Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 1415
  1. #136

    • we jumped out a window
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,273

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    That is why I'm skipping Blurr I don't like his vechicle mode. His G1 mode is alot better. I mean if they can do a update verison of Hot Rod in his future look why can't they do Blurr. To me Dift's vechicle mode almost looks like it can be a Streetwise mode. I can see Streetwise more then I can Blurr.
    I'm just going to keep him in robot mode but I liked Animated Blurr much better for both vehicle and robot modes.

    Anyhow, it feels great to now have Classics Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. If only Hasbro would give us Thundercracker (I don't really care about Sunstorm) then my Seekers will be complete.

  2. #137

    • Queen Elsa
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,819

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Here's the PDF of all the Star Wars Beanz. I see that there's a Wicket. GAAAAH!!!!

    http://mightyjabba.files.wordpress.c...ars_poster.pdf
    So it looks like you now to hunt down Wicket from them. I disagree with that list a little bit. It show that C-3PO is a comman Bean but I think he is a super rare. From what I have hear nobody has found him yet samething going for Lando.

  3. #138

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    So it looks like you now to hunt down Wicket from them. I disagree with that list a little bit. It show that C-3PO is a comman Bean but I think he is a super rare. From what I have hear nobody has found him yet samething going for Lando.

    I think there are a handful of beanz yet to be released from that listing. A good way to judge is to go to Ebay and search "Star Wars Beanz". You'll get a good sense of what's been released.

    Out of 18 pages, there are no wicket auctions which just tells me he's not even available yet.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  4. #139

    • Queen Elsa
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,819

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I'm just going to keep him in robot mode but I liked Animated Blurr much better for both vehicle and robot modes.

    Anyhow, it feels great to now have Classics Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge. If only Hasbro would give us Thundercracker (I don't really care about Sunstorm) then my Seekers will be complete.
    I'm happy with the two jets I got Starscream and Thrust. Send they are the only ones I have of the G1 jets. What I'm doing is I'm trying to update most of the G1 Transformers that I have to what they would look like today. But there has been some that I have past on cause I didn't like how they look like. Blurr is one,Inferno is another, Ultra Magnus is another because I don't count that Ultra Magnus that comes with Skywrap a Magnus I see him as a white Prime. Bluestreak I'm skipping to cause the G1 Bluestreak I have was the very first Transformer I ever own back in 84 and well I can't see myself to a update verison of him. I would like for them to do a Gen. verison of Wingspan and Pounce.


  5. #140

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    I feel so stupid! When I was at TRU the other day they had 1 MP Grimlock out, and I didn't snag it! I didn't realize how hard it was to find till today.


  6. #141

    • we jumped out a window
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,273

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I feel so stupid! When I was at TRU the other day they had 1 MP Grimlock out, and I didn't snag it! I didn't realize how hard it was to find till today.
    Very, very difficult. I've only seen two of them out in the wild and bought one.

  7. #142

    • Queen Elsa
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Riverside, California, United States
    Posts
    6,819

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Yeah they are hard to fine. I haven't seen him at my store send the day I got mine. Tell you the thurth any Master Peace Transformer is hard to fine exsept Skywarp. Even thou they reduce the price from $60 to $30 nobody is buying him at my Wal-Mart infact I haven't even bought him send He became a Sweep.

  8. #143

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    I had these two for awhile but never put them in the thread. Asajj Ventress and the updated General Grievous.



    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  9. #144

    • 'splosions
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    16.4 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    796

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I feel so stupid! When I was at TRU the other day they had 1 MP Grimlock out, and I didn't snag it! I didn't realize how hard it was to find till today.
    Very, very difficult. I've only seen two of them out in the wild and bought one.
    ok, hilarious story.

    I was perusing the TF aisle at TRU and happened upon a MP Grimlock. I was pretty excited because I had seen it at Comic-Con and was wondering when they'd be available.

    I checked around the shelf for a price but they didn't have any stickers or anything leading me to believe that it was the only one in a box or something.

    I took it to the counter and had him price check it for me. "$70". I carried it around the store thinking about whether I really needed to drop the money on it right then (Was going out that evening).

    So after some pacing, I took it back to the TF aisle and did that security thing we all do when we decide to get a figure later; I started hiding it amongst the other toys in the back of the bottom shelf.

    As I'm making this scene all kneeled on the floor and shuffling toys about, I hear behind me "Oh, I was looking for that. May I see it?"

    Imagine, if you will, one of those really slow dramatic turns people do to face their enemy and you'll have a pretty accurate image of the scene.

    "No you weren't" I uttered. "Don't lie to me", I thought. I begrudgingly shoved the security toys out of the way and brought Grimlock back out. She reached her hand out to take it but I didn't let it go as I knelt holding it.

    "Oh, because I was looking for that one for my son"
    (Who at this point runs past me and is 4)
    "You are not buying this for your son" I said. "It's a collector's item".

    She asked how much it was and I replied "$70". "$17.99?" She asked. Took me a second, but I realized she was reading the skus for the other items in that area, thinking me a liar.

    "No, it's $70"
    "$19.99?"
    "No. Ma'am, it's $70" as I draw a 7-0 in the air with my finger.

    "Well, I don't see a sticker for it"
    "Well, that's because it's a rare figure and they only had one of it."

    "I wonder why it is so expensive"
    I kind of shrugged her off at this point as it was pretty obvious that she was only interested in the figure because I was hiding it in the first place.

    So to save this Grimlock from being mercilessly destroyed by a 4 year old's hands because of his greedy mother, I did the only thing I could do; Buy it in front of her and take it home.

    Yes, I may have been a jerk and I probably wouldn't have responded the way I had had she listened to me in the first place, but in the long run it was better I did buy it because I haven't seen it anywhere since.

    Plus, it's Grimlock! He kicks butt!

  10. #145

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    ok, hilarious story.

    I was perusing the TF aisle at TRU and happened upon a MP Grimlock. I was pretty excited because I had seen it at Comic-Con and was wondering when they'd be available.

    I checked around the shelf for a price but they didn't have any stickers or anything leading me to believe that it was the only one in a box or something.

    I took it to the counter and had him price check it for me. "$70". I carried it around the store thinking about whether I really needed to drop the money on it right then (Was going out that evening).

    So after some pacing, I took it back to the TF aisle and did that security thing we all do when we decide to get a figure later; I started hiding it amongst the other toys in the back of the bottom shelf.

    As I'm making this scene all kneeled on the floor and shuffling toys about, I hear behind me "Oh, I was looking for that. May I see it?"

    Imagine, if you will, one of those really slow dramatic turns people do to face their enemy and you'll have a pretty accurate image of the scene.

    "No you weren't" I uttered. "Don't lie to me", I thought. I begrudgingly shoved the security toys out of the way and brought Grimlock back out. She reached her hand out to take it but I didn't let it go as I knelt holding it.

    "Oh, because I was looking for that one for my son"
    (Who at this point runs past me and is 4)
    "You are not buying this for your son" I said. "It's a collector's item".

    She asked how much it was and I replied "$70". "$17.99?" She asked. Took me a second, but I realized she was reading the skus for the other items in that area, thinking me a liar.

    "No, it's $70"
    "$19.99?"
    "No. Ma'am, it's $70" as I draw a 7-0 in the air with my finger.

    "Well, I don't see a sticker for it"
    "Well, that's because it's a rare figure and they only had one of it."

    "I wonder why it is so expensive"
    I kind of shrugged her off at this point as it was pretty obvious that she was only interested in the figure because I was hiding it in the first place.

    So to save this Grimlock from being mercilessly destroyed by a 4 year old's hands because of his greedy mother, I did the only thing I could do; Buy it in front of her and take it home.

    Yes, I may have been a jerk and I probably wouldn't have responded the way I had had she listened to me in the first place, but in the long run it was better I did buy it because I haven't seen it anywhere since.

    Plus, it's Grimlock! He kicks butt!
    I'm not as much of a collector as some others in this thread, but this is the best. story. ever.

    For he record, I would have done the same thing...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  11. #146

    • we jumped out a window
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,273

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    ok, hilarious story.

    I was perusing the TF aisle at TRU and happened upon a MP Grimlock. I was pretty excited because I had seen it at Comic-Con and was wondering when they'd be available.

    I checked around the shelf for a price but they didn't have any stickers or anything leading me to believe that it was the only one in a box or something.

    I took it to the counter and had him price check it for me. "$70". I carried it around the store thinking about whether I really needed to drop the money on it right then (Was going out that evening).

    So after some pacing, I took it back to the TF aisle and did that security thing we all do when we decide to get a figure later; I started hiding it amongst the other toys in the back of the bottom shelf.

    As I'm making this scene all kneeled on the floor and shuffling toys about, I hear behind me "Oh, I was looking for that. May I see it?"

    Imagine, if you will, one of those really slow dramatic turns people do to face their enemy and you'll have a pretty accurate image of the scene.

    "No you weren't" I uttered. "Don't lie to me", I thought. I begrudgingly shoved the security toys out of the way and brought Grimlock back out. She reached her hand out to take it but I didn't let it go as I knelt holding it.

    "Oh, because I was looking for that one for my son"
    (Who at this point runs past me and is 4)
    "You are not buying this for your son" I said. "It's a collector's item".

    She asked how much it was and I replied "$70". "$17.99?" She asked. Took me a second, but I realized she was reading the skus for the other items in that area, thinking me a liar.

    "No, it's $70"
    "$19.99?"
    "No. Ma'am, it's $70" as I draw a 7-0 in the air with my finger.

    "Well, I don't see a sticker for it"
    "Well, that's because it's a rare figure and they only had one of it."

    "I wonder why it is so expensive"
    I kind of shrugged her off at this point as it was pretty obvious that she was only interested in the figure because I was hiding it in the first place.

    So to save this Grimlock from being mercilessly destroyed by a 4 year old's hands because of his greedy mother, I did the only thing I could do; Buy it in front of her and take it home.

    Yes, I may have been a jerk and I probably wouldn't have responded the way I had had she listened to me in the first place, but in the long run it was better I did buy it because I haven't seen it anywhere since.

    Plus, it's Grimlock! He kicks butt!
    Browncoat, you sure handled that how Mal Reynolds would have! Great job!

    At least you didn't get the "these are FOR KIDS! How dare you take them away from the KIDS!!!!!" tirade.

  12. #147

    • King of Los Angeles
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Haha we've all been there. I always say it is for my nephew.

  13. #148

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,402

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    My friends gave this to me waaaay back in July at comic-con. It's one of their creations: Whale Boy. Cute huh?




    He comes with a bunch of interchangeable faces. WHALE-E-FACES? hahahaha



    I like this one:


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  14. #149

    • we jumped out a window
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18,273

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II



    I got these guys today.

  15. #150

    • Autobot Weapon Specialist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    6,209

    Re: The Recent Toy Acquisition(s) Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    ok, hilarious story.

    I was perusing the TF aisle at TRU and happened upon a MP Grimlock. I was pretty excited because I had seen it at Comic-Con and was wondering when they'd be available.

    I checked around the shelf for a price but they didn't have any stickers or anything leading me to believe that it was the only one in a box or something.

    I took it to the counter and had him price check it for me. "$70". I carried it around the store thinking about whether I really needed to drop the money on it right then (Was going out that evening).

    So after some pacing, I took it back to the TF aisle and did that security thing we all do when we decide to get a figure later; I started hiding it amongst the other toys in the back of the bottom shelf.

    As I'm making this scene all kneeled on the floor and shuffling toys about, I hear behind me "Oh, I was looking for that. May I see it?"

    Imagine, if you will, one of those really slow dramatic turns people do to face their enemy and you'll have a pretty accurate image of the scene.

    "No you weren't" I uttered. "Don't lie to me", I thought. I begrudgingly shoved the security toys out of the way and brought Grimlock back out. She reached her hand out to take it but I didn't let it go as I knelt holding it.

    "Oh, because I was looking for that one for my son"
    (Who at this point runs past me and is 4)
    "You are not buying this for your son" I said. "It's a collector's item".

    She asked how much it was and I replied "$70". "$17.99?" She asked. Took me a second, but I realized she was reading the skus for the other items in that area, thinking me a liar.

    "No, it's $70"
    "$19.99?"
    "No. Ma'am, it's $70" as I draw a 7-0 in the air with my finger.

    "Well, I don't see a sticker for it"
    "Well, that's because it's a rare figure and they only had one of it."

    "I wonder why it is so expensive"
    I kind of shrugged her off at this point as it was pretty obvious that she was only interested in the figure because I was hiding it in the first place.

    So to save this Grimlock from being mercilessly destroyed by a 4 year old's hands because of his greedy mother, I did the only thing I could do; Buy it in front of her and take it home.

    Yes, I may have been a jerk and I probably wouldn't have responded the way I had had she listened to me in the first place, but in the long run it was better I did buy it because I haven't seen it anywhere since.

    Plus, it's Grimlock! He kicks butt!
    Depending on how long ago this story happend. This may have been the same Grimlock I was tempted to buy at the same TRU. haha.


Page 10 of 95 FirstFirst ... 78910111213203560 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Recent Pin Acquisition(s) Thread II -- Pin Harder
    By Coheteboy in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 06-16-2014, 09:31 PM
  2. The Recent Toy Acquistion(s) thread
    By Melonballer in forum Disney Collectables
    Replies: 2079
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 12:56 PM
  3. Recent Pin Aquisition(s) thread!
    By Coheteboy in forum Pin Trading
    Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 09:10 PM
  4. Moved from: Recent Pin Aquisition(s) thread!
    By Savvy_TJ in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 09:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •