posted by forestlite View Post
    Not too clear on the design, but does the electrical parade go through a cave of some sort from Fantasyland to Main Street? And I wonder if we ever do get a mechanized road for Main Street to move the parade, does it preclude the possibility of the parade moving through Fantasyland?
    The mechanical road was abandoned I think about a year or so ago. It was just beyond what they could do to find a way to move and light all the floats. That being said, the gentleman who has designed moveable versions of the Tea Cups and Dumbo is working on something for the road, just don't know when.

As for the MSEP route, there will be at least one tree pack on the Fantasyland side and one on the Main Street side between the road where the units would exit the Fantasyland platform and the Ariel's Grotto piece where they would come out on the Main Street platform. That being said, yes, the platforms ARE being designed with the parade route in mind. There will be a gap in the units as they pass "through" the barriers, but it will be possible to recreate the route of the parade starting by Alice in Wonderland and working your way down toward Town Square gate where the units move off stage. It'll be a static unlit display, but for now, there you have it.

Another question, just wondering what everyone thought... How exactly will dumbo fit into that park space on the right? I believe the pictures I saw of it on display showed only the main ride part in that space... Will that be a separate piece? self-modification? Also, has he commented if that house of the future piece will be so that it does fit over the tree in the Tritons gardens piece?

The Dumbo piece is designed so that the center section can be easily removed from it's base and placed in the Fantasyland platform. I believe just a few screws hold the center section in, though I have not taken mine apart to look.

I believe the house of the future is designed to fit over the singular tree on the mermaid statue's left.

Thanks for those answers! That clears things up a lot! I was just wondering about the dumbo piece because it really wouldn't be fair to make such a big part of fantasyland require the owner to cut up the dumbo piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Thanks for those answers! That clears things up a lot! I was just wondering about the dumbo piece because it really wouldn't be fair to make such a big part of fantasyland require the owner to cut up the dumbo piece.
    Bob's never done that so far. All the pieces are pretty easy to figure out once you start putting everything together. Although I'll admit Dumbo confused me at first too, given I wasn't sure what section came out and what stayed in. Speaking for myself, I'll probably leave my Dumbo intact in the platform base until we get a Chicken of the Sea announcement. I'm more interested to see how that will work.

As for Monsanto, yeah, that'll fit over a tree in the Grotto piece. I can only assume that the lighting on the Grotto will illuminate Monsanto, but honestly, there have been so few details released on this piece, it's the one that's got me the most intrigued in quite some time, plus, besides the Monorail track, it'll be the first addition to the Main Street platform since I installed the last piece in December of 07. That's a LONG time for a piece to be idle.

I just realized, is he not doing IASW for Fantasyland. I figure it would be a huge and expensive piece but it would be really fantastic. Also, their is the rumor that the peoplemover is the next nostalgia piece. Would it just be one of the cars or perhaps some track as well. The reason I ask is I was wondering if he plans on ever expanding the monorail track? I would like to see that and the peoplemover track go throughout Tomorrowland.