• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Question Tangled WDCC Figures Coming?

When The Princess and the Frog premiered, there was a WDCC Tiana figure out, but at this present moment there is nothing out for Tangled...and, well, I find that kinda disappointing :/ Does anyone know if there are any plans to introduce any Tangled WDCC figures soon?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Tangled WDCC Figures Coming?

It's really disappointing how they let WDCC just completely fall apart over the past year. And to see that they don't (apparently) have any piece dedicated for the premiere of Tangled, they've sunk to an even further low.

Agreed. I can think of so many cool figurines they could do off the top of my head. In the past it seems some of them were out for sale before the movie even premiered? Such a shame.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I don't know that the Classics Collection has actually done many pieces right as the movie premiered - frankly, I was kind of surprised to see Tiana being released with the movie. I think from a business perspective, though, it makes sense to wait. P&TF wasn't really the box office success they were hoping it would be and I imagine the related WDCC piece maybe wasn't as big of a seller either. So they would probably want to see how Tangled does in the theaters before getting pieces ready from it.

The Classics Collection has had a rough year =( The parks have hardly any pieces left, although supposedly new shipments are starting to come in. However, if anyone watched one of the D23 Geek episodes a couple weeks ago, they had an interview with one of the sculptures and they showed some new pieces in the background, including Carl & Russell from Up!

I'm hopeful that a better economy in 2011 (crossing fingers) will help lift the collection up again. Expensive collectibles are one of the first things to go and I have to say that I'm just happy there still is a Classics Collection and that it didn't get shut down entirely.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Fantasmic, have to correct you on your misinformation. WDCC has had A new piece specially designed for nearly every Walt Disney Animated feature going all the way back to The Lion King in the early 90's. It was called "Pals", with Simba as a cub, on Mufasa's back. Pocahontas had one of her kneeling on a tree stump, and the pieces continued.

The reason why WDCC had a "rough year" as you call it, is because they (along with Enesco, who took over producing the pieces) practically gave up on doing anything new, other than what was already in the pipeline. An even bigger reason as proof, is that after nearly 20 years of the WDCC, they STOPPED with the annual membership kits, and the "club" portion altogether. I don't know how many people were members the entire time, but I was one of them. And it was something that I looked forward to each year.

Recently they did cut back on the number of pieces they released, and I think it was wise to do that to a certain extent. However the decision to cut back even further about a year ago was a mistake. They had one of the best collections going, and then they just throw their annual members to the side.

Then there were additional signs of WDCC giving up, with seeing several WDCC pieces on sale at heavily discounted prices at TJ Maxx and another similar store. That was the sure sign that WDCC pulled the plug. And there is no sign of them starting up the membership again. And some of the recent annual membership pieces are on sale for discounted prices at the WDCC official site, and disneystore online. And take into account that the vast majority of pieces released in 2010, were only for production in the year 2010. They have NEVER had that many pieces released for just one year.

It all really points to them closing the shop up in 2011. All they have been doing in 2010 is cleaning shop.